DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

Just so we are clear here, and in relation to the posts from Trump's Cabinet thread; This isn't a witch hunt. There is more than just smoke...

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.justice.gov/opa/press-release/file/967231/download&ved=2ahUKEwjnneHEuZ7aAhVBwYMKHcrLBywQFjABegQIBxAB&usg=AOvVaw1SqdnWh8NhHrY-ZKbp_ITi

By virtue of the authority vested in me as Acting Attorney General, including 28 U.S.C. 
§§ 509, 510, and 515, in order to discharge my responsibility to provide supervision and 
management of the Department of Justice, and to ensure a full and thorough investigation of the 
Russian govemmenfs efforts to interfere in the 2016 presidential election, I hereby order as 
follows: 
(a) Robert S. Mueller III is appointed to serve as Special Counsel for the United States 
Department of Justice. 
(b) The Special Counsel is authorized to conduct the investigation confirmed by then-FBI 
Director James B. Corney
in testimony before the House Permanent Select Committee on 
Intelligence on March 20, 2017, including: 
(i) any links and/or coordination between the Russian government and individuals 
associated with the campaign of President Donald Trump; and 

(ii) any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation; and 
(iii) any other matters within the scope of 28 C.F.R. § 600.4(a). 
(c) If the Special Counsel believes it is necessary and appropriate, the Special Counsel is 
authorized to prosecute federal crimes arising from the investigation of these matters. 
(d) Sections 600.4 through 600. l 0 of Title 28 of the Code of Federal Regulations are 
applicable to the Special Counsel.

‘Lone DNC Hacker’ Revealed as Russian Intelligence Officer

Guccifer 2.0, the “lone hacker” who took credit for providing WikiLeaks with stolen emails from the Democratic National Committee, was in fact an officer of Russia’s military intelligence directorate (GRU), The Daily Beast has learned.

Trump’s longtime political adviser Roger Stone admitted being in touch with Guccifer over Twitter’s direct messaging service.

Edited by ZRod

I find his habit of trying to gain buy in on his opinions or ideas by stating that "many other people think/say this" just fascinating.  With his ego you wouldnt think he would have to use the facade, that he'd be very bold about saying something is his and his idea alone.  

• Plus1 5

I honestly can't figure out why they don't just go ahead and do this.  I believe that if Trump would fire Mueller, the vast majority of congress (including Republicans) would turn against him.  I think that would be the final straw for most.

So, why not just protect him and end the speculation?

Stop the BS and just do it.  This is even from a Republican.

Edited by BigRedBuster
  • Plus1 2