NM11046

DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

Wrong.

It's both.

But keep wearing your blindfold and thinking none of this matters.

Coming from those who are grasping at some Russian conspiracy for how many weeks now with zero concrete evidence.

But by all means continue.....

Were you a "Lock her up" kind of guy? I get the impression you were. That was grasping. Here we have increasingly condemning information emerging on a very regular basis. Things are not going to end well for this administration.

Case closed. With information like this, it's clearly a hoax.

Is this just some random guy on twitter because that's what it looks like?

he is 1 of the truthers telling us about the "deep government"

Flynn now seeking immunity. Vet his testimony and if he has something worth protecting then make him a deal and put him on the stand.

• Upvote 2

if there is nothing to hide and this is all a witch hunt...why would the wh drag this out and deny deny deny instead of encouraging the investigation to go as fast as possible so they can hurry up and get the evidence out there that it is all really just a witch hunt and discredit and disgrace the dems?

if there is nothing to hide and this is all a witch hunt...why would the wh drag this out and deny deny deny instead of encouraging the investigation to go as fast as possible so they can hurry up and get the evidence out there that it is all really just a witch hunt and discredit and disgrace the dems?

I'm swinging between "WTF are they doing? These are criminals! They've put us all in danger. Why is there no sense of urgency?" and "Take your time, do it right - dot all the "i's" and cross all the "t's"

So either Flynn has nothing of value, or he has so much that the FBI wants to bury him. Get your popcorn ready...

Just going on what two guys on CNN were saying this morning. They both had worked in the intel/FBI industry. If I remember right, they both said they wouldn't accept the offer to have him testify and give him immunity. They claimed they would let the FBI finish their investigation before anything is offered.

Not sure if I've said this out loud here yet or not, but I think we are going to find out there are many unnamed (and maybe named someday) national heros fighting to do the right thing.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/obama-officials-made-list-russia-probe-documents-keep-them-safe-n741146?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_np

Also I reread some of the details from Watergate this morning, I'd forgotten that DeepThroat was such a higher up at the FBI.

So either Flynn has nothing of value, or he has so much that the FBI wants to bury him. Get your popcorn ready...

I'm guessing he has nothing.

If he had valuable information, they'd cut a deal with him in a heartbeat.

You know, we could save a TON of money if we just conducted the presidency entered on Twitter and Fox News.

Any idea how much it COSTS to staff and maintain the entire White House & DC? It's not pretty, folks. Bigly costs.

We could really start chipping away at that deficit. It's just more efficient, if you think about it. Under budget and ahead of schedule...

• Upvote 1

I can't believe it took me until now to realize that Betsy DeVos and Erik Prince are siblings. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle would be disappointed in my sleuthing abilities.

If this was a Democratic presidency the Republicans would have hauled everyone in, including the president, to testify by now.

Half this country has lost its mind. Half this country loves their party more than their homeland.

Hypocrites.

• Upvote 6

If this was a Democratic presidency the Republicans would have hauled everyone in, including the president, to testify by now.

Half this country has lost its mind. Half this country loves their party more than their homeland.

Hypocrites.

What about the half you left out?

Sorry I went through non-voucher public education...

Can you believe after watching his father's issues that he and his dad still tweet at all? I don't care for any of them, but at least the blonde son (who I understand went a very long time not speaking to Donald after he cheated on mom w/Marla) and the daughter at least have some sense about what they put out there.

The real scandal is exploding now. The Obamas and Clintons and their cohorts are in DEEP legal trouble. There is nothing to the Trump/Russia connection which was a complete concoction by the Obama/Clinton gang to trash Trump in an effort to win the election. LOL It didn't work just as the other fake news slanderous stuff put out all through the campaign, etc.

