2017-18 Roster

Any word on if Copeland can play first semester or does he have to wait till 2nd semester(B1G play?).

I have the nasty feeling that we might lose Morrow or Watson.

I think Horne might be sick of the Miles doghouse and could see him leaving. Rumor is Fuller might go grad-transfer route.

My guess is something like this:

Morrow/Jordy

Jacobson/Copeland

McVeigh/Roby

Gill/Palmer/Akentan

Watson/Taylor

Jacobson is a workhorse and Copeland will have to earn that spot.

the Wing/SF position is a huge question mark. McVeigh had his moments, but not overly excited about him being our main guy. Ideally Gill and Palmer can help there.

Taylor and Watson probably play side by side but need to have some depth at the PG spot.

I would love to add a TRUE PG. Lance Jeter comes to mind. A floor general who comes as a grad transfer or JUCO and takes Fullers spot.

Talent is there but we need to get over the mental issues.

• Fire 1

Any word on if Copeland can play first semester or does he have to wait till 2nd semester(B1G play?).

I have the nasty feeling that we might lose Morrow or Watson.

I think Horne might be sick of the Miles doghouse and could see him leaving. Rumor is Fuller might go grad-transfer route.

My guess is something like this:

Morrow/Jordy

Jacobson/Copeland

McVeigh/Roby

Gill/Palmer/Akentan

Watson/Taylor

Jacobson is a workhorse and Copeland will have to earn that spot.

the Wing/SF position is a huge question mark. McVeigh had his moments, but not overly excited about him being our main guy. Ideally Gill and Palmer can help there.

Taylor and Watson probably play side by side but need to have some depth at the PG spot.

I would love to add a TRUE PG. Lance Jeter comes to mind. A floor general who comes as a grad transfer or JUCO and takes Fullers spot.

Talent is there but we need to get over the mental issues.

Copeland made the All Big East Freshman team, he will start over Jacobson

I hope Jordy can make progress or Copeland turns out to be a good enough player where one of those guys can guard the opposing team's big man. Morrow would be more effective if he was guarding the 2nd biggest guy on the court, and if he was going up against that guy on offense.

Would that make him even more of a black hole on offense, though?

/s

I hope Jordy can make progress or Copeland turns out to be a good enough player where one of those guys can guard the opposing team's big man. Morrow would be more effective if he was guarding the 2nd biggest guy on the court, and if he was going up against that guy on offense.

Would that make him even more of a black hole on offense, though?

/s

I see what you did there. :P

• Fire 1

Jordy made some pretty impressive growth. We just need to get him to stay on the floor. Fouls really cut down potential minutes. He certainly found some quality post moves. Another off season of learning about the game should be huge for him. Excited about what he'll be down the road.

If he doesn't learn to eliminate some of those silly fouls though, hopefully Copeland can step in and provide a quality starter which will give some more depth with Jacobson coming off the bench. Hopefully having another big will potentially save some mileage on Morrow as well and keep him healthy.

Jordy made some pretty impressive growth. We just need to get him to stay on the floor. Fouls really cut down potential minutes. He certainly found some quality post moves. Another off season of learning about the game should be huge for him. Excited about what he'll be down the road.

If he doesn't learn to eliminate some of those silly fouls though, hopefully Copeland can step in and provide a quality starter which will give some more depth with Jacobson coming off the bench. Hopefully having another big will potentially save some mileage on Morrow as well and keep him healthy.

Jordy wasn't able to make much of a contribution in the rotation, until late in the season. He is still very raw, but you can't teach height (and size). I think a 4-man rotation with Morrow, Jordy, Jacobson, and Copeland is a good start for NU at the 2 "big" spots.