Spring Practice - Running Backs

Anyone else feel that if Mikale Wilbon does not make the two deep we should move him to wide receiver? He has really good speed so why waste it on the bench when you can utilize it in other ways. He does not need to be an every down receiver, but we should have some sweeps/ other packages where we could put him in the slot/ flat or out wide in certain situations.

Anyone else feel that if Mikale Wilbon does not make the two deep we should move him to wide receiver? He has really good speed so why waste it on the bench when you can utilize it in other ways. He does not need to be an every down receiver, but we should have some sweeps/ other packages where we could put him in the slot/ flat or out wide in certain situations.

I feel like I remember him not having the most sure hands out of the backfield when given the opportunity. I thought he had a few drops, but now I can't find anything to back that up so could be wrong. Sounds like a good idea from an athleticism point of view if he can prove he has the hands to do it.

If you are an able-bodied and talented #3 at RB, there is a solid chance you will spend a significant chunk of the season splitting carries as the #2 or even starting a game or two.

I would rather have effective depth at a position prone to injury than Marcus Mendoza 2.0.

• Fire 3

“Tre is looking good, he’s put on good weight,” Davis said. “Devine has leaned down. He’s looking pretty good. We gave the strength and conditioning staff target weights and body fat percentages we wanted them at and a lot of them hit or came real close.

“The running backs worked really hard in the offseason. I’m real proud of them.”

no

• Fire 3

If you are an able-bodied and talented #3 at RB, there is a solid chance you will spend a significant chunk of the season splitting carries as the #2 or even starting a game or two.

I would rather have effective depth at a position prone to injury than Marcus Mendoza 2.0.

I don't think he was ever given a fair chance. Marcus always seemed to open eyes after a few touches.

GBR!!!

None of our backs are 'great' (such as Phillips. Green, Rozier, Craig, Burkhead, Smith, Ameer, Jones', Childs, Brown, etal of yesteryear) but they are pretty good and each has some skills that can be quite useful in our new offense, providing they are blockers as well as carriers. If they are all around RBs, they will all do just fine and we will be quite potent in the offense if the passing game makes all the improvements we all are hoping for now. All those running plays by T. Armstrong can now be spread amongst the RBs so they reps will be there. They will get their chances to make some contributions and score TDs.

None of our backs are 'great' (such as Phillips. Green, Rozier, Craig, Burkhead, Smith, Ameer, Jones', Childs, Brown, etal of yesteryear) but they are pretty good and each has some skills that can be quite useful in our new offense, providing they are blockers as well as carriers. If they are all around RBs, they will all do just fine and we will be quite potent in the offense if the passing game makes all the improvements we all are hoping for now. All those running plays by T. Armstrong can now be spread amongst the RBs so they reps will be there. They will get their chances to make some contributions and score TDs.

Damon Benning is mad that you didn't mention him in your comment of NU I-backs of yesteryear.
  • Fire 2

Damon Benning is mad that you didn't mention him in your comment of NU I-backs of yesteryear.

60427721.jpg

^

BENNING

• Fire 1