A Positive Trump Thread - Trump & the Ice Rink

http://dailysignal.com/2017/03/01/how-this-iconic-skating-rink-tells-the-story-of-donald-trump/

I thought I'd interrupt the normal negativity in looking at Trump (mine included) and post this link to an interview Newt had regarding Trump, the Ice Rink, and how that might apply to today.

I wonder if anyone has anything else positive to say - perhaps after his speech Tuesday night? Does anyone have a different view point on him, his proposals? Did he become presidential in your view - which does not

mean you agree with his policies??

I may only hear crickets with this post, but I thought I'd say something positive for once.

Tuesday night was the 1st time I ever considered Trump presidential. It doesn't mean I didn't like his policies/proposals - there are many that I do like and some I don't and some wait and see. So I was hoping that some day

he would 'get it' and start acting presidential. However, after his speech I turned to my wife and said, Trump became president tonight (this was before all of the talking heads said something similar) now can he maintain it?

Can he hold back on twitter, name calling etc? :dunno

I was never a fan but I now hold out hope that he 'gets it'. While one speech an administration does not make, it can set the direction and IF there is follow through it can pave the way for getting things done.

• Fire 2

Well....recently he has stated:

a) Healthcare is extremely difficult. (Who knew?)

b) He is open to a fast track to citizenship for illegal immigrants.

c) He is still pushing a major investment in infrastructure.

Those are three things I can agree with him on.

As for remaining Presidential. That would take one huge dose of humility. It's possible that is in the process of happening....we will have to wait and see.

• Fire 1

I wonder if anyone has anything else positive to say - perhaps after his speech Tuesday night? Does anyone have a different view point on him, his proposals? Did he become presidential in your view - which does not

mean you agree with his policies??

Tuesday night was the 1st time I ever considered Trump presidential. It doesn't mean I didn't like his policies/proposals - there are many that I do like and some I don't and some wait and see. So I was hoping that some day

he would 'get it' and start acting presidential. However, after his speech I turned to my wife and said, Trump became president tonight (this was before all of the talking heads said something similar) now can he maintain it?

• Fire 3

I'm not optimistic that he's capable of doing that. He's pulled off brief spurts of acting somewhat presidential during the campaign only to regress back to his normal tendencies. He has already resumed his normal twitter behavior.

Yes, that is my concern as well - the long term focus. I see he and schumer have a tweet war going - so it appears my hope may be short lived. Too much about him is as BRB said above 'we'll have to wait and see'

He has had some brief moments, but presidential he is not. Even during his address to Congress he often reverted to his typical grandiose statements like "really big" or "huge". I had hoped up until recently that he might come around to acting more Presidential and maybe adjust some of his positions. I thought much of it during the campaign was continued only because it was working for him in the polls. I really no longer have any hope that he'll change.

He has a few policy ideas I like but until he quits acting like an entitled spoiled child, which I don't see happening, he's just another useless, albeit much more dangerous, politician in my book.

• Fire 5

Well with his latest tweets on Obama wiretapping him - he stopped being presidential. :facepalm: Even if it were true, you don't tweet about it. Common sense would clearly dictate otherwise. :facepalm::facepalm:

Don't forget classy tweets re: Arnold & The Apprentice.

It was fun while it briefly lasted, TGHusker.

fwiw...he will increase corporate values by a lot with him deregulating everything and slashing their taxes. how could a company not profit from less labor laws, less taxes, and fewer regulations to comply with?

of course there will be a price for america to pay for the larger corporate gains but the people won't mind

• Fire 2

Well with his latest tweets on Obama wiretapping him - he stopped being presidential. :facepalm: Even if it were true, you don't tweet about it. Common sense would clearly dictate otherwise. :facepalm::facepalm:

Don't forget classy tweets re: Arnold & The Apprentice.

It was fun while it briefly lasted, TGHusker.

Presidential Donald, we hardly knew ya.

Yes the Arnold tweets. What in the world is a President doing down at that level??

I'm somewhat close to (and I can't believe i"m going to say it) feeling sorry for him.

He obviously has some emotional and potentially mental issues and he is being taken advantage of. Whether its Bannon or others, it's starting to look like the long lost grandchild who finds their "grandpa" in the nursing home and offers to take over their banking and finances for them. Then they prop Gpa up at the dinner table every once and awhile to show others that "look he's ok, he's breathing, talking and everything" then locks them away from reality, controls what access they have to news and what people they can talk to and they clean house and take all the money.

Only this; this is worse.