Huskers Add Former Notre Dame Staffer as Special Teams Analyst

GSG

I have read (maybe from this site, maybe from another site, can't remember) that Alabama has like 8 former coaches in the Tide athletic department and they're all analysts.

That's 8 former football coaches on top of the Tide's NCAA allotted full time-coaches and graduate assistants.

Often wondered if that is true, and if it is, and the NCAA allows it, then why doesn't Nebraska do something similar?

I have read (maybe from this site, maybe from another site, can't remember) that Alabama has like 8 former coaches in the Tide athletic department and they're all analysts.

That's 8 former football coaches on top of the Tide's NCAA allotted full time-coaches and graduate assistants.

Often wondered if that is true, and if it is, and the NCAA allows it, then why doesn't Nebraska do something similar?

we just did

we just did

Do we have 8 former coaches in the athletic department working as analysts?

(I am not sure actually how many the Tide have) 1 < 8. Stay tuned for more riveting facts.... :P

we just did

(I am not sure actually how many the Tide have) 1 < 8. Stay tuned for more riveting facts.... :P

Bama is also the most successful program in the country with arguably the greatest coach of all time. Every coach not working as a coach for Alabama knows that it's a better move for their career than 90% of the coaching jobs out there. Look at Sark. I'm sure there are others who have seen a boost to their career by just working with Nick Saban. That up close experience with greatness is absolutely going to rub off on you and help you in the long run.

we just did

Bama is also the most successful program in the country with arguably the greatest coach of all time. Every coach not working as a coach for Alabama knows that it's a better move for their career than 90% of the coaching jobs out there. Look at Sark. I'm sure there are others who have seen a boost to their career by just working with Nick Saban. That up close experience with greatness is absolutely going to rub off on you and help you in the long run.

What you're saying is true, but isn't really germane to my questions.

1) Is having that many analysts (8 or however many the Tide have) in your athletic department, exclusively for football, legal as far as the NCAA is concerned?

2) If yes, how many does Nebraska have?

Clearly we have one right now. Do we have any others?

we just did

What you're saying is true, but isn't really germane to my questions.

1) Is having that many analysts (8 or however many the Tide have) in your athletic department, exclusively for football, legal as far as the NCAA is concerned?

2) If yes, how many does Nebraska have?

Clearly we have one right now. Do we have any others?

Yes it's legal because these guys don't interact with the players and Nebraska has 1 but the point is most coaches aren't going to take that position unless it benefits them and when it comes to this in particular there is really no way we can compete with Bama on that front at this point. We are making an effort so that is good
  • Fire 1