The Dems been united like the Mormon Tabernacle Choir in one voice calling for the 'investigation' of the Trump people and all their 'ties' to the Russians. As we know, the Obama admin was leaking anything and everything they had or could even make up out of thin air accusing many fine people of some kind of undescribed mysterious "collusion" or similar vague suggestive terms about plotting to somehow influence or change the election. LOL Thus we can all safely conclude if there was anything, we'd already have read about in every major newspaper and liberal media source out there. Instead, we have absolutely NOTHING. But we now know, thanks to the detailed admissions of National Security Advisor (2nd only to President Obama himself in this realm) as well as the Deputy Assistant Sec of Defense (who wasn't even employed by the Whitehouse during the entire time period but she knew it all anyway), that this scandalous and criminal Obama 'investigation' (btw the Whitehouse has absolutely ZERO legal investigatory powers), was going on for over a year before the election. It is quite reasonable based on the history of the Obama/Clinton crowd that these 'investigations' (tax files, IRS targeting, James Rosen, etc etc etc.) would have been doing thise sort of unlawful and improper spying/investigating/wiretapping/eavesdropping/surveillance for decades.

This investigation that the Dems have been screaming for is now coming full speed ahead and the Dems will be calling for it to stop by tomorrow no doubt. The criminals are in trouble and the electronic 'paper' trail will identify them all. Sadly, many Americans would have preferred to keep all this dirty laundry in the closet and continue pretending that our government and its political 'leaders' would not do any of these nasty things. Some of us have known better for many years. For me, it is a great relief to see all this finally come out and the people will learn the real truth. The fake news will be a lot harder to peddle by the liberal biased media as this story unfolds. To salvage any of their pitiful reputations, they better decide which side of the truth they want to be rememberd for being on - this is the defining moment in American history.

This will be the biggest scandal in American political history, ranking up there with Tea Pot dome and the FDR Supreme Court 'packing' plot.

• Upvote 1

The real scandal is exploding now. The Obamas and Clintons and their cohorts are in DEEP legal trouble. There is nothing to the Trump/Russia connection which was a complete concoction by the Obama/Clinton gang to trash Trump in an effort to win the election. LOL It didn't work just as the other fake news slanderous stuff put out all through the campaign, etc.

The Dems been united like the Mormon Tabernacle Choir in one voice calling for the 'investigation' of the Trump people and all their 'ties' to the Russians. As we know, the Obama admin was leaking anything and everything they had or could even make up out of thin air accusing many fine people of some kind of undescribed mysterious "collusion" or similar vague suggestive terms about plotting to somehow influence or change the election. LOL Thus we can all safely conclude if there was anything, we'd already have read about in every major newspaper and liberal media source out there. Instead, we have absolutely NOTHING. But we now know, thanks to the detailed admissions of National Security Advisor (2nd only to President Obama himself in this realm) as well as the Deputy Assistant Sec of Defense (who wasn't even employed by the Whitehouse during the entire time period but she knew it all anyway), that this scandalous and criminal Obama 'investigation' (btw the Whitehouse has absolutely ZERO legal investigatory powers), was going on for over a year before the election. It is quite reasonable based on the history of the Obama/Clinton crowd that these 'investigations' (tax files, IRS targeting, James Rosen, etc etc etc.) would have been doing thise sort of unlawful and improper spying/investigating/wiretapping/eavesdropping/surveillance for decades.

This investigation that the Dems have been screaming for is now coming full speed ahead and the Dems will be calling for it to stop by tomorrow no doubt. The criminals are in trouble and the electronic 'paper' trail will identify them all. Sadly, many Americans would have preferred to keep all this dirty laundry in the closet and continue pretending that our government and its political 'leaders' would not do any of these nasty things. Some of us have known better for many years. For me, it is a great relief to see all this finally come out and the people will learn the real truth. The fake news will be a lot harder to peddle by the liberal biased media as this story unfolds. To salvage any of their pitiful reputations, they better decide which side of the truth they want to be rememberd for being on - this is the defining moment in American history.

