Miles to New Mexico?

NU bball will survive either way - if Miles were to leave I would say it was best for both parties. I prefer to see Miles have one last run at something here. He has some depth for the first time here at Nebraska and any player that doesn't leave this offseason (or any grad transfers that he brings in) should be very committed to playing for NU. Either way the pressure will be on him and he needs to produce at a level higher then we have seen in the past 10 years.

who would we even go get? I'd go after Romar or Crean and hire Glen Miller, who was recently let go by UConn, as Associate HC. Guy was credited with the game plans for UConn's 2014 run and has been on staff at UConn forever. Recently let go so they could hire Raphael Chillious, one of the best recruiting assistants in the country. Romar/Crean probably aren't the best X and O guys but you get Miller in there for the X's and O's and a guy who can acquire talent like Crean or Romar and you've got something.

NU needs to prioritize coaches that have a proven history of acquiring talent at every stop they're at. Now that we have a full share of B1G revenue we have more than enough monetarily to hire these types of guys as well as top flight assistants. No more excuses.

who would we even go get? I'd go after Romar or Crean and hire Glen Miller, who was recently let go by UConn, as Associate HC. Guy was credited with the game plans for UConn's 2014 run and has been on staff at UConn forever. Recently let go so they could hire Raphael Chillious, one of the best recruiting assistants in the country. Romar/Crean probably aren't the best X and O guys but you get Miller in there for the X's and O's and a guy who can acquire talent like Crean or Romar and you've got something.

NU needs to prioritize coaches that have a proven history of acquiring talent at every stop they're at. Now that we have a full share of B1G revenue we have more than enough monetarily to hire these types of guys as well as top flight assistants. No more excuses.

I know you are a Uconn athletics guy, but why do we need to get their fired assistant? Only way he would want to come here is as the head man, he also has to be able to recruit guys to Nebraska and during the NC run had oodles of talent at his disposal. I believe he is a good coach, but I doubt we fire any assistants, Mo can sorta recruit but he is the defensive guru. Kenya is a recruiter and well respected coach, Lewis came here for the X and O type guy on offense and he knows how to coach up guards really well. Out of those three I don't know who you fire. With all the assistants running out the door lately, I would assume Tim doesn't make.

Also isn't Harriman at New Mexico, maybe they promote him to head man as a last resort if they don't get their guy.

I know you are a Uconn athletics guy, but why do we need to get their fired assistant? Only way he would want to come here is as the head man, he also has to be able to recruit guys to Nebraska and during the NC run had oodles of talent at his disposal. I believe he is a good coach, but I doubt we fire any assistants, Mo can sorta recruit but he is the defensive guru. Kenya is a recruiter and well respected coach, Lewis came here for the X and O type guy on offense and he knows how to coach up guards really well. Out of those three I don't know who you fire. With all the assistants running out the door lately, I would assume Tim doesn't make.

Also isn't Harriman at New Mexico, maybe they promote him to head man as a last resort if they don't get their guy.

only reason he was fired is because they had the opportunity to bring in Raphael Chillious who is renowned in CBB as one of the best recruiters in the country and he held the same position at Oregon. Doesn't have to be Glen Miller I just used him as an example, guy who is proven in scouting and game planning that handles the X's and O's while a guy like Crean or Roman recruits.

I'd still like to see Mark Gottfried (former NC State coach)

NCAA's 4 years out of 6

2 Sweet Sixteens

Right where Nebraska would love to be at and would be an attainable hire

As a bonus, we'd almost for sure be the front-runner for the Rivals 150 guard that just decommitted from NC State and possibly his friend, another Rivals 150 that decommitted from UConn.

• Fire 1

I doubt SE would put up with an ASS. still recovering from the last ASS.

Yeah I agree, the Ginger Assassin probably has a case of PTSD from dealing with Pelini and it seems to me like Crean good be the basketball version of Pelini.

Also don't see Miles cutting and running to New Mexico but at the point anything is possible.