• You cannot reply to this topic
459 replies to this topic

#1 NM11046

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,973 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:15 AM

So Trey Crowdy huh? He is something else aye?

"Red is always popular in Nebraska."

cZtDFbg.png

#2 Fru

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:18 AM

For those unable to listen at the moment, could you summarize their exchange?

#3 NM11046

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • 2,973 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:58 AM

Just boarding a flight ... will summarize when I land if nobdy else has. Or check out Jake Tapper's twitter. Good facts there.

cZtDFbg.png

#4 ZRod

Wizard of Osborne

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,705 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:05 AM

Just boarding a flight ... will summarize when I land if nobdy else has. Or check out Jake Tapper's twitter. Good fake news there.

FIFY

#5 dudeguyy

The Bobfather

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,337 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:10 PM

The spin is real.

https://twitter.com/JohnJHarwood/status/843884204249309184

PBQGeQl.png

#6 knapplc

Legend

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,286 posts

HB Donor Silver

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:16 PM

Where was this focus on the leaks during the Clinton hearings? They're spending a LOT of time worrying about how this information got out rather than the pressing concern of whether or not a hostile foreign power influenced our elections.

clEdF.png

The failure to condemn is necessarily the act to condone.

#7 QMany

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 6,995 posts

HB Donor Bronze

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:28 PM

https://twitter.com/mattmfm/status/843885779810242560

2016_Sig.png

#8 QMany

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 6,995 posts

HB Donor Bronze

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:28 PM

https://twitter.com/justinjm1/status/843885342394646529

https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/843891684727541766

2016_Sig.png

#9 knapplc

Legend

• Members2
  • 39,286 posts

HB Donor Silver

Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:19 PM

Succinct summation of today's hearing.

https://twitter.com/SortaBad/status/843854631742525441

clEdF.png

#10 knapplc

Legend

• Members2
  • 39,286 posts

HB Donor Silver

Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:31 PM

I'm reading that Comey said both DNC and RNC were hacked during the election, but only Democrats had their info leaked.

Wikileaks appears more and more complicit in submarining Clinton's campaign. The hackers may or may not be Russian. And we have a man in the White House blatantly spreading misinformation.

How long until Republicans cut bait and distance themselves from Trump? And by that I mean both political figures and the holdouts among the citizenry.

clEdF.png

#11 zoogs

Legend

• Admin
  • 22,615 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:32 PM

They won't. Why would they?
check us out @Huskerboard !

#12 dudeguyy

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 6,337 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:42 PM

The calculus is the same as it has always been. Ride this puppy out to use Trump as a vessel to get to tax cuts, deregulation and their ACA replacement, and chuck Trump under the bus at the first sign of trouble that actually impacts them with Pence as a suitable replacement.

I can only hope some of these gutless cowards get dragged down with him.

PBQGeQl.png

#13 ZRod

Wizard of Osborne

• Members
  • 7,705 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:03 PM

They won't. Why would they?

Because it's been done before. And there is still honor left... I hope...

#14 knapplc

Legend

• Members2
  • 39,286 posts

HB Donor Silver

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:07 PM

Honor I'm looking for from the citizens. I strongly believe in the truth and justice of the American people. We may make mistakes but we are not a people prone to evil, and once exposed we tend to denounce it.

From the politicians I'm hoping that political expediency wins out more than anything.

clEdF.png

#15 StPaulHusker

Legend

• Members
  • 11,662 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:29 PM

R's won't cut bait with Trump until they get everything they want from him while they hold the majority.  

c7U8vFB.png       sIg8nr1.png        Vsx5CoZ.png      QUyYgF4.png

#16 TGHusker

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,607 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:04 PM

R's won't cut bait with Trump until they get everything they want from him while they hold the majority.  

AGREE 100%     They are both using each other and 2018 midterms may play out in a way that shows this may not be the best strategy for congressional repubs. 