This will be the biggest scandal in American political history, ranking up there with Tea Pot dome and the FDR Supreme Court 'packing' plot.

i swear that is exactly what Rush was saying today.

• Upvote 1

LOLZ

• Upvote 1

The baffling thing is he is an educated individual.

Says who?

I'm the pope. I have a pointy hat. Where does that get anyone?

If Susan Rice was unmasking names months ago, why don't they have any tenable proof of collusion with Russia or solid credible leads? The MSM are perfectly willing to throw the curtain back on the (allegedly) BS government overreach that went on under Obama's "Most Transparent Government Ever" in an attempt to catch Trump in anything, which is objectively awful for all of us. Because failing to get in front of this just means that Trump and anyone who comes after are free to do this to their opponents at will. Then its just "business as usual".

I want this over with. Drop the hammer on Trump with proof or explain there is no credible evidence of collusion and move on to the hacking claims.

If Susan Rice was unmasking names months ago, why don't they have any tenable proof of collusion with Russia or solid credible leads? The MSM are perfectly willing to throw the curtain back on the (allegedly) BS government overreach that went on under Obama's "Most Transparent Government Ever" in an attempt to catch Trump in anything, which is objectively awful for all of us. Because failing to get in front of this just means that Trump and anyone who comes after are free to do this to their opponents at will. Then its just "business as usual".
I want this over with. Drop the hammer on Trump with proof or explain there is no credible evidence of collusion and move on to the hacking claims.

I want it over too.

But, there are some very significant people to testify yet and the investigation isn't over. These things take time. Just for reference, the Pentagon Papers that started the Watergate investigation were leaked on July 1st 1971. Congress didn't move to impeach Nixon till July of 1974. Nixon didn't resign till August 9th 1974. That's 3 years later and we are only two months into this.

Buckle up buttercup. It's possibly going to be a long ride.

Just because something hasn't happened yet, doesn't mean there isn't something there that needs to be acted upon.

• Upvote 2

There's a difference between healthy skepticism of the media and paranoia. The latter helps autocrats stay in power. Stop with the "mainstream media" nonsense. The ONLY thing that does is limit a person's intake of news by demonizing all but a narrow band of sources.

If the only place you get your news is from conservative media, or friends who only consume conservative media, how do you expect to be anything other than a conservative media drone?

Is that what the goal is here, to exist in an echo chamber of safe thoughts and ideas? Because those ideas are being warped, badly, but conservative media. They do not represent the ideals of Reagan or Bush that so many conservative Americans believe they adhere to.

• Upvote 4

http://www.newyorker.com/news/ryan-lizza/susan-rice-and-the-latest-bogus-attempt-to-justify-trumps-wiretapping-tweet

The scandal now is supposed to be that the names of Trump associates made it into these reports at all. The N.S.A., whose main job is signals intelligence—tapping phones and intercepting e-mail and other kinds of electronic communications—has wide latitude to legally spy on foreigners. But oftentimes foreigners are talking to or about Americans, who are not legal targets of N.S.A. surveillance. The agency has safeguards to protect the privacy of those Americans who are incidentally swept up in the legal surveillance of foreigners.

As Rogers explained in his March 20th testimony, the first step is to determine whether the intercepted communication has “intelligence value.” He said, “We’ll ask ourselves, is there criminal activity involved, is there a threat, potential threat or harm to U.S. individuals being discussed in a conversation?” If the N.S.A. determines that the information doesn’t have value, it purges the data. If it determines that it does, it masks the identity of the Americans before circulating the intelligence. If a policymaker wants to unmask the identity of a redacted name that she comes across in a report, so she can better understand the intelligence, she can make that request to the N.S.A.

Yesterday, several right-leaning outlets reported that some of the materials shared with Nunes and Schiff showed that Susan Rice made unmasking requests that revealed the identities of Trump associates. This news is being treated as a full-blown intelligence scandal on conservative talk radio and Fox News. Naturally, Trump tweeted about it and Spicer emphasized the news during his briefing.

