Spring Practice - Running Backs

>> Running back Mikale Wilbon is making a move, according to running backs coach Reggie Davis.

“He’s been most focused that I’ve seen him,” Davis said. “He has the least amount of mental errors of anyone in our room.”

That’s good news to folks who have liked watching Wilbon run in practice.

“You see all the stuff you knew he had,” Davis said. “You’re seeing the quickness, you’re seeing the speed, you’re seeing his ability to even pick up guys in protection and block.”

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/practice-report-march-on-final-practice-before-spring-break-dbs/article_f800191e-0aa5-11e7-80f2-07aa554e2d6d.html

• Fire 2

Running back Mikale Wilbon is making a move in the three-back logjam, according to running backs coach Reggie Davis.

“He’s been really good — he’s most focused that I’ve seen him,” Davis said. “He has the least amount of mental errors of anyone in our room. His focus is on another level. That’s really, really good to see.”

“You see all the stuff you knew he had,” Davis said. “You’re seeing the quickness, you’re seeing the speed, you’re seeing his ability to even pick up guys in protection and block. He’s been doing a really good job in pass protection. You’re seeing all the aspects of the position.”

OWH

• Fire 1

SEEN: Mikale Wilbon getting the most overall snaps on the day with Devine Ozigbo a little slowed up.

HEARD: Running back Devine Ozigbo, to an NU staffer as his position group trotted onto the outdoor field at the Hawks Center: My backs just tight. Just tight.

OWH

Wilbon steps up into a larger role and all of the sudden this position has some depth. Long road to finding the leader yet.

I think it's Tre and Wilbon. Always been a Oz fan. Looking back the past 10 years, we have simply been spoiled with RB's. Roy, Rex, AA.......Hard to replace those guys.

I am also not a fan of RB by committee. Find your #1 and let him go to work. Week in and week out. Spell him to keep fresh and health, but not the crap we've seen the past 2 years with one guys plays a full game never to be seen again. RB might be more mismanaged than the OL IMHO.

I think it's Tre and Wilbon. Always been a Oz fan. Looking back the past 10 years, we have simply been spoiled with RB's. Roy, Rex, AA.......Hard to replace those guys.

I am also not a fan of RB by committee. Find your #1 and let him go to work. Week in and week out. Spell him to keep fresh and health, but not the crap we've seen the past 2 years with one guys plays a full game never to be seen again. RB might be more mismanaged than the OL IMHO.

I thought the RB rotation was weird and out of rhythm too, but only later did you find out Newby or Ozigbo was on the sideline with yet another tweaky injury. Wilbon might be a different story. Never heard he was injured, so just assumed he was in the doghouse.

I thought the RB rotation was weird and out of rhythm too, but only later did you find out Newby or Ozigbo was on the sideline with yet another tweaky injury. Wilbon might be a different story. Never heard he was injured, so just assumed he was in the doghouse.

If I remember right, it was said Wilbon had some drop off when it came to pass pro. I wouldn't be surprised if that was the main (or only) reason we didn't see him as much. Reggie Davis said something positive about his focus today as well that led me to believe it could have been an issue last season that may have kept him from the field. FWIW

Running back Mikale Wilbon is making a move in the three-back logjam, according to running backs coach Reggie Davis.

“He’s been really good — he’s most focused that I’ve seen him,” Davis said. “He has the least amount of mental errors of anyone in our room. His focus is on another level. That’s really, really good to see.”

“You see all the stuff you knew he had,” Davis said. “You’re seeing the quickness, you’re seeing the speed, you’re seeing his ability to even pick up guys in protection and block. He’s been doing a really good job in pass protection. You’re seeing all the aspects of the position.”

OWH

>> Running back Mikale Wilbon is making a move, according to running backs coach Reggie Davis.

“He’s been most focused that I’ve seen him,” Davis said. “He has the least amount of mental errors of anyone in our room.”

That’s good news to folks who have liked watching Wilbon run in practice.

“You see all the stuff you knew he had,” Davis said. “You’re seeing the quickness, you’re seeing the speed, you’re seeing his ability to even pick up guys in protection and block.”

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/practice-report-march-on-final-practice-before-spring-break-dbs/article_f800191e-0aa5-11e7-80f2-07aa554e2d6d.html

Benning saying right now that he thinks Wilbon is the best back.

I think he has it in him. He was a 4* recuit.

But recruiting rankings mean nothing once they're on campus and competing. If you agree with me just don't answer. :lol: