Han Solo Spinoff Confirmed

Saw it.  Liked it.  It's a fun story in the Star Wars universe.  A few good easter eggs and nods towards the other movies that I feel didn't take away the overall story.  I'd say if you think anyone but Ford playing Han is sacrilege, you might not enjoy it.  But Ehrenreich did a fine job.  Strong performances all around.  Definitely recommend.  

20 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I just can't make myself be excited for this. Maybe if it had a 90% on Rotten Tomatoes I would be, but it doesn't and we just had a new Star Wars in December and I'm getting burnt out. I hope they don't keep putting them so close together.

0PbtXlX.gif

• Plus1 1
58 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I just can't make myself be excited for this. Maybe if it had a 90% on Rotten Tomatoes I would be, but it doesn't and we just had a new Star Wars in December and I'm getting burnt out. I hope they don't keep putting them so close together.

It's a fun movie.  Does it do anything groundbreaking with the story? No. Does it use some well worn cliches? Yes.  But its a well made movie that I would recommend to everyone who has a passing interest in Star Wars.

2 hours ago, Making Chimichangas said:

@whateveritis1224, I've seen what you said here and I have talked to a couple people (both of whom are Star Wars fans) and they, like you, said it was pretty good.  I am seeing it on Sunday and from the very limited things I have heard, people are coming out of the theaters and liking what they saw.  So that bodes well.

I haven't seen it yet, but two of my brothers told me it's just ok. They told me it's probably best not to have high expectations for this film and you'll like it better.

1 hour ago, Saunders said:

Saw it last night. It felt more like a Star Wars movie than TLJ.

Saw it yesterday as well.  What I noticed was almost no reference to The Force except at the end.  Wonder if there will be another movie centered on the ex-girlfriend 

8 hours ago, huKSer said:

Saw it yesterday as well.  What I noticed was almost no reference to The Force except at the end.  Wonder if there will be another movie centered on the ex-girlfriend 

Spoiler so don't look at the hidden comment if you haven't seen the film.

Spoiler

Yeah the appearance of Darth Maul was a very nice surprise.

The wife and I saw it Friday nite.  While it had some passing appearances of what one would see in a Star Wars movie, I thought it was well served to stand on it's own two feet and break new ground for another chapter.  Marvel Movies have done a great job of tying all their characters together while initially they were stand alone movies.  I hope Disney can learn that lesson.  The action was fast paced but not overwhelming.  Emilia Clarke fills her role well and the surprise at the end is wild!  I see potential in Alden Eierenreich as young Han. We now have clues about why is is who he is.

I wanted this to be a good Star Wars film, so I had a high bar walking in.

It was fun, but not great. Good, and unabashedly not beholden to any other Star Wars film other than in name. It's a totally different direction. 

Has anyone besides me read the Brian Daley series of Han Solo adventures, and/or the L. Neil Smith series about Lando Calrissian? I'm curious how you took the Easter Eggs if you did. I loved them.