2017 B1G Tournament

Mavric

Morrow, Watson, and Roby are the only 4* recruits in the past 15 years. So I would say for Nebraska standards he recruits well. At the end of the day they have to translate into wins though. Being below .500 isn't acceptable at this point.

So if he's got the most talent in 15 years and gets the worst results, what does that mean?

it means that the first chunk of years was in a worse conference and the talent is currently young and not playing as a unit.

The last part of your post would fall on coaching then, no??? That is what Mav, myself and others are alluding to when so many throw out the "talent" card

Completely agree that the last part is mostly coaching - however it is not the only factor of why we are where we are. I have my doubts if Miles will ever be a solid on court coach - same time he has done some solid recruiting that makes me think if he can combine the two we would see the best NU BB product ever (not saying a lot since we are looking for NCAA tourney win #1 - pretty low bar). The fans, facility and talent are there he needs to show quickly that he knows how to be successful.

The BIG is NOT horrible this year. We are one of the top leagues like we are every year (typically we are 1st or 2nd). It is a down year for the BIG because we are missing 2 or 3 teams in the top 10 as we have had in the past. Nebraska is not even close to a top 10 team - so who cares if the big10 doesn't have 3 teams that high because we are going to lose equally to the 10th team in the country as we would the 25-30 team in the country. Now looking at our record against teams from 30-60 in the country would be a good standard and the BIG is not HORRIBLE when it comes to teams in the 20-60 range.

First of all I would argue the BIG was never consistently first or second it was always the old big east(Cuse,Louisville,Pitt,Georgetown,West v,etc) and the ACC battling it out for the top two spots in the recent twenty years, yes u can argue that the BIG won the ACC BIG challenge many times in recent years but that was before they added 3 top programs, not to mention ACC and big east have had more tourny success, and to me now the ACC is clearly on top. The BIG ten on the other hand has one countender this season(Purdue-great big men, average guards, will struggle when they play a team like ucla or Oregon that puts 85 up a game) but wiscy has really been fading and has beaten almost no one. The middle of the conference is average, but even teams like northwestern have nothing out of conference, and Michigan state had three chances against top ten teams early on couldn't get one, so my point is the BIG is incredibly down if u compare it to any other power conference(yes even SEC).

There is a lot of BS in that long paragraph, however the bold is silly. Everyone agrees that the Big10 is not top heavy - give us 1 contender. That suggest that we have 6 other teams that will make the dance. That alone is more than most conferences will get into the dance. Given that the only two conferences that will have equal or more teams then the Big10 are strong at the top - I would say that the "middle of our conference" is near the top of conferences out there and if not the strongest far from "average".

Really b cuz last I checked northwestern has one quality win seems pretty average, Michigan state has about 6 opportunities couldn't get one, Wisconsin has been slipping, Minnesota best win is Vanderbilt, this all seems pretty average to me if u compare it to the ACC other bubble teams like Syracuse have 3 top 10 wins, va tech and Miami combined 29-1 at home, wake forest has 4 top 15 wins that on the other hand not so average
Lot of made up facts here. Syracuse has 1 top 10 win according to RPI with some bad losses. Wake Forest has 1 top 10 win and not 3 with no others in top 25 and 3 sub 100 loses with 1 of those sub 200. Both those teams have more losses than BIG teams listed. Minnesota's best OOC win is vs Arkansas and best overall is @ Purdue. VT and Miami each have lost 2 at home and winning on road is looked more favorably for tournament.

You really should actually look up what you're saying because otherwise look dumb when wrong on every single point you made

Syracuse beat #6 Florida state, #9 Virginia, and #10 Duke and is 6-6 against RPI 50 and lower

I meant G Tech not V tech- my mistake

Vanderbilt is better than Arkansas, beat them by 15 or so at home and lost by one on the road

And they are not top 10 now for most of them. Using ranking of when played them is inaccurate. Maybe that day they were better but Arkansas still has a better record and will be a higher seed in tourney.

The BIG is NOT horrible this year. We are one of the top leagues like we are every year (typically we are 1st or 2nd). It is a down year for the BIG because we are missing 2 or 3 teams in the top 10 as we have had in the past. Nebraska is not even close to a top 10 team - so who cares if the big10 doesn't have 3 teams that high because we are going to lose equally to the 10th team in the country as we would the 25-30 team in the country. Now looking at our record against teams from 30-60 in the country would be a good standard and the BIG is not HORRIBLE when it comes to teams in the 20-60 range.

First of all I would argue the BIG was never consistently first or second it was always the old big east(Cuse,Louisville,Pitt,Georgetown,West v,etc) and the ACC battling it out for the top two spots in the recent twenty years, yes u can argue that the BIG won the ACC BIG challenge many times in recent years but that was before they added 3 top programs, not to mention ACC and big east have had more tourny success, and to me now the ACC is clearly on top. The BIG ten on the other hand has one countender this season(Purdue-great big men, average guards, will struggle when they play a team like ucla or Oregon that puts 85 up a game) but wiscy has really been fading and has beaten almost no one. The middle of the conference is average, but even teams like northwestern have nothing out of conference, and Michigan state had three chances against top ten teams early on couldn't get one, so my point is the BIG is incredibly down if u compare it to any other power conference(yes even SEC).

