DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

We've gone from "no collusion" to "collusion is not a crime."

Anyone still supporting this guy is lying to themselves.

What really pisses me off is they've been fairly successful in setting the terms of the debate on the matter.

I mean, I assume nobody here is fooled by this. Grandpa Bad Grammar is just throwing crap at the wall to see what sticks.

But they exploit all the millions of people (a majority, probably) who don't have the time or the desire to follow each update in the Russia investigations. These people just pick up on major updates. Hell, many folks probably just view this through the prism of what the president has to say about it. Meaning they're exclusively seeing the investigation as a witch hunt by Democrats, sour grapes about losing an election, a coup by the deep state, blah blah blah.

Think about it. They've set the bar for bad at collusion by repeating it ad nauseum. Now everyone seemingly knows the word and there are millions of Americans who think unless collusion happened, nothing bad happened. No they're trying to say even that doesn't matter.

Look at this poll of Republicans: "Who do you trust for accurate information?" Trump 73%, friends and family 61%, mainstream media 20%.The margins among strong Trump supports are even more absurd. That sample of Republicans trusts Trump more than their friends or family for facts and info!

What's sad is they're just wearing people down with their BS on the subject and it appears to be working.

• Plus1 4

56 minutes ago, QMany said:

I have no doubt Mueller will refer or recommend an impeachable offense. 

I have no doubt the DOJ & GOP will neglect their duties in regards to that recommendation. 

You’re probably right. Not sure on the DOJ, but if the Democrats win the House they need 15 or so Republican senators to convict him. I can see it happening in 2021 when the Democrats will have had a better map in 2020.

10 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

You’re probably right. Not sure on the DOJ, but if the Democrats win the House they need 15 or so Republican senators to convict him. I can see it happening in 2021 when the Democrats will have had a better map in 2020.

If that blue wave materializes at the polls this fall, then the more moderate Republicans (the ones that are left, at any rate) will read the room and vote no problem. Plus, it gives them an even bigger misguided mayo-headed Thumper in Pence, which may end up doing more harm domestically (though it should smooth over issues internationally...)

21 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

If that blue wave materializes at the polls this fall, then the more moderate Republicans (the ones that are left, at any rate) will read the room and vote no problem. Plus, it gives them an even bigger misguided mayo-headed Thumper in Pence, which may end up doing more harm domestically (though it should smooth over issues internationally...)

Not sure. Depends how scared they are of Trump voters.

And ya, I’m not looking forward to Pence, but I think it lessens the danger. However I worry that he has a better chance of winning the 2020 election than Trump. On the other hand a fear a coup a lot less with Pence if he loses.

4 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Not sure. Depends how scared they are of Trump voters.

And ya, I’m not looking forward to Pence, but I think it lessens the danger. However I worry that he has a better chance of winning the 2020 election than Trump. On the other hand a fear a coup a lot less with Pence if he loses.

Pence is a terrible politician and has the same likability problem as Hillary. Pence wouldn't even win the nomination if the Repubs hold a primary.

5 minutes ago, Clifford Franklin said:

Should we care that the president is asking his AG to terminate the investigation into whether he aided and abetted a hostile foreign nation or obstructed justice?

I guess Saturday Night Massacres don't count if it's just the crazy president tweeting them out, right?

So when I was 18 and drinking in cornfields and ran from the cops, I wasn't "resisting arrest".  I was simply "fighting back".

Image result for oh okay

• Plus1 3
6 hours ago, TGHusker said:

Funny how Pence can be so forceful in denouncing Russian meddling and Trump not so much.  Makes one think Trump thinks otherwise and

perhaps has a vested interest in not being so forceful. 

http://www.mcall.com/news/nationworld/ct-pence-condemns-russian-interference-20180731-story.html#

Gearin' up for the big job to open up.