OG William Putnam [Clemson - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

26 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Putnam commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

• 3 months later...

• Mavric changed the title to OG William Putnam
  • 1 month later...

51 minutes ago, Thanks_Tom RR said:

There has been zero activity with this guy since Frost’s staff arrived in Lincoln. Why are you assuming he is at the top of Nebraska’s OG list?

It's these kinds of posts that fascinate me. 

Hmmm, well ... another moderator, @Mavric, posted an update on July 4th of the Current Scholarships/Commits.  It is taken from the ***2019 Recruiting*** thread.  

As I've followed this position, it seemed we had a need both in the short term and the long.  My perception and understanding was that Desmond Bland met that need in the short term to replace Farmer or Foster next year.  On the list below we have Mavric has WIlliam Putnam on the list as the other OG/C for that position.  I assumed since Putnam was on this list and he was around the #5 ranked guy at that position (247: #133 Overall; #5 OG; :star:star:star:starthat he was probably at the top of the :bigredn: recruiting board.  FYI, why would NOT :bigredn: have him at the top of our board?

Thus, Mr. Moderator ... what's with the jab (it feels like one) at a fan asking for the guru's who are "in the know" if there is any update on this guy?  It's been around a month or more since Bland committed and I was just curious if there was any updated info.  As you even stated, "There has been zero activity with this guy since Frost’s staff arrived in Lincoln."  To me ... that is very weird seeing that he is a guy who has been in for a visit and loved it, has a relationship with the former Husker OL Brian Pruitt and we already wiffed on that position last year. I'm curious to ask why are you implying I'm "assuming he is at the top of Nebraska's OG list" when as a fan that is the only understanding to come to based off the posted information from moderators like Mavric.

Do we have an issue to work out in private or am I just reading something into this?  Hmmm.  I'd love to be educated, taught and informed ... please do so.

Current Scholarships/Commits

QB - 1 - LUKE McCAFFREY
RB - 3 - THOMAS GRAYSONRAHMIR JOHNSON, RONALD THOMPKINS, Wandale Robinson, Darwin Barlow
WR - 3-4 - JAMIE NANCEMarcus Washington, Mycah Pittman, Kyle Ford, Marlyn Johnson, Jameson Williams, Brieon Fuller, Rashee Rice
TE - 1-2 - Chris Hickman
OT - 2-3 - MATTHEW ANDERSON, Jayme SimmonsBryce Benhart, Michael Lynn, Danielson Ike, Chris Okporoghene, Grant Treiber, Enokk Vimahi
OG/C - 2 - JUCO DESMOND BLANDWilliam Putnam

NT - 1-2 - JUCO Tony Fair
DE - 2 - ETHAN PIPERTy Robinson, Mosai Newsom, Stephon Wright
LB - 3-4 - GARRETT SNODGRASS, GARRETT NELSON, JACKSON HANNAH, Nick Henrich, Makobe Dean, Spencer Lytle, Ge'mon Eaford, Maninoa Tufono, Peni Naulu, Zach Marcheselli, Daniel Heimuli, Kevon Glenn, David Gbenda
CB - 2 - Javin Wright, Isaiah Essissima, Tiawan Mullen
S - 2 - Quinton Newsome, Brendan Gant

ATH - Kenny Logan

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

I'm curious to ask why are you implying I'm "assuming he is at the top of Nebraska's OG list"

You literally said just that in your prior post.

Are moderators not allowed to ask questions or engage in conversation? What a bizarre response.

Just now, Ulty said:

You literally said just that in your prior post.

Are moderators not allowed to ask questions or engage in conversation? What a bizarre response.

It's on the moderators list.  Their are two guys on the list for OG, one is committed (Bland) ... the other has had no update (Putnam).  I had no idea that Putnam was on the list until I read it on the ***2019 Recruiting*** thread.  So, I'm curious as to why he is asking me.  I'm just a fan reading the board.

Yes, of course moderators can do that.  I simply stated where I got the information ... from the board and a fellow moderator (Mavric).  I've expressed no opinion at all on that.  

Bizarre response?  Hmmm ... I don't know what you read that was bizarre.  All the best to you.

3 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

It's on the moderators list.  Their are two guys on the list for OG, one is committed (Bland) ... the other has had no update (Putnam).  I had no idea that Putnam was on the list until I read it on the ***2019 Recruiting*** thread.  So, I'm curious as to why he is asking me.  I'm just a fan reading the board.

Yes, of course moderators can do that.  I simply stated where I got the information ... from the board and a fellow moderator (Mavric).  I've expressed no opinion at all on that.  

