(POLL) Should NU fire Miles?

Should NU Fire Miles  

101 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I just don't get it.

Things were going so well at certain points in the season, hell, even at certain points of games and even the majority of games. Now these past few games happen and I'm stumped. Ugh, basketball can be a cold mother.

Not sure where I stand. I know this is frustrating for me, I can't even pretend to know how frustrating it is for the staff and players.

A lot of people have moved over to the fire Tim miles side, which is understandable.

If we fire him, who do we go after and if we do fire him who transfers?

Some coaches we may hire are:

Mark Gottfired, Best coach we could hire that is out on the market right now. Currently unemployed due to high expectations at NC State. He has some midwest ties and tons of east coast ties as well. Coached at Ucla also as an assistant so he has some west coast ties to add to the many ties he has in recruiting. Probably the big hire many want, not an up and comer from the mid major and has made 2 sweet sixteens and an elite eight. Wonder if he could rebuild Nebraska?

Fred Hoiberg- pipe dream at best, not getting fired if they make the playoffs so hes not going anywhere just yet.

Dana Altman- Another pipe dream has some Nebby ties but has a legit national power at Oregon. He won't leave Oregon unless we give him big money and if we do Oregon will just match it so not much of a chance with that.

Archie Miller- Really big coach on the market, the best mid major coach out there currently. Tim beat Archie, but Dayton did not have three of their top scores against us. Archie miller would have this nebraska team dancing if he was our coach. Long shot at best here.

John Thompson 3- If he gets fired, not sure we would hire him but might be intriguing to see what GU does with him.

Craig Smith- Leading his team to the NCAA tournament and may be heavily responsible for Nebraska's NCAA tourney run. We hire their WBB coach last season and now we might be going after their MBB coach too.

• Fire 1

That crafty Ginger. He's holding onto Miles long enough for Smith to get some experience so he can hire him back.

Playing the long game, he is.

Would not doubt it. What would be funny is if Craig hired Miles as an assistant. Definitely unlikely, but I would say most of our staff would stay the same under Craig with a few changes here and there.

That crafty Ginger. He's holding onto Miles long enough for Smith to get some experience so he can hire him back.

Playing the long game, he is.

Would not doubt it. What would be funny is if Craig hired Miles as an assistant. Definitely unlikely, but I would say most of our staff would stay the same under Craig with a few changes here and there.

Not likely with the assistants in the Smith scenario. He left before most were brought on. And if the "defensive wizard" is here next year if Miles is retained, than expect the status quo