#17 TGHusker

Head Coach

• Members
  • 3,607 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:34 PM

Clinton supporters are doing this :bang  after Comey's testimony.  Comey has lost all credibility now.

If there was indeed a Trump/Russian investigation then the voters should have know about it.  As you all know, I wasn't a Clinton supporter and

am confused by Comey's actions of July and Oct on the emails, but how in the world could he have spoken up about
Clinton without saying anything about Trump.  He should have kept his mouth shut on both if both were on going or come clean on both.  :dunno

So frustrating when you cannot trust the FBI or DOJ. 

https://twitter.com/...f_src=twsrc^tfw

Brian FallonVerified account @brianefallon

Russia probe that Comey confirmed was, as best we can tell, in effect before Nov 8. Fair to ask why he didnt think voters deserved to know

C7X4rIDWkAELti-.jpg

#18 zoogs

Legend

• Admin
  • 22,615 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:02 PM

Further, Trump's tweets on this should out him as an unrepentant, vile liar. As if that wasn't clear enough already.
check us out @Huskerboard !

#19 NM11046

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • 2,973 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:05 PM

For those unable to listen at the moment, could you summarize their exchange?

So in a nutshell (*I had to get on a plane for perhaps others can fill in blanks)

• Opening 5mins was Nunes saying that there were no wire taps in Trump Tower but there was no way to yet know if there was "Other" monitoring going on
  • Nunes says that Russia has been a known trouble maker for a long time but the Obama administration did nothing with what they knew
  • Schiff (15mins) painted a picture of "coincidences" from summer til now - "could they be coincidences - yes, could they be connected in a sinister way - yes"
  • we need an independent investigator to look into this in addition to/compliment to the committee to insure it's unbiased/unpartisaned as it would be human nature to view things by party, and that they are elected officials w/many other things to do so this needs to be done properly similar to 911 panel

Questioning begins from those on the dais .... Nunes makes a big point in the first round of questions to ask if there was evidence of any specific voter fraud in specific states (MI, FL, NC ...) that could be attributed to Russia.  Any actual votes changed.  No 

Trey Gowdy from SC makes a point to revisit the lack of  proof of votes changed, then launches into the importance of FISA being understood and who would be someone who might disclose unmonitored US citizens who were caught during an international listening tap.  How important it is with next month it coming back up for vote to insure that there is an understanding that people can not be identified if they are unknowingly taped - that this could ruin the whole program.  Then he spent his 15 mins first go round digging into who leaked the info about Flynn.  Made a dramatic point about 9 sources being quoted by WaPo, NYT etc and how can that be - isn't that a federal offense?  Isn't that a huge problem?  He launched back into this focus during his second 15 mins (focused on leakers not content of what has come to light)

I then got to the airport and was hearing things in bits and pieces.  Essentially lots of NSA and FBI saying they couldn't get specific on people (i.e. couldn't say out loud who was in the room during the briefings) and wouldn't speaking to leaks etc.

I am biased - but my opinion was that Nunes danced around trying to defend Trump, Gowdy was a nutjob and off base, angry and aggressive with his questioning and Schiff was focused, prepared and deliberate.  I saw a few others speak (D's) and they were interestingly taking their time to more so make statements than question people.  The R from NYC tried to drill down on both NSA and FBI to get them to admit that in the past Russia has always aligned to Republicans - honestly I don't know what he was getting at, but he was asking, "so if Mitt Romney was running would Russia have helped him?  McCain?.  It was bizarre and watching the two guys he was directing the questions to was pretty funny - they weren't sure what he was going for.

It was interesting, I was surprised that at the gate with hundreds of people standing around there were only maybe 3 of us listening.  I'll look forward to seeing who adds to the commentary.

cZtDFbg.png

#20 Making Chimichangas

Blackshirt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:09 PM

:blink: 

Rebellions are built on hope

#21 dudeguyy

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 6,337 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:28 PM

Where was this focus on the leaks during the Clinton hearings? They're spending a LOT of time worrying about how this information got out rather than the pressing concern of whether or not a hostile foreign power influenced our elections.

https://twitter.com/JohnJHarwood/status/843862310452154372

PBQGeQl.png

#22 dudeguyy

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 6,337 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 06:55 AM

MFW my boss is tweeting while I'm testifying in front of Congress and one of the Congress members pulls up a LYING tweet from my boss on their phone and I have to react to it in real time...

