DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

No, she didn't.

At least not in that video clip. In the clip she admits the US spied on Russian connections, or had informants. This isn't news. The "confession" is only that during the collection of Russian information there were apparently suspicious ties to Trump. She and her colleagues wanted to protect the information as well as how they gained it to keep the Trump administration from getting rid of it.

Did the Obama administration "spy on Trump". Possible. But that wasn't an accidental confession of it.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with having intelligence on Trump and his people if it was received due to them talking to Russians we were spying on.

It's crazy how most of the GOP acts as if it's wrong in and of itself. No. It's only wrong if they were specifically spying on those people for political reasons and didn't get the intel due to spying on their foreign contacts for different purposes.

Also, the chick never said the White House was doing any of it.

I'm confused.

So, the White House told Nunes that the White House was being "incidental" surveillance.

Doesn't that seem odd to other people?

It's not odd with Trump as president. It's exactly what I assumed the minute I heard Nunes went to the White House. This is what happened in my opinion:

Trump watched a guy on Fox News or in a Breitbart article say he was wiretapped. He believed it.

He talked about it as loud as he could and ordered everyone to find the evidence for it (everything involving Trump always has confirmation bias - if he wants something to have happened he digs around until one sh**ty source "confirms" it).

But no one came up with anything. Everyone said he was wrong.

Nunes is the head of the House intelligence committee and was part of Trump's transition team, and since Trump desparately wanted to be believed, because in his crazy mind it really happened, he or his people came up with this idea to give Nunes their "intel." Nunes then immediately told the press about his "intel," and when Trump was asked if he felt vindicated, he replied "kind of."

If Trump had been at all surprised at how everything went down with Nunes, is he the type to just say "kind of" and not go on a Twitter rant or talk for days about his victory?

A little side info - I read that Nunes made $50k a year before being elected. I know there are good people out there who won't be bought off but I think someone who isn't rich is easier to buy off when you have Trump-level money.

He needs to recuse himself. I dunno how these committees work. Does the GOP have to vote him off?

• Fire 3

My point is, all the intelligence officials don't have this information but some White House staff does? What are the chances that this is Bannon?

Also, "incidental" surveillance is not illegal or against any ethics that Trump thinks Obama did. In fact, this flies in the face of Trump's claim that Obama had his building "wire tapped".

This is interesting though.