• Announcements

• Mavric

The 2018 HuskerBoard Starting Lineup   01/17/2018

The 2018 HuskerBoard Starting Lineup is now live! Click HERE to read the rules, and look in the Contest Crib for nomination and voting threads throughout the next several weeks.   This is a great opportunity to say "thanks!" to your fellow HuskerBoard members for keeping you informed or entertained throughout the past year. Nominate your favorite HuskerBoard member today!
Mavric

DT Tyler Friday [Ohio State - Signed LOI]

HuskerBoard Predictor  

14 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. To which school will Friday commit?

Player: Tyler Friday
Hometown: Ramsey, New Jersey
School: Don Bosco Prep
Position: Defensive Tackle
Height: 6-3
Weight: 260
40 time:
Offers: Alabama, Boston College, Connecticut, Maryland, Michigan, Nebraska, North Carolina,Ohio State, Penn State, Pittsburgh, Rutgers, Syracuse, Tennessee, UCLA, Virginia Tech, West Virginia, Wisconsin
Visits:

Twitter

247 Composite: #39 Overall; #2 DT; .9741;  :star:star:star:star

Rivals: #38 Overall; #3 SDE; :star:star:star:star
247: #62 Overall; #8 DT; :star:star:star:star
ESPN: #102 Overall; #9 DT; :star:star:star:star

Hudl

Sorry man, we're full.

Sarcasm or no? Not sure how we could be okay with turning down a top 50 recruit.

Very serious. lol that's the funny part

Sorry man, we're full.

Sarcasm or no? Not sure how we could be okay with turning down a top 50 recruit.

I just don't understand the reasoning for us telling him or Avery no. We will have attrition, we always do. Plus to be honest we need linemen who will make an impact as I'm hesitant on everyone outside of the Davis boys.

Sorry man, we're full.

I just don't understand the reasoning for us telling him or Avery no. We will have attrition, we always do. Plus to be honest we need linemen who will make an impact as I'm hesitant on everyone outside of the Davis boys.

You, me, and the rest of us. But I guess we don't get paid for a reason.

Their class is stupid good.

Edited by Football Guy Bob

11 minutes ago, Football Guy Bob said:

They have the #1/3/4 high school DT's committed as well as the #1 juco DT.  The rich get richer.

Homer-rich.gif

Only way we beat these guys consistently is with player development and coaching.  Luckily, this staff might just be top 5 in both.

25 minutes ago, Football Guy Bob said:

There average recruit (.9427) is greater than our highest ranked recruit (.9383).

20 minutes ago, The Murphinator said:

How many more spots does Ohio State have?

They are currently at 86 scholarships

2 minutes ago, Red Five said:

There average recruit (.9427) is greater than our highest ranked recruit (.9383).

They are currently at 86 scholarships

I guess with the draft deadline passed they can expect at least 1 player transferring out

For OSU there are usually 3 or so transfers/medical hardships between spring and fall camp. I am thinking a QB will transfer before fall camp. 

30 minutes ago, runningblind said:

They have the #1/3/4 high school DT's committed as well as the #1 juco DT.  The rich get richer.

Only way we beat these guys consistently is with player development and coaching.  Luckily, this staff might just be top 5 in both.

Iowa beat OSU with kirk ferentz as the head coach proving you don't need to be a top 5 coach to beat OSU. 

The #1 JUCO DT, Jackson, originally verbally committed to OSU out of HS but switched to Auburn at the last minute. He quickly found out that he didn't like it there and started the process back to Columbus. Larry Johnson can coach, recruit, and develop. Too bad he isn't 20 years younger. 

Just now, jaws said:

Iowa beat OSU with kirk ferentz as the head coach proving you don't need to be a top 5 coach to beat OSU. 

I hear ya, but I made it a point to say beat OSU consistently,  not just once in a decade.  We still strive to be better than Iowa. :B)

20 minutes ago, runningblind said:

I hear ya, but I made it a point to say beat OSU consistently,  not just once in a decade.  We still strive to be better than Iowa. :B)

I don't know, the last few years tell a different story. :)

31 minutes ago, jaws said:

I don't know, the last few years tell a different story. :)

Haha.  The last AD and coach do not represent our will to be good in football.  I ask they be removed from the official record.

10 minutes ago, runningblind said:

Haha.  The last AD and coach do not represent our will to be good in football.  I ask they be removed from the official record.

So let it be written. So let it be done.

3 hours ago, jaws said:

For OSU there are usually 3 or so transfers/medical hardships between spring and fall camp. I am thinking a QB will transfer before fall camp. 

Unless I understand it wrong that doesn't allow them to go over 88. It's as of NSD.

4 hours ago, Warrior10 said:

Unless I understand it wrong that doesn't allow them to go over 88. It's as of NSD.

I am talking about were they will need to be at for fall camp to get to 85 scholarships. 

1 hour ago, jaws said:

I am talking about were they will need to be at for fall camp to get to 85 scholarships. 

Ah, my bad.