DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

1 hour ago, Moiraine said:

This kind of stuff belongs in movies. Our country is being run by a bunch of corrupt pieces of s#!t and being enabled by a large chunk of the GOP leadership.

Exactly.

I'm cautiously optimistic about a Blue Wave in 2018 that shifts one or both Houses of Congress, somewhat because I support more liberal policies but would settle for even more balanced centrist ideas than the crap they're slowly churning out now.

But moreso because the corruption and grifting for personal gain and abuse of power and blind fealty to the worst man (and human being, frankly) in politics in my lifetime HAVE to end. The sooner the better.

My plea to everyone is if you have even a hint of evidence your Rep is an enabler of Trump or is willing to put their party above the wellbeing of our Democracy, vote them out, and encourage those close to you to do so as well.

• Plus1 2

The craziest s#!t I've seen in my lifetime, but I have yet to see any real consequences for all this wretched behavior.

You guys are pretty cool, but many of my non-virtual Nebraska friends have bought into Trump as part of a full-scale culture war.

Our Facebook exchanges give me no hope at all. It only takes a second for the conversation to turn to Hillary Clinton, a tactic the RNC openly endorsed for the midterms. 

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Clifford Franklin said:

Exactly.

I'm cautiously optimistic about a Blue Wave in 2018 that shifts one or both Houses of Congress, somewhat because I support more liberal policies but would settle for even more balanced centrist ideas than the crap they're slowly churning out now.

I think even more important right now is the committees. The party in charge can have more committee members. Right now the intelligence committee has 13 Republicans and 9 Democrats. If the Democrats won the House, Nunes couldn't call the shots. Not sure if they can kick him out though. I'm assuming not.

11 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

The craziest s#!t I've seen in my lifetime, but I have yet to see any real consequences for all this wretched behavior.

You guys are pretty cool, but many of my non-virtual Nebraska friends have bought into Trump as part of a full-scale culture war.

Our Facebook exchanges give me no hope at all. It only takes a second for the conversation to turn to Hillary Clinton, a tactic the RNC openly endorsed for the midterms. 

I know people like this and it is impossible to reason with them. It makes me feel helpless. It's incredible to me how many of the preliminary polls for the House are close. I can't believe it was this easy to fool so many people.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

If the DOJ hadn't agreed to make it a bipartisan meeting, would the Republicans have said any of this? I'm guessing not. And they should be saying it now. By staying silent they are basically backing Trump. When it's only a Democrat who's willing to say this, it of course means nothing to many Republican voters.

• Plus1 1

6 hours ago, Landlord said:

Do you live in a white middle class bubble?

Consequences for the people behaving wretchedly. 

They don't seem to be paying any political price.

Donald Trump's approval rating just jumped 7 points, and the Dems midterm momentum has died on the vine.

• Plus1 1
On 5/8/2018 at 9:14 PM, GM_Tood said:

Not trying to pick on you - just pointing out the lie again because there's more news on it.

A Russian oligarch who was questioned by special counsel Robert Mueller and recently sanctioned by the US visited President Donald Trump's personal attorney Michael Cohen in Trump Tower during the presidential transition in January 2017, according to video reviewed by CNN.

The January 9, 2017, Trump Tower appearance by Viktor Vekselberg, which was also reported Friday by The New York Times, adds to the questions swirling over the payments to Cohen, which Mueller's team questioned Vekselberg about after the FBI stopped his private jet at a New York-area airport earlier this year.

Vekselberg, chairman of Russian asset manager Renova Group, was accompanied at Trump Tower by Andrew Intrater, who is Vekselberg's cousin and head of Columbus Nova. Vekselberg is Columbus Nova's biggest client.

But the newly discovered video shows that Vekselberg and Intrater were meeting with Cohen before that, and they were just steps away from the President-elect during the transition.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/25/politics/viktor-vekselberg-trump-tower-michael-cohen-meeting/index.html

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Consequences for the people behaving wretchedly. 

They don't seem to be paying any political price.

Donald Trump's approval rating just jumped 7 points, and the Dems midterm momentum has died on the vine.

My mistake.

I'm perplexed by the shifting approval ratings. I'm not going freak out about polling for midterms just yet, but if we as a nation decide to leave things the same or elect more Republicans I'll admit I have no idea what's going on.

At that point I'd just have to think people would rather be entertained than have competent leadership.