DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

I guess if i'm in Trumps position, instead of spending a HUGE amount of time and energy trying to paint everything ask a fake witch hunt , derail the investigation, blame the Democrats, cry on twitter,  etc I would want prove my innocence beyond any doubt. Here are my tax returns, financial records and any other pertinent info you request about me. Since  I've done nothing wrong , reviewing my records, and bringing the investigation to a close will be easy. 

I just don't think that's the case though. I think Mueller is slowly picking his way through a tangled web of lies, dirty deals, and shady people that will eventually include Trump. I believe Trump knows he has something to hide,  knows Mueller will find it,  and knows it will ruin him. Hes going to do whatever it takes to keep that from happening.     

• Plus1 1
13 minutes ago, Big Red 40 said:

I guess if i'm in Trumps position, instead of spending a HUGE amount of time and energy trying to paint everything ask a fake witch hunt , derail the investigation, blame the Democrats, cry on twitter,  etc I would want prove my innocence beyond any doubt. Here are my tax returns, financial records and any other pertinent info you request about me. Since  I've done nothing wrong , reviewing my records, and bringing the investigation to a close will be easy. 

I just don't think that's the case though. I think Mueller is slowly picking his way through a tangled web of lies, dirty deals, and shady people that will eventually include Trump. I believe Trump knows he has something to hide,  knows Mueller will find it,  and knows it will ruin him. Hes going to do whatever it takes to keep that from happening.     

That all would be easy to do as long as you weren't doing this also.

• Plus1 2
11 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I wonder how much of this money ended up in the Trump campaign. 

I wonder if they have nothing on Trump or he's just not supposed to talk about it right now.

Regardless, I think Trump is grossly incompetent for allowing them close to him and his campaign. (and then there's the witch hunt s#!t he spews).

2 hours ago, Moiraine said:

I wonder if they have nothing on Trump or he's just not supposed to talk about it right now.

Regardless, I think Trump is grossly incompetent for allowing them close to him and his campaign. (and then there's the witch hunt s#!t he spews).

The trial itself has nothing to do with their work for Trump. It's exclusively about Manafort's lobbying business, in which Gates was a partner, in which they apparently did a lot of crimes.

But boy, none of this looks good for Manafort. Seems like they presented a ton of evidence against him. Sounds like the defense will try to label Gates a liar and ?????. I have no idea what the rest of their defense is. 

But they both know a TON about what went on behind the scenes from Trump's nomination all the way past his inauguration. Manafort may choose to live the remainder of his life in jail or hope for a pardon (as opposed to a nice cup of polonium tea), but Gates is trying to leverage a better deal for himself and presumably told Mueller whatever he knows.

And yeah, Trump is obviously an atrocious judge of character. I think he just doesn't care. Probably views it as another middle finger to people he doesn't like.

14 hours ago, Clifford Franklin said:

And yeah, Trump is obviously an atrocious judge of character. I think he just doesn't care. Probably views it as another middle finger to people he doesn't like.

Trump is a narcissist, character means something else to him.  Just like "fake news" is all news that doesn't try to make it look like the sun shines out his ass,  people with good character are people that can do something for him and are 'loyal' to him, doesn't matter if they are actually criminals.

• Plus1 2

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

To be perfectly honest.....I've said the same thing.

This alone is not damning.  (talking about the quote in the tweet.)

I've said the same thing as well - I just thought it was funny. But when I said it, I was on the hook for a few hundred dollars. I'm guessing Manafort probably owed a bit more.

21 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

To be perfectly honest.....I've said the same thing.

This alone is not damning.  (talking about the quote in the tweet.)

I don’t think it’s supposed to be. It goes with his false tax returns and not disclosing foreign accounts.