DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

The RNC is pretty much in a situation where (if they have no morals...which is obvious) they have to defend anyone involved because if crap hits the fan, the RNC is basically done for the foreseeable future.

The candidate (and the campaign) they put up and won with gets slammed for colluding with a foreign enemy.  I honestly can't imagine how they would pull anything positive out of that.

So....their best bet is to help fight the charges and hope they go away.

I actually question if it's legal for these funds to be used that way.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/09/26/facebook-russia-trump-sanders-stein-243172

They did a darned good job of this.

Phenomenal return on investment. It's not like everyone gets swayed by Facebook ads. But everyone lives in a reality where lots of people see this stuff. And then perception becomes groundswell becomes reality. 

The ads show a complicated effort that didn’t necessarily hew to promoting Trump and bashing Clinton. Instead, they show a desire to create divisions while sometimes praising Trump, Sanders and Stein. A number of the ads seemed to question Clinton’s authenticity and tout some of the liberal criticisms of her candidacy.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/09/28/mike-pence-robert-mueller-lawyer-meeting-russia-243275

Basically I think what Pence is wanting to convey is that he wasn't apart of the campaign during the infamous Trump Tower meetings wt the Russians - getting ahead of the Mueller investigation by showing willingness to cooperate.   Trying to grease the skids towards becoming President Trump. 

On 9/27/2017 at 6:30 AM, NM11046 said:

Highly recommend this follow for dumbed down perspective on the Mueller investigation.

I got on this thread today and was going to ask - is anything getting done on the investigation. Slow, no solid evidence presented yet, - wondering if Trump will end up squeaking by wt this being nothing but a bad memory.  However, after reading this twitter thread - it looks a lot more clearer even without seeing what Mueller has.  A nice big package of evidence will one day be presented to Trump with a bow shaped like hand cuffs.   If this tweeter thread ends up being verified, then Mueller has pulled together enough info to indict Trump and team on money laundering, campaign law violations, and perhaps in a stretch - treason like activity.   It seems very disheartening to know that we got a guy in office enacting his executive orders and initiating policies who will soon be shown to be not worthy of that office as a fraud and a criminal.  Those are strong words but it is one of those feel it in the gut feelings.  Nixon acted out of paranoia and we got Watergate. Trump acted out of greed and we will see something much worse than Watergate in my opinion.  Unfortunately we have weak Republican leadership who might side step the obvious just to try to save their own jobs - afraid to lose Trump supporters and their votes.  :snacks: