DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

Trump has tweeted a not so veiled threat to fire Mueller.  As Mueller gets closer and closer and Trump's a.. gets hotter and hotter -

I think he will boil over to the point of firing Mueller.   If this occurs before the Nov elections - there will be a massive voter

backlash if Trump shuts down the investigation and congress does nothing in return.  If I were Mueller (obviously I don't have his info - so let me daydream here), this is my strategery (thanks SNL & GWB for that word)I would try to release some 'bombshell' before the election - by end of Sept - to put pressure on Congress to chose their sides - Stand wt Trump or

Stand wt Truth.  Then let the voters decide.   If said bombshell occurs after the election, then congress and Trump can ride the turmoil until 2020 and do nothing if they choose.

https://nypost.com/2018/08/09/did-trump-just-hint-at-firing-mueller/

“This is an illegally brought Rigged Witch Hunt run by people who are totally corrupt and/or conflicted. It was started and paid for by Crooked Hillary and the Democrats. Phony Dossier, FISA disgrace and so many lying and dishonest people already fired. 17 Angry Dems? Stay tuned!” he tweeted.

While the meaning of “Stay tuned!” was not immediately clear, the conservative media websites Daily Caller and Breitbart speculated that it meant that Mueller — a Republican appointed by a Republican — or members of his team could be toast.

“Donald Trump: ‘Stay Tuned’ Whether Democrats on Russia Investigation Will Be Fired,” the lead headline on Breitbart read shortly after Trump’s tweet.

• Plus1 1

Any way you slice it, this dude was fired for having an opinion. It's surely not a politically popular opinion to express in THIS government, but an opinion nonetheless. No one has found it affected his work and he's denied that it did. 

But he was fired nonetheless. Presumably because the president either believes a conservative fever dream about a malevolent deep state out to get him or because he just wanted to be vindictive and punish him for his opinion. So he either buys into netball conspiracy theories or he's a small, petty man. Or both.

This is something that should bother people.

• Plus1 2

3 hours ago, Clifford Franklin said:

Any way you slice it, this dude was fired for having an opinion. It's surely not a politically popular opinion to express in THIS government, but an opinion nonetheless. No one has found it affected his work and he's denied that it did. 

But he was fired nonetheless. Presumably because the president either believes a conservative fever dream about a malevolent deep state out to get him or because he just wanted to be vindictive and punish him for his opinion. So he either buys into netball conspiracy theories or he's a small, petty man. Or both.

This is something that should bother people.

Didn't he do it using an FBI phone? I'm not in the FBI but I'm not dumb enough to have done that. I don't do any personal communications using my work e-mail and my job is much less important. If I was his boss I would be pissed off at him and would have fired him sooner. He caused people to think they're vindicated in questioning the FBI. He had every right to want to "get" Trump (using legal means) since Trump is a danger to the country, but he shouldn't have been talking about it on a work phone.

1 hour ago, Moiraine said:

Didn't he do it using an FBI phone? I'm not in the FBI but I'm not dumb enough to have done that. I don't do any personal communications using my work e-mail and my job is much less important. If I was his boss I would be pissed off at him and would have fired him sooner. He caused people to think they're vindicated in questioning the FBI. He had every right to want to "get" Trump (using legal means) since Trump is a danger to the country, but he shouldn't have been talking about it on a work phone.

True, but they were using their work phones to hide the affair from their spouses. All around not a good idea.

1 hour ago, Landlord said:

This is a fake account (quite important to not, even mistakenly/innocently/supposedly "harmlessly" spread false information)

It is indeed a fake account, and that's my mistake.

Even so, I find the logic hard to argue with. Though I didn't know he was communicating the stuff with official FBI phones. That was pretty dumb. 

We can argue whether it's cause for termination, but I think it's pretty clear why the guy was actually fired.

• Plus1 1