(POLL) Should NU fire Miles?

Should NU Fire Miles  

101 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't think so on Smith --

If we make a change, we need a head coach who has been to more than one NCAA tournament - we've done the mid-level guys / 1 tournament and that hasn't worked (Collier, Sadler, Miles, Smith (would have none as a head coach -- barring conf. tournament)

I think Mark Gottfried who was just let go at NC State - 4 NCAA appearances in 6 six years - two sweet sixteens - that is right at the level we'd love to be at

Gottfried would be an epic homerun hire for NU

Agree completely, if Gottrfired wants the job that might also influence on whether we fire or keep miles. If he doesn't want it, keep Tim for an extra year and see what happens.
4 years and he's like 20 games under 500 in league play. No excuse for that. None.

Yea definitely no excuses for poor conference play. Add in the fact no wins vs Michigan or Creighton at all since Miles came here. Mark G.would take this job if we pay up for him. Outside of him getting Craig Smith would be going right back where we are now, up and comers that hopefully pan out. Although Craig would do a better job here I don't think he would get us to the top of the conference, but he may get us that tourney win that we still need. Only mid major coach I want is Archie Miller. He would recruit well here and beat the upper teams and be competitive in big time games.

I hadn't thought about Gottfried; that would be a great get. I'm in favor of interviewing Smith, but I highly doubt we could pull Archie Miller away; he's in line for a top tier job should he want to leave Dayton.

And don't forget about Gottfried's daughter...

https://www.instagram.com/mlgott/

I don't understand the Craig Smith logic at all as a possible candidate. At best, he would have 1 NCAA tourney appearance as a head coach (if they make it this year). He has been on the staff with Miles and yet they never won a NCAA game at CSU or Nebraska. We've done the mid-major coaches with not a lot of experience.

If we are going to make a change, it needs to be a coach with some experience that coached in a Power 5 (or near Power 5). We may not be able to attract a Bill Self, but there are coaches with experience out there. Let's not make a change to set us up for the same thing.

I went to the game last night, the body language etc was horrid. This team has thrown in the towel and Miles has lost them

Fans were filing out with 12 to go in the game. Another thing that Miles has against him is the bad home record since year one at PBA. At least being competitive at home would be nice instead of getting continuously blown out by some decent competition. Hats off to Michigan for playing superb, but we gave them wide open jump shots most of the time. A well coached team does not miss those shots and they didn't miss them. Michigan had something to play for and it seemed like we were playing for our coach to get fired yesterday.

Would Craig even accept the job? Aren't he and Miles still really good friends?

Yes they are. After the USD-UNL game this year they even did a joint press conference. Never seen that before with opposing head coaches. Tim even made the crack during the press conference that Craig was interviewing for his job.

There goes that plan. Smith just lost in semi's. Should just be fired from USD...

Miles will here for at least another year, so get use to it. Pretty soon we will be like Missouri who fires coaches every 3 years. No coach in their right mind will coach at a place that does not allow to build as there is very little talent in the area.

Other than the fact he has been given 5 years and has won fewer games than Doc...fire him

• Fire 1

Miles will here for at least another year, so get use to it. Pretty soon we will be like Missouri who fires coaches every 3 years. No coach in their right mind will coach at a place that does not allow to build as there is very little talent in the area.

Other than the fact he has been given 5 years and has won fewer games than Doc...fire him

There has not been any NBA talent on this team for a long time. I have had season tickets and this is the best talent since Nee. And please Doc coached in the Big 12, which had a few good teams.

There has not been any NBA talent on this team for a long time. I have had season tickets and this is the best talent since Nee. And please Doc coached in the Big 12, which had a few good teams.

Bringing in talent hasn't been the issue for Miles. He just hasn't been able to develop it and consistently gets outcoached come game time. I think he relied quite heavily on Craig Smith.

The difference in talent between the B1G and Big 12 isn't much. The Big 12 has a higher RPI this year.

Bringing in talent hasn't been the issue for Miles. He just hasn't been able to develop it and consistently gets outcoached come game time. I think he relied quite heavily on Craig Smith.

The difference in talent between the B1G and Big 12 isn't much. The Big 12 has a higher RPI this year.

I will agree with this year, but when Doc was coaching there was only 3 good teams: Kansas, Texas & Oklahoma.