DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

At the very least, Russia is sitting back watching and laughing at every instance of discord caused by events like yesterday. Zoogs' assertion about Russia's soft war techniques is spot on, IMO.

They wish to undermine our democracy and weaken our country by any means necessary. That doesn't necessarily mean installing a puppet who will directly benefit them. They will gladly accept white supremacists and Neo-Nazis clashing violently with antifascists and peaceful protestors alike. Not that it's super important, but Putin's Russia aligns much more closely ideologically with the former than the latter. They'd much sooner take their country back(wards) by force for the benefit of the far right than promote an environment that protects civil rights and allows a fair democracy for the benefit of the people.

They love every incident like yesterday's. The further these divisions are sown, the more people retreat into their respective camps and view ordinary Americans who differ from them politically as enemies. Furthermore, the less likely some people are to recognize Russia as a dangerous enemy, or care that they are. Knapp's video with the "Maybe Putin is right" guy comes to mind.

They want our country to rip itself apart because it is much, much easier and less costly than them trying to do it. Having a clueless boob like Trump in charge aids that, because he takes every available opportunity to attack those who disagree with him and drive wedges in that much deeper. He just simply has no idea how to bring us together.

• Fire 4

13 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

I saw a rumor today that I'm sure now was just that ... cuz it certainly would have made headlines if it were real, but it said Mueller delivered supoenas to Trump companies.

i doubt that's true....Mueller hasn't died from mysterious circumstances yet.

26 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

The headline was somewhat misleading for me, and the article reiterates everything that has been said about this process. Mueller is deliberate, and his ongoing work won't be a quick, public spectacle. 

Trump's co author of Art of the Deal  predicts Trump will resign.   He had previously advised the Hillary campaign - he believes he will resign to save himself from jail.

Maybe that is why Pence shortened his trip??

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/tony-schwartz-trump-resign_us_59952d91e4b06ef724d64fd6?ncid=APPLENEWS00001

In followup tweets in response to questions, Schwartz predicted Trump would make a deal for immunity in the Russia investigation in exchange for his resignation.

“The Russia stuff will be huge,” he wrote. “He doesn’t want to go to jail.” 

He also urged Trump’s opponents to keep up the pressure, and he slammed the president’s elder children.

Schwartz has been predicting resignation as Trump’s endgame, making similar comments in May.

“I surely believe that at some point over the next period of time he’s going to have to figure out a way to resign,” Schwartz told CNN at the time. 

Despite authoring a book with Trump, Schwartz advised the campaign of 2016 Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton for free. 

“This is my penance for having created a man who has become a monster,” he said in September. “I’ve spent 30 years feeling bad about it.” 

Schwartz also said he would donate his share of the profits from Art Of The Deal to the National Immigration Law Center, an organization that helps low-income immigrants.

• Plus1 1
15 hours ago, NM11046 said:

I saw a rumor today that I'm sure now was just that ... cuz it certainly would have made headlines if it were real, but it said Mueller delivered supoenas to Trump companies.

I saw that as well.  Pretty sure it is actual #FakeNews.  Some rando guy on twitter who had a "WH source" was tweeting it.  Until I see it in the WaPo or NYT, I don't believe it (and I am sure it would have leaked by now). 

Where is the line, conservatives? Those on the left have near-universally decided Trump continues to gleefully prance over it almost every day, and Independents are largely shifting that way. But so long as the base holds, Trump will continue to feel free to behave this way. If they start to defect, MAYBE he's got a prayer to get the message... but I doubt it.

• Plus1 3