I would really like to talk to Republicans about the EPA

All regulations hamper businesses, but they do so in order to protect the public. There are some that are probably stupid but I'm assuming most should be there.

The reason regulations have to exist is because there are too many businesses that can't be trusted not to harm the general public. These businesses have no regard for anything except $. People have died because of companies who only saw profits and nothing else. $ is not more important than keeping people safe.

I concur. This notion that too many Republicans have, that the "free market" will police corporations to ensure they do the right thing is absolutely a ludicrous sham.

Businesses will ALWAYS put their profits ahead of protecting the environment, their employees safety, and general civic responsibility.

It's bizarre. It's almost as if Republicans don't think that poisoning the air or water will affect them in any way.

The free market can and does regulates business. For example, a new restaurant opens, the food is terrible, restaurant closes from lack of sales. Thats the free market.

The market won't respond as quickly as govt intervention ,because of the govt has regulative coercion ,but its does none the less. The problem with regulation is that it can be used for political/monetary gain http://reason.com/reasontv/2017/02/08/airbnb-vs-the-world-the-battle-for-the-r

Yes, some businesses do put profit over people but not all.

The EPA is not the innocent do-gooder it gets made out to be. There is a moderation of policy that needs to take place, I think we can agree on that.

I'm trying to figure out if I agree with you.

I'm very pro business. I believe one of the main jobs of the government is to provide an environment where business can thrive....not through no regulation....but by reasonable regulation that is stable. Industry thrives on the known. If they know the rules, they can work within those rules.....as long as the rules are reasonable.

I left the Republican party partly because I found more and more Republicans that have the attitude that all regulations are bad. I would hear people say..."Take away all the regulations and let the free market run". Sorry, even though I'm pro business, that's a load of BS. That is how we ended up with both the great depression and 2008. That's how we ended up with rivers on fire and cities where you couldn't breath.

The EPA is, in some instances, out of control. BUT....I get pissed off when Republicans claim the EPA needs to be completely dismantled. Fine....then what are you going to put in place?

I hope we agree. But, I'm feeling we don't.

• Fire 3

All regulations hamper businesses, but they do so in order to protect the public. There are some that are probably stupid but I'm assuming most should be there.

The reason regulations have to exist is because there are too many businesses that can't be trusted not to harm the general public. These businesses have no regard for anything except $. People have died because of companies who only saw profits and nothing else. $ is not more important than keeping people safe.

I concur. This notion that too many Republicans have, that the "free market" will police corporations to ensure they do the right thing is absolutely a ludicrous sham.

Businesses will ALWAYS put their profits ahead of protecting the environment, their employees safety, and general civic responsibility.

It's bizarre. It's almost as if Republicans don't think that poisoning the air or water will affect them in any way.

The free market can and does regulates business. For example, a new restaurant opens, the food is terrible, restaurant closes from lack of sales. Thats the free market.

The market won't respond as quickly as govt intervention ,because of the govt has regulative coercion ,but its does none the less. The problem with regulation is that it can be used for political/monetary gain http://reason.com/reasontv/2017/02/08/airbnb-vs-the-world-the-battle-for-the-r

The EPA is not the innocent do-gooder it gets made out to be. There is a moderation of policy that needs to take place, I think we can agree on that.

I'm very pro business. I believe one of the main jobs of the government is to provide an environment where business can thrive....not through no regulation....but by reasonable regulation that is stable. Industry thrives on the known. If they know the rules, they can work within those rules.....as long as the rules are reasonable.

I left the Republican party partly because I found more and more Republicans that have the attitude that all regulations are bad. I would hear people say..."Take away all the regulations and let the free market run". Sorry, even though I'm pro business, that's a load of BS. That is how we ended up with both the great depression and 2008. That's how we ended up with rivers on fire and cities where you couldn't breath.

The EPA is, in some instances, out of control. BUT....I get pissed off when Republicans claim the EPA needs to be completely dismantled. Fine....then what are you going to put in place?

For the most part we do. I feel the govt's only job is to have as little reg's as needed and to promote fair trade.

For the most part we do. I feel the govt's only job is to have as little reg's as needed and to promote fair trade.

There are many times "fair trade" requires regulations.