PBQGeQl.png

#23 funhusker

All American

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 07:03 AM

^^^The looks on their faces say a lot.  Those are the looks that normal people have whenever they witness a Trump TwitterTantrum.

#24 dudeguyy

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 6,337 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 07:17 AM

Also, had to leave this here. I find Kasparov's tweets incredibly witty. Shocker: Chess grandmaster is also a bright dude.

https://twitter.com/Kasparov63/status/843844130799304704

PBQGeQl.png

#25 QMany

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 6,995 posts

HB Donor Bronze

Posted 21 March 2017 - 07:25 AM

https://twitter.com/GideonResnick/status/844176165443190784

2016_Sig.png

#26 StPaulHusker

Legend

• Members
  • 11,662 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 07:34 AM

Sean Spicer:

qusOp4Q.gif

c7U8vFB.png       sIg8nr1.png        Vsx5CoZ.png      QUyYgF4.png

#27 ZRod

Wizard of Osborne

• Members
  • 7,705 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 08:18 AM

When does this house of cards come crashing down? This is an unprecedented level of incompetence.

#28 Making Chimichangas

Blackshirt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 12:33 PM

When does this house of cards come crashing down? This is an unprecedented level of incompetence.

Trump said he was going to hire only the best people! 

:blink: 

:LOLtartar 

Rebellions are built on hope

#29 NM11046

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • 2,973 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 01:27 PM

Just read somewhere that Mannafort, Page and Stone have all volunteered to testify ... rumbles are that they are all scrambling to beat each other to the bench and the MIA name in all this mess is Flynn.  Who has already flipped evidence (some think to save his military pension, others to stick it to Trump after the firing).  Thought that theory carried some potential weight, and might be the 'more than circumstantial" evidence Schiff has referred to.

cZtDFbg.png

#30 dudeguyy

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 6,337 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 01:43 PM

Just read somewhere that Mannafort, Page and Stone have all volunteered to testify ... rumbles are that they are all scrambling to beat each other to the bench and the MIA name in all this mess is Flynn.  Who has already flipped evidence (some think to save his military pension, others to stick it to Trump after the firing).  Thought that theory carried some potential weight, and might be the 'more than circumstantial" evidence Schiff has referred to.

I wondered about that too. The major hangup about that theory for me is that they're all willing to testify... for the House Intelligence Committee, led by profession Trump bootlicker Devin Nunes.

I don't trust him at all to grill them properly or handle the situation with clear eyes.

If they were all falling all over themselves to testify in front of an independent commission, THAT would really be something.

That is the next step. The next shoe that needs to fall.

PBQGeQl.png

#31 84HuskerLaw

Heisman Winner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,701 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 05:14 PM

As expected, the 'investigation' of the Russian connection (a grand smoke screen concocted by the Clintons and Obama and company to obfiscate and confuse their voters as to why they lost the election) is now exploding into the obvious plot hatched no doubt by the Clintons (this is their modus operandi).   Hillary no doubt planned after winning the election to get her revenge by using all the improperly gathered 'dirt' on their political enemies after she was coronated.   LOL  Unfortunately for the Clintons and the Democrat party and their supporters, all the spying by the NSA, CIA, FBI, etc etc of the Republicans and the Trump team found NOTHIING.  Of course, now that the secret surveillance campaign which of course would have never been revealed had Hillary won, the truth is coming out as in inevitably always does.  Washington can't keep a secret on anything and never has,.   The Clintons, mroe than anybody, should have known this simply truth.  But then, they are used to being exposed for who and what their are (unindicted conspirators and perpetrators of so many scandalous ventures for basically their entire adult lives) without ever having any signifcant consequences.