Good to clarify what we are talking about here. There is a separate discussion -- about the NSA's powers and lattitude -- which is worth having.

This is different than the claim that this is an example of being targeted.

It should be clear enough by now that this administration has a habit of trying to manufacture scandals for their political opponents. How much credence we continue to give to that is a direct reflection of how much we're helping the autocrats.

There's a difference between healthy skepticism of the media and paranoia. The latter helps autocrats stay in power. Stop with the "mainstream media" nonsense. The ONLY thing that does is limit a person's intake of news by demonizing all but a narrow band of sources.

If the only place you get your news is from conservative media, or friends who only consume conservative media, how do you expect to be anything other than a conservative media drone?

Is that what the goal is here, to exist in an echo chamber of safe thoughts and ideas? Because those ideas are being warped, badly, but conservative media. They do not represent the ideals of Reagan or Bush that so many conservative Americans believe they adhere to.

I watch news channels such as CNN, MSNBC, Fox, and Cheddar on a daily basis. Anyone should be able to see the difference in the way news is reported/not reported on certain channels.

The goal should be to present factual/non-biased information to the American public. Can anyone here please provide us an outlet that you believe has the US citizens best interest at heart?

But anyways...I'll patiently wait for the Trump/Russia investigation findings to pass judgement.

I watch news channels such as CNN, MSNBC, Fox, and Cheddar on a daily basis. Anyone should be able to see the difference in the way news is reported/not reported on certain channels.

The goal should be to present factual/non-biased information to the American public. Can anyone here please provide us an outlet that you believe has the US citizens best interest at heart?

But anyways...I'll patiently wait for the Trump/Russia investigation findings to pass judgement.

Which one of those sources do you trust/rely on the most?

The goal should be to present factual/non-biased information to the American public.

There's no such thing.

Which one of those sources do you trust/rely on the most?

That's a tough one. I guess my honest answer would be none. Each outlet (as LOMS stated above) has some hidden agenda behind their reporting.

I would say my daily viewing habit would be Cheddar from 7:30-8:30, a mix of CNN/Fox/CNBC 11-1, and evening is a combo as there are certain anchors on each channel (Lemon, O'Reilly, Maddow) I cant stand, regardless of the story.

That's a lot of hours of cable news. Every day?

Working from home allows for some extra TV watching. ;)

Can anyone here please provide us an outlet that you believe has the US citizens best interest at heart?

PBS Newshour. I also feel the nightly cable news does a pretty good job. Those are about the most objective I can think of.

Good, low-biased news sources: Reuters (a personal favorite), the AP, Gallup, World News Network, PolitifFact, USA Today, all of whom I check for news & info. I use Snopes to fact-check, and I frequently look at headlines from about twenty papers across the country on Twitter, both liberal & conservative, to keep up with what folks are saying. I also have, recently, been looking at Fox News' front page to see why people here are saying the things they're saying. That's proved pretty educational.

I have the JournalStar, World Herald, CNN & the BBC bookmarked on my computers, although CNN as a leading news source has faded and I mostly use them out of familiarity.

The trick isn't to find an unbiased news source. News outlets are businesses and are subject to bias related to their bottom line. The trick is to get a variety of news and use common sense and fact-checking to sift through the BS.

EDIT - another trick is to not BS yourself. Know yourself, know your biases, and understand when you're being too attracted to sources that fit your biases. That's something way easier said than done, and I'm not pretending I successfully do that. I try.

• Upvote 3

It doesn't matter if 1,000 "leftwing activist groups" file accusations against him. So what? If none of the accusations are true, you have no reason to step down.

It's not the questions that are the problem. It's Nunes' own damned actions for which he won't take responsibility. I don't care who pulled a stunt like Nunes did with his briefings, they'd be compromised.

LOCK HER UP crowd, where you at? Hypocrite police, where you at?

• Upvote 4