DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

1 hour ago, GM_Tood said:

This sounds like a load of B.S. to me. Maybe he doesn't directly own Columbus Nova(?) but see below.

From Renova's website:

Renova Group of companies

Renova Group of companies is Russias leading private business group that consists of asset management companies and direct and portfolio investment funds owning and managing assets in metals mining, oil, machine building, mining, construction development, energy, telecommunications, nanotechnologies, utilities and financial sector in Russia and abroad.

ABOUT RENOVA GROUP of companies is a leading, international, private business group that consists of asset management companies

Renova Group is a stakeholder and strategic investor in a number of world-class companies such as UC Rusal, Oerlikon, Sulzer and SCHMOLZ + BICKENBACH. The Group encompasses direct investment funds and management companies operating in a number of sectors, including energy (T Plus Group, Hevel), transport (Airports of Regions Holding company), public utilities (Russian Utility Systems), real estate (KORTROS Group), portfolio investments (Columbus Nova), telecommunications (Akado Group), chemical (Orgsyntez Group) and precious metals (Kamchatka Gold).

And for the most interesting part!

Currently, Renova's website is down. Check it out: http://www.renova.ru/en/

I had to go to wayback machine to get the above info. https://web.archive.org/web/20171021132401/http://www.renova.ru:80/en/about/

They were active from 2010 to December 2017. And then all of the sudden in 2018 they're under construction? What a coincidence...

Also:

Mr. Vekselberg attended the presidential inauguration last year

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/04/us/politics/viktor-vekselberg-mueller-investigation.html

Also, the CEO of Columbus Nova is Vekselberg's cousin.

• Plus1 3

What a world we live in where an utter dope like Michael Cohen can get a seven-figure payday from a Russian oligarch & others for ????? and a cool $200K from AT&T to tell them all the juicy gossip from inside the Trump admin. Some may buy the explanation it was for his "insight" but I do not. Remember that huge curtain between Trump's finances & the public that never got torn down when he was elected? It was left in place for a reason. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if that AT&T money flowed directly back to Trump straight up to curry favor. Which then begs the question why Cohen was funneling so much money through his shell company in the first place?

No wonder Mueller is sniffing around this. The level of graft in this administration is nuts.

• Plus1 2
8 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I just read that Cohen is the deputy finance chair for the RNC.

Man... if it looks like these people (Nunes, Ryan) are putting party before country, that might be part of why.

The RNC financial wing has had one hell of a cast of characters recently.  Just look at these guys:

Steve Wynn, Finance Chair - stepped down due to sexual misconduct allegations

Elliott Broidy, Deputy Finance Chair - resigned after sexual misconduct allegations

Micheal Cohen, National Deputy Finance Chair - currently under investigation by the Mueller team

That's a who's who of corruption. 

• Plus1 2

1 minute ago, NM11046 said:

It's really just amazing to me how stupid they all are.  They've just brazenly gotten away with their crooked, criminal activity for so long they think they're invincible.

This is Exhibit A for why you never, ever elect someone who won't be transparent about their finances.

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm super proud of Rosenstein (or whomever is making the call on this at the DOJ) resisting turning over information to Nunes.

If I'm in charge over there, I call up Nunes and am very frank letting him know I think he's completely politicized his committee & I'm no longer comfortable giving him sensitive information because I now what he'll do with it.

When thinking about the millions that have been paid to Cohen from Russian accomplices, let's not forget who the other Cohen client is.

One of THE TOP talents on Fox News has a relationship with Cohen where he claims he didn't hire him as a lawyer.  That person also has a very tight relationship with Trump to the point he flies to Mara Lago to see him.  He also has overwhelmingly supported Trump to the point of promoting false story lines.

Those same Russians, let's not forget, paid a lot of money to the NRA which then turned around and financially supported Trump very heavily.

• Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

When thinking about the millions that have been paid to Cohen from Russian accomplices, let's not forget who the other Cohen client is.

One of THE TOP talents on Fox News has a relationship with Cohen where he claims he didn't hire him as a lawyer.  That person also has a very tight relationship with Trump to the point he flies to Mara Lago to see him.  He also has overwhelmingly supported Trump to the point of promoting false story lines.

Those same Russians, let's not forget, paid a lot of money to the NRA which then turned around and financially supported Trump very heavily.

Yes but Cohen just did a 'little bit' of lawyering for Trump.  I don't know - maybe he notarized the sale of Aunt Betsy's house or something like that. :sarcasm

I wonder how deep this all goes.  You have Hannity, the Baghdad Bob of this show, Kingpin leader Trump, his lawyer and investment thugs, his campaign mgrs, Republican party leadership - Trump probably bought them out during the primaries, - Olie North, no stranger to scandal, will be the new NRA leader and he's a close friend of Hannity.  Hannity always said he didn't like investing in the stock market (too risky) - only real estate.  I wonder how much he has invested in Trump related properties.  He may be invested with the riskiest people on the planet right now - oh and Cohen only gave him off the record real estate advice. 

• Plus1 2

I wouldn't be surprised if AT&T and others do this kind of thing all the time.

Tip of the iceberg was mentioned. Money in politics is my #1 issue. It's been obvious for awhile that these giant mega corporations buy policy but it's literally right in our face with the AT&T Cohen example.

And no this is not an "everyone does it" post. For one thing, I doubt everyone gets $ from a foreign government. But I would love it if this started a chain of events that caused some big, real changes, not just for Trump.

Someone posted Trump is play chutes and ladders but I don't know about that. He still has a lot of people on his side and unfettered access to them, and the GOP, especially the House, has shown they won't act. In fact they are actively trying to stop the investigation. He could end up with no negative consequences after all is said and done, other than going straight to hell.

• Plus1 1