There is a lot of BS in that long paragraph, however the bold is silly. Everyone agrees that the Big10 is not top heavy - give us 1 contender. That suggest that we have 6 other teams that will make the dance. That alone is more than most conferences will get into the dance. Given that the only two conferences that will have equal or more teams then the Big10 are strong at the top - I would say that the "middle of our conference" is near the top of conferences out there and if not the strongest far from "average".

Really b cuz last I checked northwestern has one quality win seems pretty average, Michigan state has about 6 opportunities couldn't get one, Wisconsin has been slipping, Minnesota best win is Vanderbilt, this all seems pretty average to me if u compare it to the ACC other bubble teams like Syracuse have 3 top 10 wins, va tech and Miami combined 29-1 at home, wake forest has 4 top 15 wins that on the other hand not so average
Lot of made up facts here. Syracuse has 1 top 10 win according to RPI with some bad losses. Wake Forest has 1 top 10 win and not 3 with no others in top 25 and 3 sub 100 loses with 1 of those sub 200. Both those teams have more losses than BIG teams listed. Minnesota's best OOC win is vs Arkansas and best overall is @ Purdue. VT and Miami each have lost 2 at home and winning on road is looked more favorably for tournament.

You really should actually look up what you're saying because otherwise look dumb when wrong on every single point you made

Syracuse beat #6 Florida state, #9 Virginia, and #10 Duke and is 6-6 against RPI 50 and lower

I meant G Tech not V tech- my mistake

Vanderbilt is better than Arkansas, beat them by 15 or so at home and lost by one on the road

And they are not top 10 now for most of them. Using ranking of when played them is inaccurate. Maybe that day they were better but Arkansas still has a better record and will be a higher seed in tourney.
Part of the reason hey are not top ten now is b cuz Syracuse beat them......if they don't beat them they don't drop.

U cannot say a team is better when they have less losses especially when comparing a ACC team to a BIG team.....This years ACC conference is said to be the best conference ever

That is an awesome quote - let me guess the author was you????

Nope ESPN actually, there was an article on it a couple weeks ago, if u think it is not give me a better one

2011 Big East with eleven bids and the champ, 2009 Big East with three #1 seeds, B1G in 2011 with seven bids all Top 50 RPI, 2004 ACC six bids with five being #4 seeds or better. And before 2000 numerous years all of these conferences and the others were better, think Big East with Iverson, Ray Allen Kerry Kittles, should so many more stud players.

So what if the bottom beats the top here and there, hell NEBRASKA WON AT MARYLAND, March will show how good the league is. And Wake and Cuse are still so much on the bubble.

Cuse is most likely(89%by kenpom) and we have seen what they can do in the tourny....not to mention some of those big east teams were in the ACC now... the ACC this year wil most likely have 4-5 teams above a 4 seed. Could have most likely 10 teams in and 11 if g tech or Clemson makes a run.The ACC also has 8 teams currently RPI 50 or better!

Not sure if U have watched there season they are a completely different team now then at the beginning of the season... they were probably the most inexperienced team starting lineup: 2 transfers, 2 freshaman, 1 sophomore, it took a while for this team to mesh compared to a team like Wisconsin who has regressed, I bet it would be a completely different result if they played now....

Not sure if U have watched there season they are a completely different team now then at the beginning of the season... they were probably the most inexperienced team starting lineup: 2 transfers, 2 freshaman, 1 sophomore, it took a while for this team to mesh compared to a team like Wisconsin who has regressed, I bet it would be a completely different result if they played now....

So going 10-8 since you put up a new calendar compared to 8-5 in Nov/Dec is completely different. Maybe different is playing good in the Dome and like ass on the road??? Nope been like that for years. They played Carolina and a once again Overrated Duke(at home) once. Louisville swept them and absolutely curb stomped Syracuse last weekend. Losing to Georgetown at home and getting SPANKED by St Johns at home and it ain't the same Big East anymore.

Syracuse = Iowa

So going 10-8 since you put up a new calendar compared to 8-5 in Nov/Dec is completely different. Maybe different is playing good in the Dome and like ass on the road??? Nope been like that for years. They played Carolina and a once again Overrated Duke(at home) once. Louisville swept them and absolutely curb stomped Syracuse last weekend. Losing to Georgetown at home and getting SPANKED by St Johns at home and it ain't the same Big East anymore.

Syracuse = Iowa

10-8 in the best conference....Iowa=no tourny, cuse=tourny and first game against Louisville was in OT. U never know with the cuse thoug they went to final four last year when no one thought they should be in