It seems highly unlikely that they can keep the lid on this rapidly exploding scandal.   Of course, the Clinton fingerprints have all been wiped clean by now and the Obama people are left holding the bag so once again the true masterminds of what I think may be aptly described as "Hillary's Revenge" plot.  But the Clinton emails do exist even though she may have thought she wiped the server clean.  The spy agencies have all the emails ever sent in safekeeping and they can be pulled out at any time.

There are many in the upper echelons of the Dem party and Clinton and Obama circle that should be in jail but I won't hold my breath in eager anticipation.   The wheels of justive turn slowly and sometimes come to a complete halt.  

The whole thing blew up in their faces when she lost the election.  Of course, the media gave so many the impression that she was going to win in a huge landslide and was inevitable.   LOL

We may never hear and see the 'smoking gun' evidence of Hillary's plot but as the Clintons and Dems no longer have the complete control of the entire governmental apparatice of investigations (justice, FBI, CIA, HSA, NSA, IRS, etc etc), the truth may well come out.   Not sure how Trump will respond but seeing as how he was the publicly stated target of the 'investigation' and all the baseless fake news accusations, I would not want to have to seek his mercy when caught in this scandalous affair.  

Much of this is exactly as I have been expecting for a long long time.  Eventually the conspirators involve too many particpants and somebody lets it slip or the best laid plans fall apart as the most unexpected intervening events occur.   

#32 commando

Grad Assistant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 05:18 PM

are we sure 84Huskerlaw isn't Rush Limbaugh?

Trump...packing 25 days of bullsh#t into every 24 hour day

#33 NM11046

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • 2,973 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 05:45 PM

I get more of an Alex Jones vibe.

cZtDFbg.png

#34 funhusker

All American

• Members2
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 06:23 PM

I agree with NM on this one.  Rush isn't that creative...

#35 Nebfanatic

All American

• Members
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 06:23 PM

As expected, the 'investigation' of the Russian connection (a grand smoke screen concocted by the Clintons and Obama and company to obfiscate and confuse their voters as to why they lost the election) is now exploding into the obvious plot hatched no doubt by the Clintons (this is their modus operandi).   Hillary no doubt planned after winning the election to get her revenge by using all the improperly gathered 'dirt' on their political enemies after she was coronated.   LOL  Unfortunately for the Clintons and the Democrat party and their supporters, all the spying by the NSA, CIA, FBI, etc etc of the Republicans and the Trump team found NOTHIING.  Of course, now that the secret surveillance campaign which of course would have never been revealed had Hillary won, the truth is coming out as in inevitably always does.  Washington can't keep a secret on anything and never has,.   The Clintons, mroe than anybody, should have known this simply truth.  But then, they are used to being exposed for who and what their are (unindicted conspirators and perpetrators of so many scandalous ventures for basically their entire adult lives) without ever having any signifcant consequences.

It seems highly unlikely that they can keep the lid on this rapidly exploding scandal.   Of course, the Clinton fingerprints have all been wiped clean by now and the Obama people are left holding the bag so once again the true masterminds of what I think may be aptly described as "Hillary's Revenge" plot.  But the Clinton emails do exist even though she may have thought she wiped the server clean.  The spy agencies have all the emails ever sent in safekeeping and they can be pulled out at any time.

There are many in the upper echelons of the Dem party and Clinton and Obama circle that should be in jail but I won't hold my breath in eager anticipation.   The wheels of justive turn slowly and sometimes come to a complete halt.  

The whole thing blew up in their faces when she lost the election.  Of course, the media gave so many the impression that she was going to win in a huge landslide and was inevitable.   LOL
We may never hear and see the 'smoking gun' evidence of Hillary's plot but as the Clintons and Dems no longer have the complete control of the entire governmental apparatice of investigations (justice, FBI, CIA, HSA, NSA, IRS, etc etc), the truth may well come out.   Not sure how Trump will respond but seeing as how he was the publicly stated target of the 'investigation' and all the baseless fake news accusations, I would not want to have to seek his mercy when caught in this scandalous affair.  