Bizarre response?  Hmmm ... I don't know what you read that was bizarre.  All the best to you.

You don't need to bump, you could have just said is there any new information with this kid. If there is information it is usually shared pretty fast, not 4 months. 

• Plus1 1
37 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

It's these kinds of posts that fascinate me. 

Hmmm, well ... another moderator, @Mavric, posted an update on July 4th of the Current Scholarships/Commits.  It is taken from the ***2019 Recruiting*** thread.  

As I've followed this position, it seemed we had a need both in the short term and the long.  My perception and understanding was that Desmond Bland met that need in the short term to replace Farmer or Foster next year.  On the list below we have Mavric has WIlliam Putnam on the list as the other OG/C for that position.  I assumed since Putnam was on this list and he was around the #5 ranked guy at that position (247: #133 Overall; #5 OG; :star:star:star:starthat he was probably at the top of the :bigredn: recruiting board.  FYI, why would NOT :bigredn: have him at the top of our board?

Thus, Mr. Moderator ... what's with the jab (it feels like one) at a fan asking for the guru's who are "in the know" if there is any update on this guy?  It's been around a month or more since Bland committed and I was just curious if there was any updated info.  As you even stated, "There has been zero activity with this guy since Frost’s staff arrived in Lincoln."  To me ... that is very weird seeing that he is a guy who has been in for a visit and loved it, has a relationship with the former Husker OL Brian Pruitt and we already wiffed on that position last year. I'm curious to ask why are you implying I'm "assuming he is at the top of Nebraska's OG list" when as a fan that is the only understanding to come to based off the posted information from moderators like Mavric.

Do we have an issue to work out in private or am I just reading something into this?  Hmmm.  I'd love to be educated, taught and informed ... please do so.

Current Scholarships/Commits

QB - 1 - LUKE McCAFFREY
RB - 3 - THOMAS GRAYSONRAHMIR JOHNSON, RONALD THOMPKINS, Wandale Robinson, Darwin Barlow
WR - 3-4 - JAMIE NANCEMarcus Washington, Mycah Pittman, Kyle Ford, Marlyn Johnson, Jameson Williams, Brieon Fuller, Rashee Rice
TE - 1-2 - Chris Hickman
OT - 2-3 - MATTHEW ANDERSON, Jayme SimmonsBryce Benhart, Michael Lynn, Danielson Ike, Chris Okporoghene, Grant Treiber, Enokk Vimahi
OG/C - 2 - JUCO DESMOND BLANDWilliam Putnam

NT - 1-2 - JUCO Tony Fair
DE - 2 - ETHAN PIPERTy Robinson, Mosai Newsom, Stephon Wright
LB - 3-4 - GARRETT SNODGRASS, GARRETT NELSON, JACKSON HANNAH, Nick Henrich, Makobe Dean, Spencer Lytle, Ge'mon Eaford, Maninoa Tufono, Peni Naulu, Zach Marcheselli, Daniel Heimuli, Kevon Glenn, David Gbenda
CB - 2 - Javin Wright, Isaiah Essissima, Tiawan Mullen
S - 2 - Quinton Newsome, Brendan Gant

ATH - Kenny Logan

Glad you are using the board. However, I asked why would you assume Putnam is at the top of Nebraska's board, not Huskerboard's board? Obviously, as fans, we look at stars and rankings more than the coaches, who do their own evaluations. So, to say "look at those stars" means little as it pertains to a true argument to convince me that Nebraska is interested. Second, my post is not to dog you specifically, but to ask the question, "where is the evidence that Nebraska under Frost is interested in Putnam"? Your post prompted me to look for any news that Nebraska is making in roads with Putnam, I can not find anything. Maybe there are reports offered by recruiting services with a paywall (which I do not subscribe to), but beyond that, there is nothing to validate your comment.

Thanks for the last two posts.  Appreciate your input.  I use Huskerboard as my fan site and it's where I get all my info ... so yes, I assumed that Putnam is the next guy on our board ... both Huskerboard and Frost's.  I'll move forward with a deeper understanding of your point Tom.  

Looks like Murphinator info might be even more solid then I had thought and I should take it that with no action he is actually off the list.

And FYI, I will always be a star gazer on 247: #133 Overall; #5 OG; :star:star:star:star until another prospect gets put up on the board and his film is lights out.  Until then, I don't have any problem looking at 247, Rivals and ESPN ... if they each have this guy in the Top 150 and Top 5 at his position ... I think it's fair to say that he is a good player.  He is wanted by the top programs around the country.

• Mavric changed the title to OG William Putnam [Clemson - Signed LOI]