DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

I've been following this Jared Yates Sexton ever since the story broke. Entertaining stuff...

I went back a few days and started reading his timeline. He is saying/implying that Manafort basically traded Trump lessening Russian sanctions for Russian help in hacking Clinton/DNC emails, twitter bots, and fake news plants. And he is saying that there is no way this was a one off meeting.

If all of that is true

• Fire 2

Here's a handy timeline of events (that starts at the 2013 Miss Universe pageant!!!) of Trump's Russia involvement.

What happened and when: The timeline leading up to Donald Trump Jr.’s fateful meeting

From this story if you want to play "connect the dots":

On June 7th, Junior sets up the "Russia/Hillary Dirt" meeting for June 9th. Also on June 7th, Trump clinches the nomination wining CA (and a few other states). As part of his victory speech, he promises a "major speech on probably Monday (June 13) of next week and we are going to be discussing all of the things that have taken place with the Clintons".

• Fire 2

Here's a handy timeline of events (that starts at the 2013 Miss Universe pageant!!!) of Trump's Russia involvement.

What happened and when: The timeline leading up to Donald Trump Jr.’s fateful meeting

I like these two comments (copied below) after the article - I think they have it figured out and I think Trump has been played like a cheap violin. :violin

The bigger danger is that we have a political party that is for the most part has gone into Sargent Schultz mode: I see nothing and hear nothing in defense of their guy in the WH. This transcends party affiliation as it strikes

to the core of our democracy. One can yell and scream about the 'crooked Clintons' and I did. But that is a fight among the family - it is internal. This is an attack from the outside as grave as an ISIS attack but much more subtle.

One party is on top of it (perhaps for political reasons) the other is playing dumb at best and at worse enabling.

Quoted Comments:
pkmc83a
It was a bait meeting. Goldstone sold the information as super sensitive etc. The purpose was to see if there was interest in the Trump camp for collaboration on a common objective, crippling a Clinton presidency, or hopefully aborting it.

The purpose of the meeting was accomplished when Junior bit and brought Manafort and Kuschner in as well. That was a signal to the Russians that Trump was willing to collaborate. Russia could not mettle in the election without active collaboration by Trump.

It was not a nothing meeting. The Russian lawyer who came probably did not know what Goldstone had promised. She didn't have to know. She was the bait. What does bait know? It was a probe. Like a hacker pinging your credit card after stealing your data. If you don't catch it, they will run the account to the limit. This was a ping that scored a hit.

YES. To understand what's gone on over the last year you have to understand how the Russians, and Putin, operate. Putin's ultimate goal is not to help Trump or work together with him - it is to bring America to its knees. I've been saying all along, after Putin's done building Trump up, he will leak the information that destroys him.
  • Fire 2