Insignificant gripes with media members who cover the Huskers

Most reporting such as what you're upset about is the reporter's guess. I'm surprised that's such a big revelation. They follow a program and they have some more access than we do. But, that doesn't mean they talk to Riley on a day to day basis to get the latest ramblings of who is doing what as far as depth charts.

The media has given their opinions that Lee has an edge going into spring based on experience. Not sure why that's so controversial. It's the off season. Langs then comes out and says they are neck and neck. Are you shocked that the OC would say that after the 3rd spring practice when he really wants both players to fight for the starting job?

The title of the thread this was put in is appropriate.

Well, I created the title, thread, and OP, so I guess "thanks". However, you are missing the point that I was making. I do not condemn sports journalists from having nor expressing their opinions and then clarifying the situation when they learn the details. What annoys me is how some do not own their incorrect speculations, flip their positions, and say how they are "not surprised" that it played out the way they did. Like we (the consumers of their reports) are supposed to have social amnesia.

So, after weeks of beating the Tanner Lee drum, I am cool with them saying "Turns out the QB race is closer than we thought" as oppose to "Like we have been saying this whole time, the QB competition will be hot and heavy this spring".

I said a month before he committed that there was no way we were going to get Lindsey. I'd read all the clippings and reports. That's simply how I saw it. If I were a reporter writing for a paper, that's what I would have said in the paper. As it turns out, I was wrong. Looking back though, I can see things that I was over looking and I would say now, I'm not surprised he is here.

If I were a reporter, you would expect me to have to now write an article apologizing for being wrong before? I wrote what my best guess is at the time. As time goes on, new information comes out and things change.

It's also possible that behind closed doors Langs told a few of these reporters that Lee has an edge. NOW.....in spring practice, Langs is really pushing the fact he sees them as equals to foster competition and not demoralize POB. As a reporter....I wouldn't be surprised about that.

My point is, your rant seems to be an over reaction to simple sports reporting and guessing in the off season on where things stand.

Now....your point about certain reports wanting to stir the pot.....I would agree.

Reporters don't have to write an apology for getting it wrong, especially if they were just speculating. However, it does not make sense to flip positions and to act like that is what you expected all along. The QB race, by the why, is just one of numerous examples that I can think of. This is routine, which is why it annoys me.

It sees like we are not seeing eye to eye here, which I am cool with. My grievances have been aired.

I think most fans don't like local or national sports media out of jealousy. Fans are jealous that these guys have a job the follows, writes, and talk about sports. Deep down, most of would think it's cool to have a job in sports. The fans think that since they are able to make message board posts and have opinions, they think are just as good as the reporters and columnists they read in the paper and watch on TV. Meanwhile, 99% of us would have no idea how to write a succinct game wrap-up like Sam McKewon does or be able to have interesting opinion editorials like Shatel or Chatelain do. People think that writing and talking about sports is easy, so they love to complain about the people who do it for a job.

I think most fans don't like local or national sports media out of jealousy. Fans are jealous that these guys have a job the follows, writes, and talk about sports. Deep down, most of would think it's cool to have a job in sports. The fans think that since they are able to make message board posts and have opinions, they think are just as good as the reporters and columnists they read in the paper and watch on TV. Meanwhile, 99% of us would have no idea how to write a succinct game wrap-up like Sam McKewon does or be able to have interesting opinion editorials like Shatel or Chatelain do. People think that writing and talking about sports is easy, so they love to complain about the people who do it for a job.

My ACT English score was 10 points lower than my next lowest score - so no I don't think I can write a sports column. The part of my job I hate the most is writing. Letters of recommendation are form letters where I type in the name of the kid. I like to think I'm not incompetent - just not motivated

People gripe at sports reporters the same way they gripe at QBs. It's not that they're jealous or think they could do better, they just know good QB play when they see it. Same with reporters/articles/hot takes.

• Fire 2