Will There be War wt N Korea next 4 years

Will there be a War with N. Korea?  

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

So what does that tell us on what Trump could become if the situation was right. It seems he learns more from and gives favor towards the dictators of the world and not our friends.  I fully expect Trump  to squash any Mueller report and well fire the guy if needed.    Since when did American democracy stop fighting for individual freedom to fighting for being able to invest in beach front property?  Reading the UN report on NK one sees that appealing to the leaders greed is a fairly inept negotiating attempt.  If we can't march into this summit demanding civil rights for the citizens of NK we have no business talking to the NK leaders.  The only way to successful change that immoral system is to remove it and not by supporting it wt condos on the beach.  Kim will just use the condos as forced labor of a different kind - serving the rich who come there to stay and enriching Kim and his ilk.

• Plus1 1
17 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

So what does that tell us on what Trump could become if the situation was right. It seems he learns more from and gives favor towards the dictators of the world and not our friends.  I fully expect Trump  to squash any Mueller report and well fire the guy if needed.    Since when did American democracy stop fighting for individual freedom to fighting for being able to invest in beach front property?  Reading the UN report on NK one sees that appealing to the leaders greed is a fairly inept negotiating attempt.  If we can't march into this summit demanding civil rights for the citizens of NK we have no business talking to the NK leaders.  The only way to successful change that immoral system is to remove it and not by supporting it wt condos on the beach.  Kim will just use the condos as forced labor of a different kind - serving the rich who come there to stay and enriching Kim and his ilk.

I'm speechless at this point in time.  I got nothin'.

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm speechless at this point in time.  I got nothin'.

Yes, I know. It is easy to get into the hoopla of hoping that things will turn out AOK - But when one looks deeper reality sets in.  We are floored by the total ineptness, deception potentially at play here.   My hope is that things work out and somehow this wasn't just a means of getting Trump into the history books.  But we can't be blind to other outcomes - some not very pretty.

• Plus1 1

I don't see a future where Kim or any other dictator is still in charge of North Korea and they open up their economy, or their borders, or however you want to say it. That would mean people see North Korea for what it really is. There's no way he will allow it, unless something about him really has changed and they get rid of the camps. But this happened 1 year ago:

170615120947-warmbier-coma-split-restric

Wonder how his parents feel about Trump basically saying Kim isn't all that bad because other people are bad too.

4 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I don't see a future where Kim or any other dictator is still in charge of North Korea and they open up their economy, or their borders, or however you want to say it. That would mean people see North Korea for what it really is. There's no way he will allow it, unless something about him really has changed and they get rid of the camps. But this happened 1 year ago:

170615120947-warmbier-coma-split-restric

Wonder how his parents feel about Trump basically saying Kim isn't all that bad because other people are bad too.

Got that right.  In the back of my mind - I wonder what kind of trap has been set to 'surprise' us or SK.  Call me negative but  as you said, if Kim opened up his country like Trump has advised, he would be seen as the criminal he is and he'd get arrested for crimes against humanity.  Other dictators have been tried for far less. 

• 2 weeks later...

5 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Sad thing is, Trump probably doesn't know because he won't pay attention to intelligence briefings and Fox and Friends probably aren't talking about it.

Even if he does know, what's he going to do, tweet about it?

If he brings attention to it but does nothing he looks impotent. The only realistic recourse I could see are things devolving back into Twitter wars again.

Oh boy, this presidency.