TGHusker

Will There be War wt N Korea next 4 years

Will there be a War with N. Korea?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Will there be a limited war wt N Korea during the next 4 years?

• No
    • Yes

TGHusker    1,335

http://www.oann.com/north-korea-warns-of-merciless-strikes-as-u-s-carrier-joins-south-korea-drills/

Sabers are rattling. N Korea warns of 'merciless' strikes upon S Korea and USA. -which kind of reminds me of 'mother of all battles' which didn't go so well for Saddam.

The US and S Korea are conducting military drills. China is playing Rodney King "can't we all just get along?" and has done little to put the fat boy leader in N Korea in his place.

So, my question is, do you think there will be war at least a limited armed conflict to take out Fat Boy and remove him from power. N Korea and Iran are working in tandem to

develop missile technology and have been for some time. While Trump has said he is against the countless wars, I think he may see N Korea as a very disruptive force in

Asia - the place where he wants to renegotiate trade agreements. His stated goal prior to the election was also to reduce our military expenditures in that region - expecting Japan

and S Korea, etc to do their fair share. Kind of hard to hand the reigns over to those countries with Fat Boy running loose.

My take - while I think a military move against N Korea may boarder on reckless, I may not be surprised to see it happen. I think a better method would be to work with China

to remove Kim and the whole govt around him and replace him with leaders who will feed their people to begin with and who will develop normal relationships with their neighbors

and the west. China holds the cards so if Trump is a great negotiator, he should be talking to China regarding this oozing fat pimple on the far east's butt.

BigRedBuster    8,064

If Fat Boy with Funny Hair does anything to antagonize or embarrass our thin skinned leader, there's a good chance something will happen that isn't good for anyone.

ZRod    2,852

This has been going on for decades. The only reason a war would break out is because Trump did something stupid or was offended as BRB said.

zoogs    6,367

The US and South Korea have for a long time conducted military drills.

Serious question, TG: do you *exclusively* read conservative advocacy outlets? Here's the first thing I found on OANN:

Secondly, in the tweet he cites a One America News Network “report,” but there are multiple problems with this. One America News (on which I have appeared multiple times) is a complete joke. It is a tiny network based in a very small office building off a highway outside of San Diego. It has literally no “news” department from which to generate any legitimate original reporting.

OANN, which just hired former Trump campaign manager Corey Lewandowski, is very clearly attempting to make a name for itself by being the most pro-Trump outlet in the land (which is about as difficult a task as being the most obvious sycophant at an Oscar winner’s post-ceremony party) and nothing they say about him should be taken at face value by anyone. But in this particular case, Trump citing them is even more bizarre and lacking in credibility than it normally would be.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/trumps-all-caps-oann-tweet-may-be-his-most-telling-yet-and-no-one-seems-to-care/

Not that I have a particular issue with the North Korea interest. I just like reading up about sources I haven't heard of before, and it feels like it's always one of these outlets. How do you manage to come across all of them?

TGHusker    1,335

The US and South Korea have for a long time conducted military drills.

Serious question, TG: do you *exclusively* read conservative advocacy outlets? Here's the first thing I found on OANN:

Secondly, in the tweet he cites a One America News Network “report,” but there are multiple problems with this. One America News (on which I have appeared multiple times) is a complete joke. It is a tiny network based in a very small office building off a highway outside of San Diego. It has literally no “news” department from which to generate any legitimate original reporting.

OANN, which just hired former Trump campaign manager Corey Lewandowski, is very clearly attempting to make a name for itself by being the most pro-Trump outlet in the land (which is about as difficult a task as being the most obvious sycophant at an Oscar winner’s post-ceremony party) and nothing they say about him should be taken at face value by anyone. But in this particular case, Trump citing them is even more bizarre and lacking in credibility than it normally would be.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/trumps-all-caps-oann-tweet-may-be-his-most-telling-yet-and-no-one-seems-to-care/

Not that I have a particular issue with the North Korea interest. I just like reading up about sources I haven't heard of before, and it feels like it's always one of these outlets. How do you manage to come across all of them?

Actually the first time I was on the website. I saw a similar article else where. But grabbed this one for reference. This site I followed from someone else's post on another website.

TGHusker    1,335

If Fat Boy with Funny Hair does anything to antagonize or embarrass our thin skinned leader, there's a good chance something will happen that isn't good for anyone.

Agreed - my concern as well

zoogs    6,367

Is it Facebook? Just asking out of curiosity here. I guess another common way for me to come across articles is on my phone, and Google eventually tunes its news stuff to what I read and what I tell it to stop showing (RT, etc).

TGHusker    1,335

No not facebook. On a another news sight a poster was stating he like this On America News Network site so I went there to see what it was about. This was the only article I read and since it was similar to one I read earlier I grabbed it for reference.

NUance    6,942

It would be incredibly stupid for us to go to war with North Korea. They are no threat to us. I don't care what's being said about their nuclear capabilities. They would never in a million years launch a missile towards us. They know that we would turn a half dozen of their cities into glass bowls within hours of any attempted strike on U.S. soil.

