DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

On 7/9/2018 at 12:52 PM, Clifford Franklin said:

Kind of what I'm thinking.

I mean, I've been fairly bold in my flaming of Russia & Vlad in particular online, so I'm pretty sure it's in my own best interests to keep that envelope sealed. Is there anywhere I could take the thing to have it safely opened to make sure I'm not about to get Anthraxed or something?

Update:

Took it to the police station the other day and had an officer open it up for me. Inside was some graph paper and what appeared to be some small seeds in a plastic baggie looking thing.

Pretty weird but we had no idea what it was. I took it to the Post Office to see if they had any further information about the address but they didn't. I left it with the Postal Inspector and went on about my way.

It seems they didn't get me yet. ;)

• Plus1 1
9 hours ago, commando said:

did he just admit that the FBI does have damning info on trump?   or am i reading too much into it?

It could just be the dossier. And if they had even mentioned they were investigating him it might have changed the outcome.

5 hours ago, commando said:

i wonder who it will be?

Maybe that congressman that wanted info that the Russians hacked?   that would be entertaining in the saddest way possible to have a congressman indicted 

The chances that President Trump will be impeached are rising, according to one Irish bookmaker, one day after Trump refused to denounce Russian meddling in the 2016 election following a meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin. 

Paddy Power increased the likelihood of Trump being impeached on Tuesday from 8-1 to 2-1, according to Yahoo News. The news outlet first reported that the betting company also increased the likelihood of Trump being impeached this year, from 12-1 to 8-1.

"After the carnage of the last few days, we’ve seen plenty of punters Putin money on Trump’s impeachment again — although I’m sure they’ll soon get a message, in Russian, urging them to stop," a Paddy Power spokesman told Yahoo News. The odds of Trump's impeachment increasing comes after his high-stakes summit with Putin in Finland, where he drew widespread condemnation for the comments he made during a joint press conference. 

Among other things, Trump slammed special counsel Robert Mueller's probe into Russian meddling in the 2016 election as a "disaster" and said he had no reason to think Moscow interfered — a comment that runs counter to the U.S. intelligence community's assessments. 

Rep. Eric Swalwell (D-Calif.), a member of the House Judiciary Committee, told The Hill on Monday that it was "premature" to discuss Trump's impeachment. 

"We should do all we can to make sure that he’s held accountable, that we conduct the investigations the Republicans have been unwilling to do.” Swalwell said. “If impeachment is the case, it’s because we found impenetrable evidence that we take to the American people and will be accepted by both Republicans and Democrats."

It is unconscionable that there isn't legislation out there to protect Mueller's investigation. Anyone could have put that legislation forward at any time. The fact that none of them have done it yet means they're all - everyone in congress - more worried about keeping their jobs than doing their jobs.

• Plus1 2