Eichorst on Miles

Mavric

So, you probably understand where I'm going with this. If Nebraska loses to both Minnesota and Michigan, then gets bounced out of the Big Ten Tournament in the first round, plenty of media and fans will want to hear from Eichorst -- again.

Yes, awkward.

Hey, Shawn, do you still like Tim's vision for the program? Do you still think he's managing it well?

I've said it before: Miles has done an excellent job putting together a strong roster, and he's developed players well. I'm inclined toward thinking he's earned a chance to coach this young group of players next season -- when there would be ample pressure on Miles to reach the NCAA Tournament.

That said, I also understand the arguments of Miles' detractors. Nebraska appears headed toward a third straight losing season, and Miles on Sunday seemed at a loss to explain an offense that ranks 13th in the Big Ten in scoring (70.4), 12th in field-goal percentage defense, and 13th defending the three-pointer.

Against Illinois, Nebraska lacked discipline on both offense and defense.

LJS