DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

On 6/20/2018 at 8:37 PM, BigRedBuster said:

Ouch....

Pretty damming info.  Susan Rice was a terrible NSC Advisor in my opinion. 

Sen. James Risch, R-Idaho, asked about a “Russian Roulette” passage in which one of Daniel’s staff members, Daniel Prieto, recounted a staff meeting shortly after the cyber coordinator was ordered by Susan Rice, President Obama’s national security adviser, to stop his efforts and “stand down.” This order was in part because Rice feared the options would leak and “box the president in.”

“I was incredulous and in disbelief,” Prieto is quoted as saying in the book. “It took me a moment to process. In my head, I was like, did I hear that correctly?” Prieto told the authors he then spoke up, asking Daniel: “Why the hell are we standing down? Michael, can you help us understand?”

• Plus1 1

Don't be surprised if / whn Michael Cohen flips on Trump.  He has stated that family and country comes first.  Perhaps

evidence that he wants a 'deal' wt the NY southern district DA who is handling his case  - not a part of the Mueller investigation.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/michael-cohen-family-country-president-trump-loyalty/story?id=56304585

But in his first in-depth interview since the FBI raided his office and homes in April, Cohen strongly signaled his willingness to cooperate with special counsel Robert Mueller and federal prosecutors in the Southern District of New York -- even if that puts President Trump in jeopardy.

“My wife, my daughter and my son have my first loyalty and always will,” Cohen told me. “I put family and country first.”

When I asked Cohen directly what he would do if prosecutors forced him to choose between protecting the president and protecting his family, he said his family is “my first priority.”

Cohen added: “Once I understand what charges might be filed against me, if any at all, I will defer to my new counsel, Guy Petrillo, for guidance.”

But when I pointed out to Cohen that he wasn’t repeating past vows to “take a bullet” and “do anything” to protect the president, the longtime Trump loyalist left little doubt about where he stands now, saying simply: “To be crystal clear, my wife, my daughter and my son, and this country have my first loyalty.”

When I asked Cohen how he might respond if the president or his legal team come after him -- to try and discredit him and the work he did for Mr. Trump over the last decade -- he sat up straight. His voice gained strength.

“I will not be a punching bag as part of anyone’s defense strategy,” he said emphatically. “I am not a villain of this story, and I will not allow others to try to depict me that way.”

Prosecutors in New York’s Southern District are investigating Cohen for alleged violations of election law and possible financial crimes associated with his personal business dealings.

He has not been charged with any crime. But on the advice of his attorney, Cohen declined to address specific questions about matters currently under investigation.

I asked Cohen if the president directed him to make that payment or promised to reimburse him. In the past, Cohen has said that he acted on his own initiative.

Not this time.

“I want to answer. One day I will answer,” he said. “But for now, I can’t comment further on advice of my counsel.”

On issue after issue, Cohen did, however, separate himself from President Trump -– starting with the president’s criticism of how the government has conducted its investigation.

^^^There were a lot of things "said" in that article.

"I'm not a villain of this story.." : What story?  Who is the villain?

"I stand behind our intelligence services and their findings..." : so there is a story ;) ?

As far as Stormy Daniels: sounds like a lot there, for there being no "there" there....

And even about Trumps border policy:  sounds like Mr Cohen even admits Trump handled it differently than past Presidents (who knew......:sarcasm)

1 hour ago, funhusker said:

^^^There were a lot of things "said" in that article.

"I'm not a villain of this story.." : What story?  Who is the villain?

"I stand behind our intelligence services and their findings..." : so there is a story ;) ?

As far as Stormy Daniels: sounds like a lot there, for there being no "there" there....

And even about Trumps border policy:  sounds like Mr Cohen even admits Trump handled it differently than past Presidents (who knew......:sarcasm)

Get out your :snacks:and some :cheers  there will be a lot to watch as this develops.  The first thing will be that Trump will claim that Cohen was just a 2 bit lawyer he sometimes used for insignificant deals.  Defamation and disinformation will be flying off of Trump's twitter page.

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, TGHusker said:

Get out your :snacks:and some :cheers  there will be a lot to watch as this develops.  The first thing will be that Trump will claim that Cohen was just a 2 bit lawyer he sometimes used for insignificant deals.  Defamation and disinformation will be flying off of Trump's twitter page.

Kind of like how Paul Manafort "played a very limited role for a very limited amount of time" in regards to the Trump campaign.

• Plus1 1

Little off-topic, but I definitely got a letter delivered today shipped to me fro m a Ukrainian zip code with Ukrainian stamps on it. Couldn't read much from the return address so I googled it - apparently it's from a place called Kryvyi Rih which is one of the larger cities there. Thing is, it's written on the return address as "Krivoy Rog," which is the Russian spelling.

I can feel something small & hard inside. 

Curious what's in there. Not really sure I want to open it.

1 hour ago, Clifford Franklin said:

Little off-topic, but I definitely got a letter delivered today shipped to me fro m a Ukrainian zip code with Ukrainian stamps on it. Couldn't read much from the return address so I googled it - apparently it's from a place called Kryvyi Rih which is one of the larger cities there. Thing is, it's written on the return address as "Krivoy Rog," which is the Russian spelling.

it's your pollonium (sp?)...errr...russian tea.   enjoy.

1 hour ago, Clifford Franklin said:

Image result for i'm fairly alarmed here meme

Kind of what I'm thinking.

I mean, I've been fairly bold in my flaming of Russia & Vlad in particular online, so I'm pretty sure it's in my own best interests to keep that envelope sealed. Is there anywhere I could take the thing to have it safely opened to make sure I'm not about to get Anthraxed or something?

16 minutes ago, Clifford Franklin said:

Kind of what I'm thinking.

I mean, I've been fairly bold in my flaming of Russia & Vlad in particular online, so I'm pretty sure it's in my own best interests to keep that envelope sealed. Is there anywhere I could take the thing to have it safely opened to make sure I'm not about to get Anthraxed or something?

Police

But....if Russia was going to send Anthrax to you to poison you because of your criticism of them.....it wouldn't be in an envelope from Russia.