DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

57 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I honestly can't figure out why they don't just go ahead and do this.  I believe that if Trump would fire Mueller, the vast majority of congress (including Republicans) would turn against him.  I think that would be the final straw for most.

So, why not just protect him and end the speculation?

Stop the BS and just do it.  This is even from a Republican.

Because Mitch McConnell is a political coward too afraid to rock the boat.

• Plus1 1

Here's a thought on legislation to protect Mueller.

If they do that, they'll never find out if Trump would have fired him. If Trump fires him, it gives them another big reason to impeach him. I'm sure some of them who would be happy with him gone but are too cowardly to impeach him right now would welcome this.

Edited by Moiraine

Chaos reins in the WH. 

https://www.axios.com/trump-west-wing-breaking-point-mueller-396a3b43-bb09-4db7-bafd-c4dee7701cee.html

• Trump's own psyche in flux: Sources close to the president genuinely fear special counsel Robert Mueller has passed a "breaking point" for Trump. More than one person has used that phrase to us. They worry the president will fire Mueller. A former senior White House official said to me: "I just hope [inside lawyer] Ty [Cobb] and [White House counsel] Don [McGahn] can talk him down."
    • But in the next sentence, this former official sighed and acknowledged how much Trump finds McGahn irritating and has turned against him.

•  
  • Plus1 1