(POLL) Should NU fire Miles?

Should NU Fire Miles  

101 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Mav thanks for the data!!!!

Very surprised about how close the numbers came - guess the discussion needs to swing a little. I would still say that the middle portion of the big10 is tougher then what NU faced with the big8 and big12 - which could provide a tougher avenue for wins, however minor at best.

This is a pretty great job of saying, "I was proven wrong so now I need to backpedal and move the goalposts."

If the B1G is tougher than the Big XII, so what? That's not an excuse for Miles. If the conference is tougher, then we need a better coach.

nominee for dumbest post of the year - Nice job!!!!

No it is stating I was wrong that the big10 RPI isn't considerably better than our past conferences RPI . I then stated that it isn't the entire story on predicting a teams W/L record - even thou a large portion. How is this moving goalpost?

Actually it is a fact because he has no control over how good the competition is - it would be an excuse if it was something that he had control over and failed upon.

Your logic is flawed in the last statement - does that mean the other option is for us to move to a weaker conference???

Agree we are no longer in big 8 or big12 - we have a new arena that is full of fans that want to cheer and have a reason to cheer. It is time for Miles to take the talent that he has brought in and WIN.

Doc Sadler was not recruiting well and had zero trajectory - Miles is recruiting well and needs to show quickly that he has trajectory otherwise he will be shown the door as DS was - lets hope it is evident within the first handful of games that Miles has gotten over the hump.

Agree we are no longer in big 8 or big12 - we have a new arena that is full of fans that want to cheer and have a reason to cheer. It is time for Miles to take the talent that he has brought in and WIN.

Doc Sadler was not recruiting well and had zero trajectory - Miles is recruiting well and needs to show quickly that he has trajectory otherwise he will be shown the door as DS was - lets hope it is evident within the first handful of games that Miles has gotten over the hump.

I mean ... it can't be both ways. You can't say he's recruiting well then turn around and dismiss the players leaving as not being very good. Either they are a bigger loss than people want to say or the recruiting wasn't as good as people like to claim.

BTW, that's a general "you", not you specifically GBR.

Miles is not going to get better at coaching...he is the coach that he is. He has been a HC for like 15 years. So he has to get better talent...which he has done at NU...and still failed...soooooooooo

I would argue that if Miles can get some semblance of an offense ran, that in and of itself would be improving. Add in a better three point defense and I would also consider that improvement too for both the players and coaches. We lost a couple close games this year that if we had been a better scoring team or not let a team reign threes on us like an NBA All star game we could have won. Improvement on the little things is also key to being successful. We shall see if anything changes, because if it doesn't expect similar results to these last few years.

Miles is not going to get better at coaching...he is the coach that he is. He has been a HC for like 15 years. So he has to get better talent...which he has done at NU...and still failed...soooooooooo

I would argue that if Miles can get some semblance of an offense ran, that in and of itself would be improving. Add in a better three point defense and I would also consider that improvement too for both the players and coaches. We lost a couple close games this year that if we had been a better scoring team or not let a team reign threes on us like an NBA All star game we could have won. Improvement on the little things is also key to being successful. We shall see if anything changes, because if it doesn't expect similar results to these last few years.

I have not paid close enough attention to know for sure. But I have to think that a decent part of our poor three point shooting defense is our lack of post players forcing us to help more and leave shooters more open. That may be incrementally better if our two new post players turn out to be solid contributors. But Miles being unwilling or unable to recruit sufficient post players is really starting to bite him in the butt.

The problem last couple of years with the post help defense is that there were many unnecessary doubles and/or the guy that doubled seemed to be guarding the opponents best shooter leaving all alone. Dumbfounding the amount of times the few years how guys left the best 3 point shooter for unneeded double.

I mean ... it can't be both ways. You can't say he's recruiting well then turn around and dismiss the players leaving as not being very good. Either they are a bigger loss than people want to say or the recruiting wasn't as good as people like to claim.

BTW, that's a general "you", not you specifically GBR.

Totally agree the talent thing can't be used both ways - and it has been done. In most cases, TM has done a good job replacing the guys that have left - with similar talent. Two ways to look at the process thou (1) it slows down the progress of getting these guys ready to go which has been a big negative (2) hopefully we are replacing guys that weren't into the team with guys that will be (time will tell)