RB JaVeon Marlow [Vanderbilt - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Why are we reaching to the far corners of the US to offer guys like this? Can we not find similar players close to home?

Was just thinking the same thing. This kid isn't exactly fast and that offer list is pretty slim at this point. Maybe a diamond in the rough that'll pick up more later on but still.

I'm not saying we need to pass on the kid, I'm just a little confused by our running back recruiting strategy. Seems like it would be much easier to target backs of similar caliber in Missouri, Colorado, Iowa, NE ect. We seem to be reaching out all over for players we could find much closer to home is all

I actually like his film. Tough runner with some elusiveness and good balance. Looks faster then his 4.76 time, which is electronic and verified.

At the Orlando Regionals for the Opening, he scored a 87.12 Rating. Just to put something in perspective, TJ Pledger scored a 87.87.

On his profile on 247 it says he is a 4.50 guy.

Our coaches have a track record of finding kids who bump up later it seems. Obviously it's not just Davis's decision and the coaches and staff evaluated him and deemed him worthy of their time.

Doesn't look thrilling, but I think the coaches have earned some trust in their evaluating and recruiting. I'm attempting to learn to not jump to conclusions too early!

Our coaches have a track record of finding kids who bump up later it seems. Obviously it's not just Davis's decision and the coaches and staff evaluated him and deemed him worthy of their time.

Doesn't look thrilling, but I think the coaches have earned some trust in their evaluating and recruiting. I'm attempting to learn to not jump to conclusions too early!

On RB's? I disagree.

On RB's? I disagree.

I'm talking about recruiting in general. I think they do a pretty good job of finding talent. I believe that if they are going after this guy it's because they believe he can play and do so within the context of our offense. We certainly haven't landed any super star runningbacks, but landing them has nothing to do with identifying them which we do well.

Since we identify talent pretty well, I have no reason to believe that this kid isn't skilled enough to earn a scholarship.

Edit: His film is certainly fun to watch

• Mavric changed the title to RB JaVeon Marlow [Vanderbilt - Signed LOI]