DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

2 hours ago, Clifford Franklin said:

I'm not really sure arguing "the president cannot be subpoenaed because he's too busy tweeting and golfing... erm, running the country" is going to fly in court.

If I ever get in trouble for something, I’m going to just say I’m too busy to bother with it. They need to leave me alone. 

Wonder how how that would work. 

Think about this the next time you hear this investigation called a "witch hunt."  From Reddit:

A republican President fired a republican head of the FBI, and is now furious with his republican Attorney General for stepping down and allowing his republican Deputy Attorney General to assign a republican former head of the FBI to lead the investigation into Russian collusion. Also so far that person has overturned evidence to a presidentially hand picked republican US Attorney for the Southern District of New York who authorized the republican President's attorney to have his office raided.

• Plus1 2

Interesting comments from a judge in the Nanafort case

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/04/politics/paul-manafort-hearing/index.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+rss%2Fcnn_latest+(RSS%3A+CNN+-+Most+Recent)

A federal judge expressed deep skepticism Friday in the bank fraud case brought by special counsel Robert Mueller's office against former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort, at one point saying he believes that Mueller's motivation is to oust President Donald Trump from office.

Although Mueller's authority has been tested in court before, Friday's hearing was notable for District Judge T.S. Ellis' decision to wade into the divisive political debate around the investigation.
"You don't really care about Mr. Manafort's bank fraud," Ellis said to prosecutor Michael Dreeben, at times losing his temper. Ellis said prosecutors were interested in Manafort because of his potential to provide material that would lead to Trump's "prosecution or impeachment," Ellis said.
"That's what you're really interested in," said Ellis, who was appointed by President Ronald Reagan.

42 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

The why doesn't matter. Innocence or guilt of the charge does. And bringing this up, as a judge, makes it hard to trust the final decision.

1 minute ago, Moiraine said:

The why doesn't matter. Innocence or guilt of the charge does. And bringing this up, as a judge, makes it hard to trust the final decision.

My guess is we'll see partisan judges up the ladder through various appeals. I think it's somewhat inevitable that this all ends up at the Supreme Court. Which is where it probably belongs, considering the level of people at play.