That said, it wouldn't surprise me to find out that some Americans want to go to war want to go to war with that backward little craphole country. If we did, it would cause severe problems between the U.S. and China. And we don't want that. /jmho

Comfortably Numb    5,061

Uh hold on a sec. Need some clarification before I continue. So....Fat boy with funny hair (in this context) is NOT Trump?

BigRedBuster    8,064

Uh hold on a sec. Need some clarification before I continue. So....Fat boy with funny hair (in this context) is NOT Trump?

No, Trump would be Orange Boy with Funny Hair.

War with North Korea? I highly doubt it.

North Korea is the nation state equivalent of the drunk guy at the bar who talks all the smack and wants to fight everyone. One day, he'll pop off to the wrong person and get knocked out. North Korea is no different.

TGHusker    1,335

http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20170317000859

All options are on the table per Tillerson:

With Washington taking a North Korea policy overhaul, US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson on Friday declared that the existing “strategic patience” approach is over, saying all options including military action are on the table.

At a joint news conference with Seoul’s Foreign Minister Yun Byung-se, Tillerson also urged China to cease its economic retaliation against South Korea over its plan to host a US missile shield here, calling it “unnecessary, inappropriate and troubling.”

“Efforts for North Korea to achieve a peaceful stability for the last two decades have failed to make us safe,” the secretary said. “Let me be very clear: the policy of strategic patience has ended. We are exploring a new range of diplomatic, security, economic measures. All options are on the table.”

His remarks represent the Donald Trump administration’s strongest signal yet that it would take a much tougher stance than its predecessors including Barack Obama’s “strategic patience” policy.

“Certainly we do not want for things to get to a military conflict, we’re quite clear on that in our communications, but obviously if North Korea takes actions that threaten the South Korean forces or our own forces, then that would be met with an appropriate response,” he said.

“If they elevate the threat of their weapons program to a level that we believe requires action, that option is on the table.”

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2017-03-17/tillerson-doesn-t-rule-out-preemptive-strike-against-north-korea

Red Five    3,591

No, Trump would be Orange Boy with Funny Hair.

Fat Orange Man with Funny Hair imo

Here's what I do not understand: why is Trump and his administration allowing themselves to be baited into confrontation with North Korea?

Surely Trump and his team understand that any pre-emptive military act we conduct on North Korea will more than likely get China involved, right?

Does Trump REALLY want to go to war with China, over some high school bulls*** drama started by North Korea?

Before you know it, we're going to be at war with isis, North Korea and China. Our allies: Great Britian, Canada, Australia, and all others will sit on the sidelines and Russia will sit back, watch, and laugh while an incompetent president plunges this nation into multiple wars that we won't be able to win.

This Trump administration is a f'ing joke.

TGHusker    1,335

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/united-nations-korea-thermonuclear-nuclear-war/2017/04/17/id/784792/

North Korea's deputy U.N. ambassador accused the United States on Monday of turning the Korean peninsula into "the world's biggest hotspot" and creating "a dangerous situation in which a thermonuclear war may break out at any moment."

Kim In Ryong told a news conference that "if the U.S. dares opt for a military action," North Korea "is ready to react to any mode of war desired by the U.S."

He said the Trump administration's deployment of the Carl Vinson nuclear carrier task group to waters off the Korean peninsula again "proves the U.S. reckless moves for invading the DPRK have reached a serious phase of its scenario."

http://www.newsmax.com/World/GlobalTalk/sen-spicer-donald-trump-north-korea-china/2017/04/17/id/784725/

The Chinese government could be doing much more politically and economically to push China into stopping its aggressive activities, including its missile testing, White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer said Monday.

But, President Donald Trump made inroads with Chinese President Xi Jinping during their meetings.

"They continue to have discussions. We will see a lot more of a unified response when it comes to North Korea," Spicer said during a Fox News "Fox and Friends" interview

North Korea attempted to launch a missile test Saturday evening, but the test failed, and Spicer said the attempt was "obviously" not a "helpful action by North Korea."

"We have continued to urge everyone in the region, especially China, to apply pressure to North Korea," Spicer said. It's in no one's interest to have a nuclear North Korea."

There has been some speculation that the United States sabotaged the North Korean missile launch, but Spicer refused comment about that, saying he was not going to get into any of those kind of details."

dudeguyy    3,488

The Chinese government could be doing much more politically and economically to push China into stopping its aggressive activities, including its missile testing, White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer said Monday.

In a regular world, this is probably just a typo.

Somehow, I feel like that's an actual Spicey quote.

TGHusker    1,335

In a regular world, this is probably just a typo.

Somehow, I feel like that's an actual Spicey quote.

good catch - My brain knew what it meant but I didn't catch it with my eyes. And unfortunately true, it could have been a Spciey quote

huKSer    1,371

SEOUL, South Korea -- North Korea on Sunday failed in a missile launch from its eastern coast, South Korea's Joint Chiefs of Staff said, but it wasn't immediately clear what kind of missile was fired.

The missile blew up almost immediately, U.S. Pacific Command said,according to The Washington Post.

U.S. spaceships might not engage in galactic combat in the near future, but the Navy is preparing to deploy a futuristic and powerful laser weapon on its ships within the next two years.

