DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

The fact Dems do this when in power shouldn't cause us to lose vigilance about what's going on with Trump.

Let's hold the guy and his surround infrastructure to the appropriate standard and keep that standard when a Democrat is in power again. We can rail against them if and when they make the same choices when the time comes.

Are you trying to say that because the U.S. has interfered in lots of foreign elections, that Russia's interference in our election isn't that big of a deal and as such is kinda like Benghazi and the Emails?

Nope. That's exactly what is being said.

And it's perhaps the stupidest fucking tangent ever on this board. And we suffered through several iterations of wifi.

You brought up Benghazi and the emails, and I'm the one with the stupid f'ing tangent? Wow, glass houses and all that.

Moiraine, if we're going to talk about the severity of the Russian interference in our election, then we need some sort of context or standard. I'm pointing out the US has taken similar actions in the past including against Russia. How big of a deal that makes it, is an open question.

I personally am VERY concerned with some of the talk in the MSM about how Russian interference is an act of war. Should Trump and his team be held accountable for any and all collusion with a foreign power? Absolutely. But I don't want this thing to be made out to be even bigger than it is.

The fact Dems do this when in power shouldn't cause us to lose vigilance about what's going on with Trump.

Let's hold the guy and his surround infrastructure to the appropriate standard and keep that standard when a Democrat is in power again. We can rail against them if and when they make the same choices when the time comes.

I don't think anyone is saying we shouldn't lose vigilance in this issue.

Here's what we're all saying.

A friend has been murdered. That friend, in the past, has assaulted another man. We should take note of the fact that our friend was a criminal, but that doesn't stop us from finding and prosecuting the person who murdered him, nor does it make the murderer's act more agreeable.

Are you trying to say that because the U.S. has interfered in lots of foreign elections, that Russia's interference in our election isn't that big of a deal and as such is kinda like Benghazi and the Emails?

Nope. That's exactly what is being said.

And it's perhaps the stupidest fucking tangent ever on this board. And we suffered through several iterations of wifi.

You brought up Benghazi and the emails, and I'm the one with the stupid f'ing tangent? Wow, glass houses and all that.

Moiraine, if we're going to talk about the severity of the Russian interference in our election, then we need some sort of context or standard. I'm pointing out the US has taken similar actions in the past including against Russia. How big of a deal that makes it, is an open question.

I personally am VERY concerned with some of the talk in the MSM about how Russian interference is an act of war. Should Trump and his team be held accountable for any and all collusion with a foreign power? Absolutely. But I don't want this thing to be made out to be even bigger than it is.

Again, it's not at all relevant. In no way does our interference in other countries' elections have any bearing on how serious it is when it happens to us, nor does it put it into context. I don't care if we did it zero times or 5,000, it doesn't make it happening to us any less or more serious.

Our "standard" or tolerance for other countries interfering in our elections should be 0. Our tolerance for collusion should be 0. What we did to other countries is not at all relevant.

From what I gather from Norman's other tweets, is there real pressure to get Trump out of office now?

Is there a possibility Trump is found guilty for collusion and stays in office? I sure hope not but with this Congress who knows. Or in that case would it become a different matter entirely where Trump could go to jail? If collusion is true, to me that is a treasonous act.

Let me get this straight: The FBI knew Russia was meddling in the election. They knew that they attempted to influence elections in other countries. They are the greatest threat in the world to our democratic processes. But he determined that the american people need to know that one candidate had some emails they hadn't read yet, and nothing about Russian collusion in the election.

He is about to fall on his sword and I'm not sure why...