DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

Apparently Mueller's team has told Trump's that they can't indict a president. They can only write a report and give it to the House.

I wonder if they'll wait until after the election to get a more favorable House. They're supposed to be apolitical but if they think our country's in danger it might enter their minds. The current House has already said, in their infinite wisdom, that they don't believe the intelligence community about Russia trying to influence the election.

3 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Apparently Mueller's team has told Trump's that they can't indict a president. They can only write a report and give it to the House.

I wonder if they'll wait until after the election to get a more favorable House. They're supposed to be apolitical but if they think our country's in danger it might enter their minds. The current House has already said, in their infinite wisdom, that they don't believe the intelligence community about Russia trying to influence the election.

I'm not sure if waiting really matters. The next House can impeach Trump just the same as the current one regardless of when Mueller submits his report.

2 hours ago, Moiraine said:

I had no idea what you were talking about with not indicting a sitting president. No more than look to catch up on stuff and Rudy has already backtracked from saying that Mueller told him that.

49 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

This is horrifying, and no different than when Putin targets and kills his enemies.  

This story is kinda pissing me off. Manafort ran the campaign. Why the hell wouldn't the FBI want someone keeping tabs on it? They're supposed to protect the country, not a political candidate.

Sometimes I still can't believe this is real life. The GOP would rather let Russia have their way with us than let an asshole who slapped an R next to his name go down.

It's pretty ironic that we might be here because Comey didn't want the Clinton investigation news to come out after the election and make it look like the FBI was playing sides, so he came out with it weeks before the election. Now the GOP is s#!tting all over the FBI anyway.

• Plus1 2
14 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

This story is kinda pissing me off. Manafort ran the campaign. Why the hell wouldn't the FBI want someone keeping tabs on it? They're supposed to protect the country, not a political candidate.

Sometimes I still can't believe this is real life. The GOP would rather let Russia have their way with us than let an asshole who slapped an R next to his name go down.

It's pretty ironic that we might be here because Comey didn't want the Clinton investigation news to come out after the election and make it look like the FBI was playing sides, so he came out with it weeks before the election. Now the GOP is s#!tting all over the FBI anyway.

I will guarantee you the FBI had someone inside the Clinton campaign too.

In fact, I would be disappointed if they didn't have someone inside every Presidential campaign.

• Plus1 1

14 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Yeah, and I heard on the news yesterday that informants like this typically seek out the agency, not the other way around. Somebody in the Trump campaign likely realized they were in over their head & started working with the FBI because they went into CYA mode.

Agree on Comey. He was trying to do what he thought was best to remain impartial, but in the process he deviated from protocol & made things worse.

Here's the thing in all of this... There is something to this investigation, outside of what we have seen with the indictments so far. Informants don't just get to hang around and be protected if they have no credible information on criminal events. The fact that team Trump is doing they're damnedest to out the source and conduct damage control means they are extremely scared about what the informant knows. If there is no collusion, no criminality, and it's simply a witch hunt why is the most powerful man in the free world so scared of what one person knows?

• Plus1 4

Did you see his tactics with Chris Cuomo today?  Cuomo was referencing then played a video of him saying that Clinton could be subpoenaed (and of course now he's saying just the opposite) and Rudy's tactic (that I personally think he learned from watching that weasel Stephen Miller) was to just try and talk over the recording.  It was bizare.  And they turned off the audio of the video eventually - so it totally worked.

• Plus1 1