Miles Needs A Quarterback

I kind of wonder if this stems from the change we've seen in how things play out on the court. Early in the year, Watson was playing great. As I recall, he was THE point guard - running the show most of the time. Somewhere along the line, that switched and Webster became more of the primary ball handler. Watson has seemed kind of lost in the offense ever since.

It seems to work best when your point guard is your "quarterback." But if he seems to have been replaced or doesn't feel comfortable with what his role is, that would make it pretty hard for him to feel like he's in charge. Obviously the next choice would be Webster but I think Watson would be a better presence.

• Fire 1

I kind of wonder if this stems from the change we've seen in how things play out on the court. Early in the year, Watson was playing great. As I recall, he was THE point guard - running the show most of the time. Somewhere along the line, that switched and Webster became more of the primary ball handler. Watson has seemed kind of lost in the offense ever since.

It seems to work best when your point guard is your "quarterback." But if he seems to have been replaced or doesn't feel comfortable with what his role is, that would make it pretty hard for him to feel like he's in charge. Obviously the next choice would be Webster but I think Watson would be a better presence.

I really think the problem has been since then, that it doesn't matter who brings the ball up the court anymore. Sometimes it's Tai, Glynn, Taylor, hell I've seen Roby bring it up a couple times. I'm not sure if they are doing that to help in a transition or what. But if he needs a QB, then he should be demanding that 1 guy bring it up every single time unless it is an actual Fast Break.

I really think the problem has been since then, that it doesn't matter who brings the ball up the court anymore. Sometimes it's Tai, Glynn, Taylor, hell I've seen Roby bring it up a couple times. I'm not sure if they are doing that to help in a transition or what. But if he needs a QB, then he should be demanding that 1 guy bring it up every single time unless it is an actual Fast Break.

Early in the year was Tai, but when we got to league play he just turns the ball over too much.

This quote is nothing about running the point, but someone to step up and be a vocal leader on the court and in huddles. No one is stepping up holding guys accountable. A voice to challenge guys or reassure things are ok. This is not a new occurrence for teams that have mentally checked out though