Spring Practice - Defensive Line

That's exciting to hear. That's a big frame to go along with a strong talent set too. Hope we can utilize it well

What do you guys think?

I'm thinking that if we are running a 3-4 when we land Neal, we don't put on all that weight and he is an OLB. Now it's a little too late. I think he has put on about 40 lb's. Too big to play OLB.

That's exciting to hear. That's a big frame to go along with a strong talent set too. Hope we can utilize it well

What do you guys think?

I'm thinking that if we are running a 3-4 when we land Neal, we don't put on all that weight and he is an OLB. Now it's a little too late. I think he has put on about 40 lb's. Too big to play OLB.

Kind of doubt it. 6-7 is pretty tall for an OLB.

• Fire 1

What do you guys think?

From what i have heard he could have played NT last year. Heard he was enjoying college life as a freshman and redshirt and was way more than 270. So thinking he was ever gonna be an olb was out the window a long time ago. Also, i never saw him being an olb. Frame and movement never lined up for that. But he could be a stud 3-4 end. And from what ive heard about him deciding to buckle down over winter and getting his body right was true.
  • Fire 1

For those of you still wondering, this is what a Bob Diaco defense looks like.

33 sacks for Bob Diaco's front seven during the 2012 Season. I can imagine something similar that the Davis trio and company will be looking to emulate.

There was a comment made by a media guy about the defensive line not pass rushing in this defense, but it seems like there's actually quite a bit of slanting into gaps to rush the QB in that video.

For those of you still wondering, this is what a Bob Diaco defense looks like.

33 sacks for Bob Diaco's front seven during the 2012 Season. I can imagine something similar that the Davis trio and company will be looking to emulate.

I remember Tuitt and Nix controlling a lot of plays at the LOS that year. Hopefully C. Davis and and Freedom can duplicate their play

Tuitt (de), Nix (ng) - both went in the 2nd rd of nfl draft

Tuitt 6'6 300 lbs

Nix 6'2 340 lbs