“We’re doing a lot more with lasers,” said Rear Adm. Ronald Boxall, director of the Surface Warfare Division, at the Surface Naval Association national symposium earlier this month.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2017/01/25/us-navy-to-go-full-star-trek-with-new-laser-weapons/#ixzz4eXmIba9d

dudeguyy    3,488

SEOUL, South Korea -- North Korea on Sunday failed in a missile launch from its eastern coast, South Korea's Joint Chiefs of Staff said, but it wasn't immediately clear what kind of missile was fired.

The missile blew up almost immediately, U.S. Pacific Command said,according to The Washington Post.

U.S. spaceships might not engage in galactic combat in the near future, but the Navy is preparing to deploy a futuristic and powerful laser weapon on its ships within the next two years.

“We’re doing a lot more with lasers,” said Rear Adm. Ronald Boxall, director of the Surface Warfare Division, at the Surface Naval Association national symposium earlier this month.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2017/01/25/us-navy-to-go-full-star-trek-with-new-laser-weapons/#ixzz4eXmIba9d

commando    1,626

the way things are going maybe we should change the title of the thread to the next 4 weeks instead of the next 4 years.

Lil' Red    308

There has been some speculation that the United States sabotaged the North Korean missile launch, but Spicer refused comment about that, saying he was not going to get into any of those kind of details."

I sincerely hope that Spicer isn't receiving intel on those kind of details.

mrandyk    526

If I voted again I'd switch to 'Yes'. Perhaps I was foolishly looking at the question and asking myself if we should go to war. North Korea is the same non-threat to us that they have been the past 10+ years, only one variable has changed.

These sumbitches are crazy. Watching this video reminds me of a cross between 1984 and the peak of Nazi propaganda films. It's just a simulation of NK obliterating a US city with nukes.....accompanied by a grand musical score and wildly cheered by all.

http://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2017/04/19/7612291036508239167/640x360_MP4_7612291036508239167.mp4

GSG    5,897

These sumbitches are crazy. Watching this video reminds me of a cross between 1984 and the peak of Nazi propaganda films. It's just a simulation of NK obliterating a US city with nukes.....accompanied by a grand musical score and wildly cheered by all.

http://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2017/04/19/7612291036508239167/640x360_MP4_7612291036508239167.mp4

Holy sh#t! That is some ridonkulousness

ZRod    2,852

To be fair, we made a movie about blowing up their leader and laughed...

GSG    5,897

Yeah, but we could technically do that if we really wanted to

Well yeah, like 3 of the 10 people that saw it may have laughed.

Problem is, in NK they don't understand the difference between a Hollywood film and reality. Everything they are exposed to is heavily produced fantasy.

It would be incredibly stupid for us to go to war with North Korea. They are no threat to us. I don't care what's being said about their nuclear capabilities. They would never in a million years launch a missile towards us. They know that we would turn a half dozen of their cities into glass bowls within hours of any attempted strike on U.S. soil.

That said, it wouldn't surprise me to find out that some Americans want to go to war want to go to war with that backward little craphole country. If we did, it would cause severe problems between the U.S. and China. And we don't want that. /jmho

I concur.

Well yeah, like 3 of the 10 people that saw it may have laughed.

Problem is, in NK they don't understand the difference between a Hollywood film and reality. Everything they are exposed to is heavily produced fantasy.

So they have quite a bit in common with Trump supporters.

:box

:LOLtartar

ZRod    2,852

If we went to war with North Korea, would China seriously back them? I think China needs our trade more than they need the Kims.

TGHusker    1,335

If we went to war with North Korea, would China seriously back them? I think China needs our trade more than they need the Kims.

agree - they badly need our trade. NK is becoming a thorn in their sides like Cuba eventually did for the old Soviet Union who could no longer afford them as their proxy in North America.

knapplc    19,300

This is all to stroke Donald's ego. Summoning the entire Senate for a blowhard like Kim Jong Un? He's giving the man exactly what he wants - attention and a semblance of legitimacy.

ZRod    2,852

This is all to stroke Donald's ego. Summoning the entire Senate for a blowhard like Kim Jong Un? He's giving the man exactly what he wants - attention and a semblance of legitimacy.

Very true, but wouldn't it be a good time to put an end to these shenanigans? Pressure China to cut ties with the North and force then to give up their nuclear program. Finding some way to end this without bloodshed would be tremendous.

knapplc    19,300

When has there not been a good time to get the Kim family out of North Korea? It's always been a good idea to remove despots from power. So why now?

ZRod    2,852

When has there not been a good time to get the Kim family out of North Korea? It's always been a good idea to remove despots from power. So why now?

I don't know? Why didn't Obama tackle the issue? Seems like a relaxing China is making things more feasible in the past decade. If this administration can actually do it peacefully more power to them. The saber rattling is concerning though.

knapplc    19,300

North Korea has been launching missiles since 1993. They've been testing nuclear weapons since 2006. That covers the last four presidents.

Why didn't Bush?

Why didn't Clinton?

Why didn't Bush?

Why didn't Obama?

Probably because they all realized we had far more to lose by going to war with the Kims than by keeping them hemmed in.