DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

It's extra sad to listen to those Trump voters during the focus group. 

"This investigation is a hoax by the deep state."

"We're finding out all this stuff they said Trump did, the Democrats did."

"It's been going on for a year & a half and they've found nothing."

It's depressing that there are people this susceptible to propaganda and/or this stupid out there.

-So, the deep state rigged an election only they forgot to win?

-I have no idea what the factual basis for this second one is; I'm not sure who believes the Dems colluded with Russia or obstructed justice or whatever else. This person must consume a lot of Hannity or something equally conspiratorial.

-The investigation has turned up how many indictments & guilty pleas? Also, it's not like Mueller is going to call a presser and say "Hey, yep, Trump definitely colluded, but we're only halfway done so we'll let you know more later." This is a really sh#tty talking point for a number of reasons but mostly because that's not how investigations work. You don't announce what you find as you go! It sucks but I'm guessing there's a good numbers of folks who have adopted Trump's bar of "either I colluded or I did nothing wrong and it is a witch hunt."

Like I said, the lack of critical thinking on the part of these people is depressing. 

• Plus1 2

13 hours ago, Clifford Franklin said:

It's extra sad to listen to those Trump voters during the focus group. 

"This investigation is a hoax by the deep state."

"We're finding out all this stuff they said Trump did, the Democrats did."

"It's been going on for a year & a half and they've found nothing."

It's depressing that there are people this susceptible to propaganda and/or this stupid out there.

-So, the deep state rigged an election only they forgot to win?

-I have no idea what the factual basis for this second one is; I'm not sure who believes the Dems colluded with Russia or obstructed justice or whatever else. This person must consume a lot of Hannity or something equally conspiratorial.

-The investigation has turned up how many indictments & guilty pleas? Also, it's not like Mueller is going to call a presser and say "Hey, yep, Trump definitely colluded, but we're only halfway done so we'll let you know more later." This is a really sh#tty talking point for a number of reasons but mostly because that's not how investigations work. You don't announce what you find as you go! It sucks but I'm guessing there's a good numbers of folks who have adopted Trump's bar of "either I colluded or I did nothing wrong and it is a witch hunt."

Like I said, the lack of critical thinking on the part of these people is depressing. 

Meh..... nothing more than people regurgitating soundbite phrases and not thinking for themselves. 

• Plus1 1

It's amazing to me that we're giving props for "bravery" for experts explaining the facts of the constitution.  

But I guess we're also calling out senators for not being brave enough to stand up and say something as this man takes our country off the rails.   Honesly it depresses me each morning to wake and hear about the new moves and lack of push back.

• Plus1 1

It just feels like something big is going to break soon. I have no idea what it will be, but that's just my gut feeling. It's been too quite regarding team Mueller, with too many suspicious stories coming out about Cohen, Ivanka, Jr., et al.

• Plus1 1
18 minutes ago, ZRod said:

It just feels like something big is going to break soon. I have no idea what it will be, but that's just my gut feeling. It's been too quite regarding team Mueller, with too many suspicious stories coming out about Cohen, Ivanka, Jr., et al.

Manafort is almost certainly going to jail later this week when his bail is revoked.

• Plus1 1

This should scare everyone, but shock no one.

Mueller warns that election, politics meddling by foreigners is still happening

• Special counsel Robert Mueller said Tuesday that election meddling operations are still occurring from "uncharged individuals and entities."
  • They are still engaging in operations similar to those charged in a case involving 13 Russian nationals accused of illegally interfering in the 2016 presidential election.
  • Mueller made the claim in a court filing that asked a judge to grant the special counsel's request to protect evidence in that case.

24 minutes ago, Clifford Franklin said:

Between this & turning the screws on Paulie Walnuts (Manafort) earlier in the week, they ought to have more than enough to derail the Trump Train permanantly.

I can't believe it's taken me this long to realize how much Manafort looks like a younger version of Gualtieri. Manafort just needs some white streaks in his hair.