DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

15 hours ago, 45timesbetterthanemptysuit said:

A few individuals do not make an institution.

I'm not sure you're following the story.

Donald Trump is attempting to discredit the entire FBI. The conservative blogosphere is running wild with it. It's a good tactic, even if it smells of desperation. 

And the President is not entirely wrong. The majority of U.S. intelligence officers were made aware of Russian attempts to hack the U.S. election based on their own intelligence efforts. Donald Trump came into office ignoring the entire U.S. intelligence community, accepting Vladamir Putin's explanation of things instead, for obvious self-serving reasons. I wish I was making that up, but it's public record. So are a litany of intelligence-related blunders the new President has made. 

So it's not just a few individuals, or even a secret society. I would guess a vast majority of FBI agents have aligned against Trump because he's creating fresh national security threats on a daily basis. And also, you know, because he is openly attacking their institution. It's only speculation, of course, but anyone with a code of honor and understanding of the world would also consider Donald Trump a clown. An absolute f'ing clown. None of which has anything to do with Hillary Clinton. 

• Plus1 4

2 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Donald Trump is attempting to discredit the entire FBI. The conservative blogosphere is running wild with it. It's a good tactic, even if it smells of desperation. 

And the President is not entirely wrong. The majority of U.S. intelligence officers were made aware of Russian attempts to hack the U.S. election based on their own intelligence efforts. Donald Trump came into office ignoring the entire U.S. intelligence community, accepting Vladamir Putin's explanation of things instead, for obvious self-serving reasons. I wish I was making that up, but it's public record. So are a litany of intelligence-related blunders the new President has made. 

So it's not just a few individuals, or even a secret society. I would guess a vast majority of FBI agents have aligned against Trump because he's creating fresh national security threats on a daily basis. And also, you know, because he is openly attacking their institution. It's only speculation, of course, but anyone with a code of honor and understanding of the world would also consider Donald Trump a clown. An absolute f'ing clown. None of which has anything to do with Hillary Clinton. 

Exactly. Trump may very well have bias against him within the FBI at this point, but he created those enemies all by himself and it has nothing to do with political motivations or corrupt leadership

24 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Oh I've said much, much worse than that. 

Doesn’t bother me one bit! 

4 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

No he’s not. He’s specifically separated the rank and file from the leadership several times. 

21 minutes ago, 45timesbetterthanemptysuit said:

No he’s not. He’s specifically separated the rank and file from the leadership several times. 

And the rank and file has lined right back up behind leadership.

Divide & conquer is a tactic. It goes towards undermining the institution as a whole. 

On 2/1/2018 at 10:15 AM, NM11046 said:

I'm so grateful when I hear folks are talking with their congressmen.  Thank you Guy.  We need to remind them (even in blue states) that we're counting on them to do their jobs.

Here's what he said on Facebook:

Jared Huffman

The skirmish over Devin Nunes' ham-handed, partisan "intelligence" memo would be funny if it wasn't so extremely dangerous. I've read the memo -- at least the version that existed a few days ago, before he secretly modified it again without the committee's knowledge. I also read the Democratic rebuttal memo that Republicans are withholding, so I know the Nunes' memo is complete bunk, riddled with exaggerations, wild extrapolations, and outright lies (for example: it mischaracterizes a key witnesses' testimony in a classified hearing, which would be easy to refute... except that the GOP majority refuses to declassify the transcript!).

Here's the bottom line, which anyone willing to think independently already realizes: Nunes is trying to manipulate public opinion against our main federal law enforcement agencies (FBI and DOJ) and pave the way for President Trump to start firing people. This is the deliberate setup for a Watergate-style Saturday Night Massacre. Nunes, Trump and their ilk are desperately choreographing all of this -- despite the damage to our institutions and national security, despite the fact that most people see right through their scheme -- because they know the Russia investigation is getting close to revealing the truth. The country will soon know the full extent of Trump's personal, financial and political ties to Russia, and whether he has obstructed justice or engaged in other misconduct. This scares them so much that they've launched a disinformation campaign that would make Goebbels blush. They're counting on the rightwing media echo chamber and Russian bots to help them brand the Special Counsel's Russia investigation as a "witch hunt" and change the subject to their new pseudo-conspiracy within the FBI and DOJ.

Those of us who care about the truth -- and frankly, anyone who cares about our country -- must step up right now, call out these insidious actions, oppose political tampering with our law enforcement agencies, and demand that the Special Counsel be allowed to follow the facts wherever they lead. This is not a drill!

• Plus1 7

I just keep wondering why on earth an innocent man (Trump) is trying so hard to obstruct this investigation? Doesn't seem worth the effort to me to fire people,  endlessly  tweet and spin everything to  try to discredit the FBI,  if there's nothing to find. Let it play out and it will surely prove his innocence right?

Edited by Big Red 40
  • Plus1 5

I thought the same about the tax returns . Something isn’t right there . I realize he didn't HAVE to release them, but i think he SHOULD have. If there’s nothing there , releasing  them would erase all doubt and prove the haters wrong, instead of prancing around like a little kind saying "I don't hafta" and "I don't wanna" . His supporters ate that up but i sure didn't. 

Edited by Big Red 40
  • Plus1 2

True Fact: in 2011, Trump was the subject of a Comedy Central Roast. Everyone knows it's an insult-fest, that's what makes it a roast, but they do consult with the Honoree about any subject he or she really wants off the table.  Did Trump want them to avoid making fun of his multiple wives? No, he was good with that. His hair, his vanity? No problem. His incestuous thoughts of his own daughter? Hey you guys do what you gotta do.

But there was one thing he asked the comics to avoid: don't say anything about me not being wealthy.

Which was weird, since it had never occurred to them. 

• Plus1 4

9 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

True Fact: in 2011, Trump was the subject of a Comedy Central Roast. Everyone knows it's an insult-fest, that's what makes it a roast, but they do consult with the Honoree about any subject he or she really wants off the table.  Did Trump want them to avoid making fun of his multiple wives? No, he was good with that. His hair, his vanity? No problem. His incestuous thoughts of his own daughter? Hey you guys do what you gotta do.

But there was one thing he asked the comics to avoid: don't say anything about me not being wealthy.

Which was weird, since it had never occurred to them. 

Because, at that time, only Donald truly knew how much of a fraud he was.

• Plus1 1

Too bad, so sad, Manafort.

Justice Department says Mueller probe lawful

The U.S. Justice Department has backed Special Counsel Robert Mueller over a lawsuit filed against him by Paul Manafort, President Donald Trump's former campaign manager, and argued that Manafort's case should be dismissed.

Manafort sued Mueller on Jan. 3, saying his office's investigation into possible collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia in the 2016 presidential election exceeded its legal authority.

The civil lawsuit, filed in U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia, accused Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, who appointed Mueller, of exceeding his legal authority to "grant Mr. Mueller carte blanche to investigate and pursue criminal charges in connection with anything he stumbles across."

"These claims lack merit," a Justice Department filing to the court on Friday said. "The Special Counsel's investigation and prosecutions are entirely lawful."

The department said Manafort's case should be dismissed.

Believe me when I say I say this without a lick of hyperbole:

Carter Page is quite possibly the stupidest individual involved in the Trump orbit. But it's also an indictment of whoever decided he should be involved in the Trump campaign that he was even in that orbit.

I can't believe we have a bunch of Republicans gnashing their teeth about surveilling someone like this. Seems like the only reasonable thing to do.

Edited by dudeguyy
  • Plus1 3