Spring Practice - Running Backs

None of our backs are 'great' (such as Phillips. Green, Rozier, Craig, Burkhead, Smith, Ameer, Jones', Childs, Brown, etal of yesteryear) but they are pretty good and each has some skills that can be quite useful in our new offense, providing they are blockers as well as carriers. If they are all around RBs, they will all do just fine and we will be quite potent in the offense if the passing game makes all the improvements we all are hoping for now. All those running plays by T. Armstrong can now be spread amongst the RBs so they reps will be there. They will get their chances to make some contributions and score TDs.

Damon Benning is mad that you didn't mention him in your comment of NU I-backs of yesteryear.

I guess you can include him in that group if you want. The primary difference between this group and the current trio is the speed factor mostly. Even Roger Craig had 4.5 speed and rare leg strength (his knees were like battering rams when he ran and made him extra hard to tackle low along with great blocking and receiving skills. All all pro certainly.

Well, we don't have any stars @ RB, but Ozigbo and Bryant are solid. Not holding my breath over Wilbon. The Bellevue newby will redshirt.

I'm not sure they can afford to redshirt him. Ozigbo has missed time due to injury and no guarantees anyone can stay healthy at that position anyway. They'll need all of the bodies they can get at that position. Ozigbo, Bryant, Wilbon, and Bradley all have a massive opportunity in front of them to go out and earn the majority of the snaps. Hopefully one of them can make some big strides.

Well, we don't have any stars @ RB, but Ozigbo and Bryant are solid. Not holding my breath over Wilbon. The Bellevue newby will redshirt.

I'm not sure they can afford to redshirt him. Ozigbo has missed time due to injury and no guarantees anyone can stay healthy at that position anyway. They'll need all of the bodies they can get at that position. Ozigbo, Bryant, Wilbon, and Bradley all have a massive opportunity in front of them to go out and earn the majority of the snaps. Hopefully one of them can make some big strides.

One hopes that Zig is back up to snuff and Tre takes it to the next level and Wilbon remembers where the field is. But you could be right re Bradley, if he can hold onto the ball. None of them "scares" anybody, but if the OL can get it together, we should be alright.

Okie dokie Artichokie ;)

RB is about pure talent. It is the easiest position to learn and coach. Steps, aiming point, and feel the Dline and see the LB, after that it is use what God gave you. I think we have 3 serviceable backs but we dont have a guy that we can hang our hat on. Hoping Bryant can be that guy. Just disappointed with how well each new coach has recruited and has gone toe to toe with the big schools, that we have yet to make a splash with a big time RB. Especially, when you could definitely sell playing time. Brown had Ameer, Heard, and Green in 1 class. All 3 are NFL players.

• Fire 1

RB is about pure talent. It is the easiest position to learn and coach. Steps, aiming point, and feel the Dline and see the LB, after that it is use what God gave you. I think we have 3 serviceable backs but we dont have a guy that we can hang our hat on. Hoping Bryant can be that guy. Just disappointed with how well each new coach has recruited and has gone toe to toe with the big schools, that we have yet to make a splash with a big time RB. Especially, when you could definitely sell playing time. Brown had Ameer, Heard, and Green in 1 class. All 3 are NFL players.

Completely agree. They are decent, mid range backs. But Riley et al have been "dropping the ball" somewhat as to the recruiting of RBs. We're supposedly to be a running school.