DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

I think Nunes might just be really stupid and actually believes what he says. I just looked at his twitter account and the entire thing is full of fox news and nationalreview headlines and complaints that drudge report is being censored.

Last time I donated to a campaign was Obama in 2007 but I'm seriously considering donating to Nunes' opponent once the primary is over.

Edited by Moiraine
22 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I think Nunes might just be really stupid and actually believes what he says. I just looked at his twitter account and the entire thing is full of fox news and nationalreview headlines and complaints that drudge report is being censored.

Last time I donated to a campaign was Obama in 2007 but I'm seriously considering donating to Nunes' opponent once the primary is over.

This guy is well on his way to being that guy.

The Democrat and Prosecutor Challenging Devin Nunes

Edited by schriznoeder

2 hours ago, Moiraine said:

He's just going to fire Mueller. Then Paul Ryan will say he shouldn't have done that. Then nothing will happen. Any day now and we'll hear Rosenstein's been replaced by Eric Trump.

Some bird law expert on Reddit just said that because a subpoena was issued the Trump org will have to comply and turn over documents even if he does try to fire Mueller.

They also said Mueller has a relative expert on executive privilege on his team that spent a lot of time in the Solicitor General's office. He's one of two guys to argue 100 cases in front of the Supreme Court. 

Their point was that if Trump attempts to assert executive privilege because it's his company he's going to get laughed out of the courtroom.

• Plus1 1

I just read a little about the McCabe stuff. He probably should have recused himself.

But damn, if the GOP would ever step back and act unbiased for a second maybe they'd realize that the possibility Russia interfered in our elections (or maybe even colluded with a presidential campaign) is a little more important than the possibility that 8 classified e-mails of our SoS were available to be hacked. The fact she didn't have e-mails from Obama there is pretty telling.

5 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I just read a little about the McCabe stuff. He probably should have recused himself.

But damn, if the GOP would ever step back and act unbiased for a second maybe they'd realize that the possibility Russia interfered in our elections (or maybe even colluded with a presidential campaign) is a little more important than the possibility that 8 classified e-mails of our SoS were available to be hacked. The fact she didn't have e-mails from Obama there is pretty telling.

What about the other 30,000?????

McCabe is going to be a witness for Mueller re: Comey & Trump one way or the other.

Trump/Sessions just pissed him off as he heads toward that outcome. Along with (I'm assuming) a ton of people still working inside the FBI who respect McCabe/Comey/Mueller. And you'd have to completely suspend reality to not view this as retaliation by Trump for McCabe doing his job in a proper fashion (and saying he'd have signed off on Comey's plane home after he was fired by Trump).

What an utterly petty, classless, bush league move by them. That's not surprising. But I don't understand the payoff. What do Trump/Sessions stand to gain from this? Doesn't this just blow up in their faces in relatively short order?

• Plus1 2

These people are absolutely pathetic. Sessions is a piece of garbage. Zero dignity, no moral compass, and ethically rotten to the core. Furthermore they are idiots. The optics of this are terrible any way you split it. Fortunately for them Trump supporters are not too bright.

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, Clifford Franklin said:

McCabe is going to be a witness for Mueller re: Comey & Trump one way or the other.

Trump/Sessions just pissed him off as he heads toward that outcome. Along with (I'm assuming) a ton of people still working inside the FBI who respect McCabe/Comey/Mueller. And you'd have to completely suspend reality to not view this as retaliation by Trump for McCabe doing his job in a proper fashion (and saying he'd have signed off on Comey's plane home after he was fired by Trump).

What an utterly petty, classless, bush league move by them. That's not surprising. But I don't understand the payoff. What do Trump/Sessions stand to gain from this? Doesn't this just blow up in their faces in relatively short order?

They get to say that he was fired for not being good at his job. That's it. Makes him seem like a bad witness.

They think they are extremely clever with what they are doing. But it's so transparent. Only mouth breathers are going to eat this up. Everyone else knows what it truly is.

• Plus1 1