Much of this is exactly as I have been expecting for a long long time.  Eventually the conspirators involve too many particpants and somebody lets it slip or the best laid plans fall apart as the most unexpected intervening events occur.   

you may need to lay off the fox news there buddy

#36 NM11046

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • 2,973 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 12:02 PM

Interesting to see of the protests taking place in Russia.  Brave people there, super brave.  

cZtDFbg.png

#37 commando

Grad Assistant

• Members
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 12:10 PM

Interesting to see of the protests taking place in Russia.  Brave people there, super brave.  

i was just reading about them on garry kasparovs twitter.    hadn't seen any news reports about them yet.   

#38 NM11046

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • 2,973 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 12:36 PM

It's been kept quite quiet.  One journalist (American I think) was arrested even though he shared his press pass and said he was there to record.  He got a pic of when Navainy was arrested.  Funny how journalists in Russia aren't focused on this.

cZtDFbg.png

#39 commando

Grad Assistant

• Members
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 12:48 PM

i wouldn't hold my breath waiting if i were him

5b3b5ca32c4140808875fb9da634aed0.png

#40 commando

Grad Assistant

• Members
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 08:15 AM

i wouldn't hold my breath waiting if i were him

5b3b5ca32c4140808875fb9da634aed0.png

still waiting

#41 commando

Grad Assistant

• Members
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 08:20 AM

but a lone rebel senator is saying something

24077c9664ec4177a2ebdb8f1f5172a7.png

#42 commando

Grad Assistant

• Members
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 08:27 AM

897828e6e54e454eb06967dfe8f2ebd2.png

#43 QMany

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 6,995 posts

HB Donor Bronze

Posted 28 March 2017 - 08:13 AM

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/846725359886352384

2016_Sig.png

#44 dudeguyy

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 6,337 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 08:14 AM

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/846570769698181120

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/846725359886352384

Wow. The White House tried to stifle Sally Yates - the same acting AG who refused to enforce Trump's travel ban and was fired in turn - from testifying. 

She had been invited to have a public testimony, until - who else? - Chairman Nunes abruptly cancelled that public meeting last week.

He came out and cancelled all meetings for his committee this week as well earlier this morning.

This is Keystone Cops territory. Could it be any more obvious Nunes is just taking his cues from the White House? His leading this investigation is a sham.

Edit: Guess great minds think alike, Q. :lol:

PBQGeQl.png

#45 QMany

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 6,995 posts

HB Donor Bronze

Posted 28 March 2017 - 08:22 AM

please-disperse.gif

2016_Sig.png

#46 NM11046

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • 2,973 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 08:32 AM

Was just coming to post this.

WHY?  Why if there is no wrongdoing, and nothing to hide are they spending time trying to quiet anyone?  If I was Sally Yates I'd be even more anxious to talk.  Shoot, wonder why there are so many leaks ... 

What in the world can be worth Nunes hanging himself over this administration - what do they have on him that is making him throw away a relatively decent career?

cZtDFbg.png

#47 QMany

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 6,995 posts

HB Donor Bronze

Posted 28 March 2017 - 08:37 AM

What in the world can be worth Nunes hanging himself over this administration - what do they have on him that is making him throw away a relatively decent career?

Nunes was part of the transition team...

2016_Sig.png

#48 dudeguyy

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 6,337 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 08:47 AM

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/846734142884732928

PBQGeQl.png

#49 Moiraine

Wizard of Osborne

• Members
  • 9,940 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 08:54 AM

Nunes was part of the transition team...

If they don't have dirt on him, they are paying him a lot of $

#50 TGHusker

Head Coach

• Members
  • 3,607 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 11:37 AM

please-disperse.gif

That always cracks me up.   I loved those movies. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users