DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

6 hours ago, TGHusker said:

Manafort may need a 'food taster' from now on.    Talk about a rock and a hard place.

I heard/read somewhere that Manafort mentioned taking the plea deal to get protection for his family, which at the time I thought was overly dramatic, but I wasn't thinking of the Russians.

• Plus1 1

5 hours ago, RedDenver said:

I heard/read somewhere that Manafort mentioned taking the plea deal to get protection for his family, which at the time I thought was overly dramatic, but I wasn't thinking of the Russians.

I was actually thinking it was more to secure what finances he had left, and make sure his family wouldn't be left in the cold so to speak. That and a cover for, I'm pretty much broke now from the first trial.

• Plus1 1

5 minutes ago, LumberJackSker said:

I'm just waiting for Trump to say that the reason he was working with the Russians is because he was trying to spy on them. Then all the Republicans will call him a hero.

Yes. Clearly he was trying to get intel on Putin, since Obummer wasn't doing his job.

• Haha 2
16 hours ago, RedDenver said:

Yes, that word 'protection' popped into my head also.  At this point care for him family trumps Trump.  I think he is primarily thinking of financial but the other kind of protection might be vital in this situation.