DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

3 minutes ago, FrankWheeler said:

I don't understand why the Republicans are fighting this, especially the way they are. 

If there is nothing there, that is what will come out of the investigation, picking a fight with the FBI sounds like a terrible strategy politically.

Unless they want their constituents to distrust the FBI and not care if the FBI finds lots of dirt.

• Plus1 1

So Fusion was working indirectly for Natalia Veselnitskaya, the Russian lawyer who also met with the Trump team with the promise of 'dirt' on Hilary Clinton, during the same time that they contracted with Steele to get dirt on Trump?  How can the Republicans tag Fusion as a democratic organization when they were working the other side as well?

This whole thing is insane.  

1 hour ago, FrankWheeler said:

I don't understand why the Republicans are fighting this, especially the way they are. 

If there is nothing there, that is what will come out of the investigation, picking a fight with the FBI sounds like a terrible strategy politically.

1 hour ago, Moiraine said:

Unless they want their constituents to distrust the FBI and not care if the FBI finds lots of dirt.

Hey....these are the people who respect law enforcement....remember????

• Plus1 2

31 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Wow.....after reading this article, my head is spinning. 

Why is your head spinning?

Correct me if I'm wrong - the Republicans' whole thing in that article is about how they got the warrant to spy on Trump officials, correct? And this memo was created by Nunes.

And it turned out that spying on them proved they had ties to Russia. Both Flynn and Papadopoulos have pleaded guilty for things related to it. So in a nutshell, maybe the dossier is the only reason they got the warrant, and maybe it shouldn't have been enough evidence for them to get the warrant, but what they found with the warrant was that their suspicions were correct. Maybe the spying on Trump officials to see if they had Russian ties was politically motivated, and then they found out Trump officials had Russian ties.

I feel like the GOP is grasping here. But it's obviously enough to trick people. What Schiff says seems to sum it up well:

“I think the whole political purpose of this is to make a misleading case to the public, perpetuate the president’s political narrative, but not let the public see the underlying materials that would show just how distorted it is — I think that’s by design,” said Rep. Adam Schiff (Calif.), the top Democrat on the Intelligence Committee.

Just to add, almost everyone in the entire country thought Trump was going to lose. So the idea that spying on his people is some kind of master plan since before the election in order to take him down is pretty damn preposterous. I think they thought he or his people were involved with Russia, and had enough evidence to get a warrant, so they got one. End of story.

Edited by Moiraine
  • Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, commando said:

it sure looks like the republicans and russians are working together.   

Funny thing is....I don’t think the republicans worked with the Russians on this and they probably hate it the Russians are helping them on this......but, they can’t make it stop.....and, they don’t want to admit publicly  that they are helping them. 

Its actually pretty funny....in a sad way. 

3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Funny thing is....I don’t think the republicans worked with the Russians on this and they probably hate it the Russians are helping them on this......but, they can’t make it stop.....and, they don’t want to admit publicly  that they are helping them. 

Its actually pretty funny....in a sad way. 

I can't understand why they all got in line with Trump. Well I can. It's just... how can they be so selfish and not put the country first? There are only a few who've tried to do that.