DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

4 minutes ago, commando said:

isn't this interesting.  russians talking about who is going to lose security clearance 2 days before trump drafted his list.  i cant get the google translate to embed   but check it out on your own.

"Ex-CIA directors John Brennan and Michael Hayden, ex-FBI director James Komi and his deputy Andrew McCabe, ex-director of the National Intelligence Service James Clapper, ex-national security adviser Susan Rice say goodbye to access to classified materials."

• Plus1 1
12 minutes ago, ZRod said:

I heard yesterday the letter of review or whatever was dated in July. So quite a few people probably knew about this for some time.

the russians were talking about it on the 24th.    trumps letter was dated the 26th.  the news broke yesterday.

1 hour ago, commando said:

the russians were talking about it on the 24th.    trumps letter was dated the 26th.  the news broke yesterday.

There's some speculation that this was planned ahead of time and strategically released to distract from the current news cycle.

The White House on Wednesday released two versions of the statement revoking former CIA Director John Brennan's security clearance, one undated and one dated July 26 that suggested Brennan's clearance had been removed weeks before the announcement.

The White House indicated the dated statement, which was issued to White House TV pool reporters, was issued in error.

"Today is the date of the revocation," a White House official told The Hill.

CNN's Kate Bennett tweeted the copy dated July 26, speculating that the White House had held back news about Brennan in order to distract attention from other stories.

"Wait a second, it's almost as though they were holding it in case something else broke ... nah," Bennett tweeted.

A second, identical statement issued minutes later to White House print pool reporters was undated.

• Plus1 1

Rebuke of Trump by Navy Seal commander .  I heard today someone commenting that Mueller could add this (removing security clearance for John Brennan) to the list of items he is reviewing  - as it appears Trump is trying to silence his critics like he did wt Comey.   I'm not a Brennan fan as I think he is a publicity hound but Trump did himself no favors wt this action.

'You have embarrassed us in the eyes of our children': Navy SEAL who oversaw the Osama bin Laden raid rebukes Trump in stunning opinion column

https://www.businessinsider.com/navy-seal-william-mcraven-trump-security-clearance-2018-8?amp%3Butm_medium=referral

• Plus1 1
On 8/16/2018 at 7:30 AM, commando said:

isn't this interesting.  russians talking about who is going to lose security clearance 2 days before trump drafted his list.  i cant get the google translate to embed   but check it out on your own.

How do you spell Manchurian president .....  Trump

“I think the whole Manafort trial is very sad,” Trump told reporters Friday before departing the White House for a fundraiser in New York. “I think it is a very sad day for our country. He worked for me for a very short period of time. But, you know what, he happens to be a very good person. And I think it’s very sad what they’ve done to Paul Manafort.”

Yes it’s very sad he was working for the Russians and helped get a pro-Putin president elected in Ukraine and his opponent jailed and you’re too much of a dumbf*** to realize someone complimenting you doesn’t mean they’re a good person. It just means you’re easy for foreign governments to get close to and influence. 

Nothing is ever Trump’s fault. No one who’s ever been associated with Trump is ever at fault - unless they turn on him.

Yanukovych and members of his party during the parliamentary elections of 2006 and 2007, seeking to soften the edges of politicians from the rough industrial cities in Ukraine’s southeast,” wrote my colleagues at The Washington Post last August, when Ukrainian investigators discovered a “black ledger” showing $12.7 million in apparent payments to Manafort between 2007 and 2012 by Yanukovych’s party.

Manafort's firm did not just work with Yanukovych on domestic politics. Its lobbying on Yanukovych's behalf in Western capitals is why the lack of Foreign Agents Registration Act compliance is mentioned in Mueller's indictment.

In Washington, Manafort worked to promote Yanukovych as a pro-Western democrat. But in 2014, Yanukovych was deposed by a popular uprising fueled by anger at his alleged corruption, authoritarianism and preference for Putin over the European Union. Yanukovych fled to Russia and is wanted in Ukraine on charges of high treason

What a great man.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2017/10/30/who-did-manafort-and-gates-work-for-in-ukraine-and-russia/

• Plus1 3