(POLL) Should NU fire Miles?

Should NU Fire Miles  

101 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

That crafty Ginger. He's holding onto Miles long enough for Smith to get some experience so he can hire him back.

Playing the long game, he is.

Would not doubt it. What would be funny is if Craig hired Miles as an assistant. Definitely unlikely, but I would say most of our staff would stay the same under Craig with a few changes here and there.

Not likely with the assistants in the Smith scenario. He left before most were brought on. And if the "defensive wizard" is here next year if Miles is retained, than expect the status quo

Yea I was just kidding on the retaining miles part. Would not be surprised if he retained Hunter and Lewis tho.

This team is young and has had moments. NCAA Tourney next year or you show Miles the door.

Not saying Miles is the guy but I want to give him a chance with next years team.

Gotta go with this as well. One more year to give him credit for the major upswing in recruiting (results on the court be damned) and see what happens. No NCAA tourney and it's time to look at someone different because maybe Miles could do it eventually but it wouldn't be consistent.

Where is all this talent you speak of? Just because they had some stars and were ranked in the top 150? Look I'm sorry but most teams clearly have better players then we do, it shows in our record. Or team is not young anymore they have played through two full schedules, that excuse is tired. The guys we have are just not that good, we can't even hold on to the ball while dribbling.

This team is young and has had moments. NCAA Tourney next year or you show Miles the door.

Not saying Miles is the guy but I want to give him a chance with next years team.

Gotta go with this as well. One more year to give him credit for the major upswing in recruiting (results on the court be damned) and see what happens. No NCAA tourney and it's time to look at someone different because maybe Miles could do it eventually but it wouldn't be consistent.

Where is all this talent you speak of? Just because they had some stars and were ranked in the top 150? Look I'm sorry but most teams clearly have better players then we do, it shows in our record. Or team is not young anymore they have played through two full schedules, that excuse is tired. The guys we have are just not that good, we can't even hold on to the ball while dribbling.

I've been saying this since all the "most talent ever" comments started popping up about a year ago:

If Miles has a losing record with the "most talent ever", what does that say?

• Fire 1

I've been saying this since all the "most talent ever" comments started popping up about a year ago:

If Miles has a losing record with the "most talent ever", what does that say?

Agreed!

A few weeks ago, I was leaning towards bringing him back. But, it seems like the team has quit on him the past few games, so I don't think it would be any better next year.

Yeah, it definitely feels like since the Media started blowing up this "Fire Miles Stuff" the team has quit on him. Which tells me, they are either really flustered by it, or wouldn't mind it if he was gone.

I truly don't know what to think. I love the guy. He's a great personality for our program on a National Stage. I just don't know if he can get us to that National Stage.

• Fire 1

That crafty Ginger. He's holding onto Miles long enough for Smith to get some experience so he can hire him back.

Would not doubt it. What would be funny is if Craig hired Miles as an assistant. Definitely unlikely, but I would say most of our staff would stay the same under Craig with a few changes here and there.

If we fire Miles to hire Craig, aren't we essentially hiring the same thing that Miles was when we hired him?

I don't think so on Smith --

If we make a change, we need a head coach who has been to more than one NCAA tournament - we've done the mid-level guys / 1 tournament and that hasn't worked (Collier, Sadler, Miles, Smith (would have none as a head coach -- barring conf. tournament)

I think Mark Gottfried who was just let go at NC State - 4 NCAA appearances in 6 six years - two sweet sixteens - that is right at the level we'd love to be at

If we fire Miles to hire Craig, aren't we essentially hiring the same thing that Miles was when we hired him?

Not really. One knows offense and the other has a front row seat at Pinnacle

If we make a change, we need a head coach who has been to more than one NCAA tournament - we've done the mid-level guys / 1 tournament and that hasn't worked (Collier, Sadler, Miles, Smith (would have none as a head coach -- barring conf. tournament)

I think Mark Gottfried who was just let go at NC State - 4 NCAA appearances in 6 six years - two sweet sixteens - that is right at the level we'd love to be at

Gottfried would be an epic homerun hire for NU

Gottfried would be an epic homerun hire for NU

Agree completely, if Gottrfired wants the job that might also influence on whether we fire or keep miles. If he doesn't want it, keep Tim for an extra year and see what happens.