2017 NBA Draft

Mavric

• 3 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...

Had to look this up so I thought I'd post it here as well.

This is how the team with the best record in the East (Celtics) also ended up with the #1 pick.

Celtics traded Garnett, Pierce, Jason Terry and DJ White to the Nets for six basically nobodies plus three first round picks (2014, 2016 and 2018) and the right to swap first round picks this year. That was in 2013.

Could the Celtics get a good deal out of the first pick? I don't know if Fultz is the answer for the Celtics (if they could swing the first pick and some assets for a player like Paul George that is)

Yeah they have some pretty solid bench players that could probably get a bigger role elsewhere possibly. They may take Fultz than trade him, but I would assume they will be sending three or more guys plus the current pick and possibly more for a guy like Paul George. The way teams will compete with the warriors and Cavs is to make superteams of their own.

Could the Celtics get a good deal out of the first pick? I don't know if Fultz is the answer for the Celtics (if they could swing the first pick and some assets for a player like Paul George that is)

Yeah they have some pretty solid bench players that could probably get a bigger role elsewhere possibly. They may take Fultz than trade him, but I would assume they will be sending three or more guys plus the current pick and possibly more for a guy like Paul George. The way teams will compete with the warriors and Cavs is to make superteams of their own.
I forget though it may not be wise to trade for PG13 because he may want to go to LA next off season. I've also heard of the Celtics possibly signing Gordon Hayward this off-season but I definitely think they would need another piece to compete with the big boys
  • 4 weeks later...