DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

I'm thinking this may have been the quote Frum was talking about:

Seated at his Oval Office desk, Trump said he did not fault his son for holding the meeting, writing it off as a decision made in the heat of an upstart, non-traditional campaign.

"I think many people would have held that meeting," Trump said.

Basically Trump doesn't care. Whatever it takes to win. Frum took some liberties with how he interpreted it.

I would shoot myself if I were given that job and told to go in front of a camera on national TV and act like that.

If I were the interviewer, I would have to become a real smart ass and start drilling them with questions about why they answer questions like that...and do you realize the American people know you're hiding something when you do that?

https://www.mcsweeneys.net/articles/how-to-talk-to-your-teen-about-colluding-with-russia

Even the best-behaved teen is likely to encounter a situation where he or she is tempted to collude with Russia. Unfortunately for parents, a teen’s natural tendency to test the limits of independence can often manifest itself in his or her exchanging sensitive information with Russian emissaries for material or other rewards. If not constructively addressed during adolescence, colluding with Russia can have much more serious consequences in adulthood.

Here are a few tips for engaging in a healthy conversation with your teen about the hazards of colluding with Russia:

Please pass along to any friends in need.

• Fire 1

He has no choice at this point. He has spent the last 4-5 months ranting about how horrible the fake news networks are for even dreaming that anyone in his campaign would do anything with Russia. Now......it's impossible to say that. He has to save face somehow. So....the answer is, the meeting meant nothing.

Trump always has a choice. Plus, you'd think he has lawyers to listen to. Kush clearly does, and so does Mike Pence.

Trump could stay quiet. He could emphasize that he didn't know anything about this. Attaching his name to the declaration that this meeting was standard and above board seems like a serious political and legal liability.

When the dust settles, either Trump or the law will still be standing, but not both.

That would all be fine and dandy if he had kept his mouth shut and fingers silent over the last 4 -6 months. But....he hasn't. He has constantly flapped his trap about how horrible and wrong and unfair this which hunt is and "fake news". He has constantly ridiculed anyone who would even think that anyone from his campaign would have anything to do with Russia. He has ridiculed anyone who even thinks that Russia meddled in our elections.

.......only to have his own son expose that all of that was total BS. His ego is what requires him to say what he is now. If he just now shuts up and doesn't say anything, it's basically admitting he was full of BS all these months.....and he just can't do that.

Oh yes....he had a choice. But, that was over the last 4-6 months when he was saying all the things he was saying......now......he's all in and has to keep going.

Right, that's the incredible thing to me. He picks consistency over self-protection? He must have lawyers screaming at him not to put his own name to an endorsement of this stuff. As far as changing tune on something or falling silent on an old promise/position, he's done that plenty before.