Spring Practice - Cornerbacks

Eric Lee is a much better corner than Lamar. It just makes more sense in recruiting and for the emphasis in CA to play him. It does not look good for Lamar to sit so the staff is forcing his development. If the light does come on for Lamar then the potential is through the roof.

I can understand that I suppose, but hopefully he turns the light on soon because if not Lee should be on the field imo. I really like what he brings

If you watch Coach William's interview after the Kalu switch, everything in there is all you need to know about the CB situation. You can sense his tentativeness to assert Lamar in a definitive role. Lamar has everything you could ever ask for physically but it will take him some time. Good thing we have a few more months. I expect tremendous growth from both Eric and Lamar during that time.

I'm sure it's a fine line between seeing potential in someone who you think/hope can put it together given the chance and playing someone who is currently the better player but may not have as high of a ceiling.

That really seems like what was going on with Ozigbo last year. For whatever reason the coaches really seemed to like him and he got a lot more work early in the year even though Newby was much more productive. Now Ozigbo is third strong so obviously that didn't work out.

The difference in this situation is Jackson had barely played corner until about nine months ago. That's a pretty big gamble at a position that even a slight mistake might give up a touchdown. He obviously wasn't ready last year but he still got put out there. And moving Kalu to safety really smelled of just trying to clear the way for Jackson. It would be great if Jackson can put it together. But he's obviously not there yet. It'll be interesting to see how much leash he gets.

I can understand that I suppose, but hopefully he turns the light on soon because if not Lee should be on the field imo. I really like what he brings

If you watch Coach William's interview after the Kalu switch, everything in there is all you need to know about the CB situation. You can sense his tentativeness to assert Lamar in a definitive role. Lamar has everything you could ever ask for physically but it will take him some time. Good thing we have a few more months. I expect tremendous growth from both Eric and Lamar during that time.

Hope Lee can turn it up here this year. Somewhat forgotten since it was a few recruiting cycles ago but he was rated just barely below Lamar and higher than Blades who we are all high on. Came in with immense expectations I felt like but has been kind of forgotten.

Hope Lee can turn it up here this year. Somewhat forgotten since it was a few recruiting cycles ago but he was rated just barely below Lamar and higher than Blades who we are all high on. Came in with immense expectations I felt like but has been kind of forgotten.

Had to take a look back through our past recruiting classes to remember who, but Lee came as in with a lot of hype with Avery Anderson. Very dynamic duo in the defensive backfield in that class. Would love to see more from either of them.

Gosh, looking back through that stuff makes me feel old. Don't have as much time to follow crootin' as I used to. Didn't even recognize some of the kids in the true frosh class as I looked through.